List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand people sometimes are they on the same page ? we won 3 flags in 5 years well obviously your going have to have a mini rebuild and changing of the guard isn't it normal.Your not getting those top line picks when your at the top winning flags now we got the picks to rejuvenate seems like people think we should have the next Cotchin or Jack sitting in the vfl you will be lucky to draft our generation of top line players.

Have all our premiership players retired, received a career ending injury or aged 10 years overnight? I'm confused why some people are so pessimistic on our future.

I trust in evidence and the evidence shows me we have a side that won multiple permierships, one as recently as last year. You need multiple years to read a trend and make a realistic judgement. One bad year does not make a trend particularly when results are tainted by mass injuries.

Make your mind up at the end of next year. Until then, there is no reason why we won't leap up the ladder again in 2022.

Has there been a trade yet of a player that hasnt requested one and just ends up at another club ?

Can only think of the Grigg trade for us and Carlton

Clayton Oliver wouldnt have exactly presented like grant kenny at u18 either
Oliver's U18 footage was very impressive, he was absolutely the player I was hoping we would take with our pick, but clearly lots felt the same way as he rocketed up the order as the year went on. Didn't see one highlight from Hobbs that was anything like what Oliver showed at the same level.

Have all our premiership players retired, received a career ending injury or aged 10 years overnight? I'm confused why some people are so pessimistic on our future.

I trust in evidence. One year does not make a trend particularly when results are tainted by mass injuries.

Make your mind up at the end of next year. Until then, there is no reason why we won't leap up the ladder again in 2022.

I don't back this sentiment as we got smashed with a fit squad at the start of the year and then we had injuries that showed our crazy good depth of 2019 and 2020 to be not that great.

in my opinon i think Hardwick rolling the dice again next year thinking we have the squad to take on the Demons, Dogs, Swans ect is folly. BUT he is the tripple premiership coach and we have to back him.

I dont want to be Geelong or Hawks and be there abouts only for the rebuild to way way longer

was mucking around b4 bored shitless
wrote the top 30 afl draft prospects names on pices of paper
according to afl
picked out 5 names and this is what we ended up with
Arlo Draper
Josh Goater
Sam Butler
Jacob Van Rooyen
Blake Howes

not a bad collection of players

So what I’m not aloud to point out that we the cupboard is pretty bare in that department once Chol & CCJ go ?

Obviously we need to draft or shake the tree & see what’s out there trade wise

I was only replying to another post who was saying we are lacking in depth in the midfield & small forwards , I think the key forward spot is a key area as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not disagreeing with your opinion, just suggesting you might voice your opinion on how you think we best rectify the problem. With our performance this year you could rightly suggest there are issues in many places but the point is we are discussing trade & FA that may help. Otherwise the thread could just be called .....WE ARE s**t.

HS did a live trade chat yesterday, and interestingly both Jon Ralph and Sam Landsberger suggested they we could get pick 20 in a CJ deal. They're certainly not buying into the 'pick 38 or PSD' narrative that North fans have created on here. They also reiterated that we're expecting a third round pick for Chol.

Also regarding a pick swap with GC, Jay Clark said, "I'm told the Tigers have an interest in Ben Hobbs in this year's draft. Competitive midfielder who loves to have a crack. To get him the Tigers would have to move up from 7 to 3 so I think there is a big chance there is a deal here between the Suns and Tigers, but plenty to play out." I thought Ward would be the one we'd be after. However, Hobbs is probably the type of mid we need more in the short term so it does make sense. If only there was some way to get both of them ...
im sure there is a way to get both
hypotheticly if we trade our pick 15 and next years first rounder would that be enough to get suns pick 3
if yes then we could get draft hobbs and ward

Am I the only one who thinks Soldo is being massively overrated in here?
Not to mention he’s coming off a knee and 12 months out of the game.
He is every chance to be rubbish again.
probaby you may be the only one

I trust in evidence and the evidence shows me we have a side that won multiple permierships, one as recently as last year. You need multiple years to read a trend and make a realistic judgement. One bad year does not make a trend particularly when results are tainted by mass injuries.

This year was another 2016, gear up for another 3 flags lads!

Totally agree with you mate.

Any chance we'll go for Charlie constable? Remember reading from his draft profile that although he's slow he makes up for it in footy IQ.

