List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah who knows.
If the rumours are true about a 3-4 year offer on decent coin at GC, it may trigger a second rounder.
Haven't I read that we get nothing for him because he has been delisted before?

Huge blunder paying what they did for Kelly???? Only asking what a WCE supporter thinks
I said at the time that we overpaid a touch but I don't consider it a huge blunder. I think it was the right decision to go after him and I'm happy to have him. I would have liked to have kept one of the second-rounders we traded out.

I said at the time that we overpaid a touch but I don't consider it a huge blunder. I think it was the right decision to go after him and I'm happy to have him. I would have liked to have kept one of the second-rounders we traded out.
Only asked as they could have drafted 2-3 mids with what they paid for Kelly

Only asked as they could have drafted 2-3 mids with what they paid for Kelly
You can say that about any trade. I think Kelly was the right move.

If we hadn't done it, we'd be sitting here having the opposite discussion i.e. Why weren't WC more aggressive? Why didn't they go and get another top-liner when they were ostensibly in the window?

Last edited:
Bolton off to Freo
CJ off to the sun's
Chol will be at the lions
Caddy committed to the Roos
McIntosh also 2 year deal at Freo
Broad also huge chance to head to swans

Essendon out of cerra race tigers have said no can't afford you blues only option but won't give up a first rounder
Strong mail is that Balta and Soldo are also leaving to go play for Dinamo Zagreb.

The list will still be good enough to expect to play finals but I'm not sure it'll go beyond that.

To me West Coast have a lot of good players.

They have a lot of depth and have a good feeder area to a degree in WA.

What West Coast lack is star factor like a Dusty.

Allen is your best player but I bet he is not your highest paid player

West Coast is one of the most even teams around I think and bottom six is quite good.

I think its hard to get a read on some of your players because they play such a uncontested way at times

Kelly was the the right move strategically.
They were overpaid at the time though and hindsight will show they significantly overpaid because of the underperformance of him and the team to deliver another flag tilt.
Like I said, I think we overpaid but not massively. I'd like to have kept one of the second-rounders we traded out. Also, Kelly hasn't been anywhere near as disappointing as some folks claim. WC overall have been flaky but I'm not sure that makes the trade a bad one on its merits.

Kelly was the the right move strategically.
They were overpaid at the time though and hindsight will show they significantly overpaid because of the underperformance of him and the team to deliver another flag tilt.
West Coast are basically in the identical situation as us, banked on our window being open for another season or so but ultimately injury, rule changes and under performing headliners have put the plans into question

They have an ageing core of guys that they have relied on every week over the past few years and some decent kids but they aren’t matured enough to do the heavy lifting for a few more seasons

To me West Coast have a lot of good players.

They have a lot of depth and have a good feeder area to a degree in WA.
Not much depth in the midfield.

WC have drafted one-and-a-half AFL-calibre midfielders in the past 10 off-seasons. That's a problem.

What West Coast lack is star factor like a Dusty.
Well, they don't have Dustin Martin specifically but I'm not sure the top end of the list is the issue. WC's best 22 still includes 10 players who've been AA plus Shuey.

Allen is your best player but I bet he is not your highest paid player
Allen isn't close to being our best player. And he's 22 so no he not's the highest paid either.

West Coast is one of the most even teams around I think and bottom six is quite good.
Is this sarcasm?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast are basically in the identical situation as us, banked on our window being open for another season or so but ultimately injury, rule changes and under performing headliners have put the plans into question

They have an ageing core of guys that they have relied on every week over the past few years and some decent kids but they aren’t matured enough to do the heavy lifting for a few more seasons

Nope, we can refresh, they have a longer refresh if they do it right.

We clearly are weaker in the midfield and backline.

They have pockets of weaknesses in different areas which is harder to tell

I think West Coast is a side that will never hit the wooden spoon but will sneak a premiership here and there bit like when they beat Collingwood because they are always reasonably strong without being able to be really great due to equalisation measures

WC have drafted one-and-a-half AFL-calibre midfielders in the past 10 off-seasons. That's a problem.

Well, they don't have Dustin Martin specifically but I'm not sure the top end of the list is the issue. WC's best 22 still includes 10 players who've been AA plus Shuey.

Allen isn't close to being our best player. And he's 22 so no he not's the highest paid either.

Is this sarcasm?

Who do you think is better than Allen in your team?

In terms of guns, none of your midfield reach Cotch's level at his peak.

None of your players reached JR's level, none of your players reached Rance's level.

McGovern is not worth what you pay for him IMO.

Nick Nat was over paid when he was earning the big bucks in terms of bang for buck and you paid too much for Kelly

Is this sarcasm?

Dont waste your time mate

Nope, we can refresh, they have a longer refresh if they do it right.

We clearly are weaker in the midfield and backline.

They have pockets of weaknesses in different areas which is harder to tell

I think West Coast is a side that will never hit the wooden spoon but will sneak a premiership here and there bit like when they beat Collingwood because they are always reasonably strong without being able to be really great due to equalisation measures
Na they have the 3rd oldest list in the comp with not enough depth for when those guys finish up over the next 2 years
Shepard 29
Redden 30
Natinui 30
Shuey 30
Kennedy 33
Vardy 29
Mcgovin 29
Hurn 33
Darling 28

Richmond’s and west coast list profiles and basically identical

Na they have the 3rd oldest list in the comp with not enough depth for when those guys finish up over the next 2 years
Shepard 29
Redden 30
Natinui 30
Shuey 30
Kennedy 33
Vardy 29
Mcgovin 29
Hurn 33
Darling 28
Darling at 28 is not an immediate concern. Forget about Vardy. At either end, I think we've done a reasonable job of building for the future. There are talls and mediums who should be AFL-calibre players at the very least. It's the midfield that sticks out as the concern, and of course replacing NicNat in the ruck.

Shepard 29
Redden 30
Natinui 30
Shuey 30
Kennedy 33
Vardy 29
Mcgovin 29
Hurn 33
Darling 28

Richmond’s and west coast list profiles and basically identical

Nope, we have Balta, and Bolton and Graham and Stack and others.

I cannot see RFC being interested in any of those players

Darling at 28 is not an immediate concern. Forget about Vardy. At either end, I think we've done a reasonable job of building for the future. It's the midfield that sticks out as the concern, and of course replacing NicNat in the ruck.
Agree, more just looking at how our lists are similar
We have both set up alright for the next tilt but it will be a few years of no mans land until that next wave are ready to execute and get the experience under their belt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back