List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem getting Mitchell is what does it cost you from a future list position.

Who is he kicking out of our midfield to take that role. Then what role does that person take, so which kid gets pushed down the pecking order?

If we were to move on Kmac and say Pickett, and our kids like HRS, Dow and RCD were given those opportunities, then no worries really...

But if the match Committee stick with Kmac and Pickett when fit and available, and we're not moving Cotch or Edwards on, then were does the development come for the kids for years 3-6 from now???

Even with or without Mitchell, we need to start finding roles outside the midfield for Cotchin, Edwards and Lambert

Edwards and Lambert will play more forward now anyway. RCD would clearly be hurt by recruiting Mitchell if everyone else stayed healthy (Prestia and Cotchin wont stay healthy), but RCD never seems to be in favor anyway. Dow and HRS can both play more outside and provide the run like yesterday.

Dow and Hugo don't need to be 22 game players next year to continue developing. If they play around 10-12 each its fine. The spots of older players should open up completely after next season.

In terms of list balance.I think we should forget about Narkle and chase Jarrod Bander.
We were very keen on him in the draft.
On the outer at West Coast and would be the ideal replacement for Astbury and or release Balta to the fwd line.

In terms of list balance.I think we should forget about Narkle and chase Jarrod Bander.
On the outer at West Coast and would be the ideal replacement for Astbury and or release Balta to the fwd line.
Was keen on him as a winger earlier on but that's not really his spot.

Could be a decent defender. A few failed forwards have gone on to make fine defenders. Playing well in the WAFL.

Not sure he'd come cheap though

Was keen on him as a winger earlier on but that's not really his spot.

Could be a decent defender. A few failed forwards have gone on to make fine defenders. Playing well in the WAFL.

Not sure he'd come cheap though
he'd have to be relatively cheap, they're not playing him every week

Eagles fans say he's another Schache and is quite timid at the contest, hence why they've tried to turn him into a wingman.

May be a good intercepting tall defender in a similar role to what Schache is currently playing for the Dogs, but would get bullied by the big Lynch/Hawkins/Dixon type forwards.

Just putting this out here, its not confirmed 100% yet but I heard this about 4 months ago from a PM on here. Dismissed it but promised ill dig around. Now the noise has not died down yet about it and for those I get my mail, they are pretty good in killing a bullshit rumor. The noise is RCD may not be at the club next year and its not the club pushing the trade but RCD.

Again working harder now to see if i can confirm it or not but figured its genuine enough to share.

Dont kill the messenger as I AM NOT PUSHING HIM OUT......just wanted to make that clear lol

Just putting this out here, its not confirmed 100% yet but I heard this about 4 months ago from a PM on here. Dismissed it but promised ill dig around. Now the noise has not died down yet about it and for those I get my mail, they are pretty good in killing a bullshit rumor. The noise is RCD may not be at the club next year and its not the club pushing the trade but RCD.

Again working harder now to see if i can confirm it or not but figured its genuine enough to share.

Dont kill the messenger as I AM NOT PUSHING HIM OUT......just wanted to make that clear lol
Would be disappointing if he goes but if he does, it might help in landing a trade target. I don't believe we can just keep going to the draft year after year. Need to get some guys in their early/mid 20s in to fill the gaps, not just 18yo's

TBH I can see why...

Even just 2 weeks ago, we were playing parker in the middle instead of the kid...

Parker at the saints was a fwd, then we drafted him as a wingman from SF, yet he walks into the centre square ahead of this kid...

He was playing well that out... He would be playing at 10-14 other clubs IMO

not too surprising. might have to give something to get something at the end of the day. RCD part of a cerra trade as an example.

The more I think about it the more I think we need to pick up a ready to go key defender so Balta can go forward.

A forward line of Balta, Riewoldt and Lynch is frightening and he's a gun 2nd ruck and a point of difference.

If we can swap CCJ for a key defender either direct swap or on trade the pick for him that'd be a good outcome.

Key forward stocks of Riewoldt, Lynch, Balta with Samson in the ressies and pick one up in the draft. Ruck stocks of Nank, Soldo and Mate in the ressies. Key defenders of Grimes, Astbury and trade target, with Biggie and Miller in the reserves is good balance.

Trade in Cerra, key defender, narkle/dunstan as a free agent. Trade out CCJ and let Chol go. Take at least a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd round pick to the draft. Or upgrade the 2nd and future 2nd for another 1st.

Forward line sorted. 2nd ruck sorted. Midfield sorted. Backline sorted. Few new kids added. Easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is not great news.
I know the coaching staff see him in the Cotchin role and they struggle to play both of them in the team. I’m sure Riley is aware of this.

At the moment, Cotch offers more than Riley from an impact perspective, but I can understand his frustration.

The only other players that are vying for this role are Martyn and Ross (this has changed since last year where he was playing that inside role he looked so good in). The cupboard is pretty bare in terms of types to replace Cotchin here.

He is contracted so at least we would get a fair deal if that were the case.

You're a campaigner for pushing him out. * you ;)

The more I think about it the more I think we need to pick up a ready to go key defender so Balta can go forward.

A forward line of Balta, Riewoldt and Lynch is frightening and he's a gun 2nd ruck and a point of difference.

If we can swap CCJ for a key defender either direct swap or on trade the pick for him that'd be a good outcome.

Key forward stocks of Riewoldt, Lynch, Balta with Samson in the ressies and pick one up in the draft. Ruck stocks of Nank, Soldo and Mate in the ressies. Key defenders of Grimes, Astbury and trade target, with Biggie and Miller in the reserves is good balance.

Trade in Cerra, key defender, narkle/dunstan as a free agent. Trade out CCJ and let Chol go. Take at least a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd round pick to the draft. Or upgrade the 2nd and future 2nd for another 1st.

Forward line sorted. 2nd ruck sorted. Midfield sorted. Backline sorted. Few new kids added. Easy.
i reckon this is a genuine go. i love noah at full-back but god how good would he be as a 2nd/3rd forward and ruck....

we need a backman in the draft and one/both of garth and miller to improve for this which is the issue.

Absolutely not , is an ordinary player, failed as a kpp, tried on wing to try and get some kinda return , much prefer others

RCD is still at a point where we don't know if he will succeed. Could be a star, could be a bust.

I'd be expecting a mid first rounder at the very least for him.
Wouldn’t surprise me if he wanted to pursue his craft elsewhere , hasn’t got much of a go compared to others. There’s a pretty good argument that he could do everything that Parker does and them some with genuine midfield ability,,,he hasn’t had that extended chance

Of

If that’s the case, I wonder if we do have an inside mid on our radar?

Wouldn’t surprise me if he wanted to pursue his craft elsewhere , hasn’t got much of a go compared to others. There’s a pretty good argument that he could do everything that Parker does and them some with genuine midfield ability,,,he hasn’t had that extended chance
You're not wrong. There were also whispers Saints were trying to lure him over last year, maybe they're still in his ear.

RCD is still at a point where we don't know if he will succeed. Could be a star, could be a bust.

I'd be expecting a mid first rounder at the very least for him.
Mid 1st?
Mid 2nd maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back