List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) If your main defenders go down then the season is over because you don't have back ups. i.e. back ups cna cover your stars for a while anbd allow the team to continue on whilst someone is injured.
2) If you don't have back ups then you have no young players being developed. So then you have to trade in expensive players
3) You don't have flexibility with eh squad if you only have first choice defenders.

Whats wrong with a season being over?

The season is over this year for premierships with Dusty and Balta out.

If we had developing backs of some quality they could be back up

I’d rather keep Astbury another year than recruit Talia who has been injury ravaged the last few seasons

What would Astbury be on do you think?

Not questioning it, just curious to get a feel for some of our salaries

For example, I would not bring in a Mitchell for 700K. Mitchell is relevant in fantasy but I want something more constructive and team orientated in the real thing with more bang for buck. I would not want Mitchell racking up possessions interferrring with the development of the rest of our list and team patterns

Look at Port and Rockliff, Rockliff was unlucky but

Yeo is a WA boy so finishing his career in Melbourne doesn't add up.

.... Although I agree he's the one you'd want.Gaff has a clause in the 7 year deal that he can return to Victoria if an offer arises. It was reported last year but can't be f’ed finding the article.

It's probably him but he's 30 next year so I'm not a fan of this move if true.
any offer for him would be well off his 800k pa unless it came from norf 6 x 1mn

What would Astbury be on do you think?

Not questioning it, just curious to get a feel for some of our salaries

For example, I would not bring in a Mitchell for 700K. Mitchell is relevant in fantasy but I want something more constructive and team orientated in the real thing with more bang for buck. I would not want Mitchell racking up possessions interferrring with the development of the rest of our list and team patterns

Look at Port and Rockliff, Rockliff was unlucky but

I have no idea about salaries and don’t really care about them, I’m sure the club can work it out and I think if Astbury were to sign for another year, he wouldn’t be asking for much $$$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea about salaries and don’t really care about them, I’m sure the club can work it out and I think if Astbury were to sign for another year, he wouldn’t be asking for much $$$

Here's the thing. For GWS with Coniglio's contract I am not sure how they still win a premiership, they have a lot of talent but they also carry a few cheapies. GWS must have some on their list that are underpaid and could be targeted but who?

I think some clubs get influenced by other clubs salaries like the Gold Coast and so forth and lose track of value for money.

The Hind versus Saad comparison is a case in point and smart sleuthing by the Bombers in hindsight. Bombers are coming out as a bit of a threat after offloading Daniher in the future ahead and others starting to move to father time to give them cap options one would presume. It even looks like they are fishing others to snatch Shiel away from them

Looking at the NBA, the salaries of players on lists are very relevant how teams construct their seasons challenge every year despite other BS factors like luxury taxes and other infuences

Whats wrong with a season being over?

The season is over this year for premierships with Dusty and Balta out.

If we had developing backs of some quality they could be back up

Back ups are there to back up when you have injuries. We did well out of our back ups in 2019 and 2020. It ain't over until it's over. Having solid back ups can help you get over a troubled period and win the whole damn thing.

And more experienced back ups can help in protecting your kids when they need protecting.

And your back ups are often your younger developing players anyway.

Back ups are there to back up when you have injuries. We did well out of our back ups in 2019 and 2020. It ain't over until it's over. Having solid back ups can help you get over a troubled period and win the whole damn thing.

And more experienced back ups can help in protecting your kids when they need protecting.

And your back ups are often your younger developing players anyway.

Who are the backups you speak of in 2019 and 2020?

Some would not be back ups but options as part of a pool of players

I guess Chol would be one of those players, Aarts maybe for 2020

Chol would have been seen as a developing player at the time, not a back up necessarily

Draft a backman and we have a developing/backup back

Pickett would have been seen as fringe not necessarily backup

When someone says clear back up, you really talking second tier and unless injury no. So why have them? Better of drafting a developing player that can help with back up

Last edited:
View attachment 1203645

Chol not giving off any vibes that he's going anywhere. If you knew you were out the door, you probably wouldn't be so hyped about others resigning?
Interesting Martyn got a extension before some still uncontracted
Club must rate him highly as a inside mid

Too bad we have not had another look before the end of the year

View attachment 1203645

Chol not giving off any vibes that he's going anywhere. If you knew you were out the door, you probably wouldn't be so hyped about others resigning?

I think Ralphsmith will be a player, not so sure about Martyn but club would have a better idea and the salary he is on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back