Was always low on the pecking order at Geelong given their short sighted reliance on selwood in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance we'll go for Charlie constable? Remember reading from his draft profile that although he's slow he makes up for it in footy IQ.

Was always low on the pecking order at Geelong given their short sighted reliance on selwood in the middle.
No Chance

We have more of a chance that RCD wins the brownlow than trading for constable (im serious)

*en hope not

Champ and Pal:

The glass is half full.

No it isn't, it's half empty.

Lol no mate it's still half full.

Nah it's half empty. You can see it, it's clear as day.

You don't know what you're talking about pal. I've seen it when it's full and I tell you, right now it's half full. Stop looking at that other glass that looks like it's full.

Listen champ, I don't know what your problem is, actually I do...if you can't open your eyes and see that the glass is half empty there's something wrong with you. Now that other glass is so full it's overflowing and our glass is half empty ! We will never get to drink again !

Wtf you champed me ?!? Look (holds up the glass sloshing it around and clearly indicating) the glass is half full !

LOOK CHAMP ! I HAVE BEEN WATCHING (MAINLY RICHMOND GAMES) FOR MORE THAN (insert number of years) CHAMP AND I CAN TELL YOU I'VE SEEN THE GLASS HALF EMPTY PLENTY OF TIMES AND THIS GLASS IS HALF EMPTY ! HOW MUCH MORE FU¢£ING OBVIOUS COULD IT BE !! CHAMP !

Pal that glass is half full and nothing you can say will make me ever think it's half empty. Have you forgotten already how it looked really full just before with those three big ice cubes in it ?

Champ those ice cubes have melted. So now the glass is half empty, again. There won't be enough for us to drink ! My throat already feels dry ! I don't want to be thirsty again like last time.

Pal, we are going to the market to get more to drink, relax ffs and remember how good it tastes !

Champ we need to fill that glass back up fast ! I know exactly what it needs...look, here's a far container with all sorts of drinks in it that the others left on the shelf. They might be ok. Let's grab some of those now and drink it up !!

Geez pal, patience ! That stuff has too much sugar. Why do you think they don't want it ? The glass is much fuller than you think and hey, we're going to go to the factory a few times, going to take our time, pick and choose exactly the kind of liquid gold we need to make sure we don't go thirsty again for a long, long time.

Lols we are a bunch of campaigners.

Last edited:
The glass is half full.

No it isn't, it's half empty.

Lol no mate it's still half full.

Nah it's half empty. You can see it, it's clear as day.

You don't know what you're talking about pal. I've seen it when it's full and I tell you, right now it's half full. That other glass, it's the one that's half empty.

Listen champ, I don't know what your problem is, actually I do...if you can't open your eyes and see that the glass is half empty there's something wrong with you.

Wtf you champed me ?!? Look (holds up the glass sloshing it around and clearly indicating) the glass is half full !

I HAVE BEEN WATCHING MAINLY RICHMOND GAMES FOR MORE THAN (insert no of years) CHAMP AND I CAN TELL YOU I'VE SEEN THE GLASS HALF EMPTY PLENTY OF TIMES AND THIS GLASS IS HALF EMPTY ! HOW MUCH MORE FU¢£ING OBVIOUS COULD IT BE !! CHAMP !

Pal that glass is half full and nothing you can say will make me ever think it's half empty. It looked really full actually with those three big ice cubes in it.

Champ those ice cubes have melted. So now the glass is half empty, again. There won't be enough for us to drink ! My throat already feels dry ! I don't want to be thirsty again like last time.

Pal, we are going to the market to get more to drink, relax ffs and remember how good it tastes !

Champ we need to fill that glass back up fast ! I know exactly what it needs... there's a container over there with all sorts of drinks in it that the others left behind. Let's grab some of those now and drink it up !!

Geez pal, patience ! That half glass is fuller than you think and hey, we're going to the factory a few times, going to take our time, pick and choose exactly the kind of liquid gold we need to make sure we don't go thirsty again for a long, long time.
Wtf did I just read bro?

That literally hurt my stoned brain

Sometimes the right things in life are not joyful.
Sometimes things are better than they seem. Reckon this year is a bit 2016 when every man and their dog was writing us off.

I trust the club to make the right decisions during trade week and the draft.

Not athletic enough for the AFL, which is the reason he slid to 36 in the draft and that no clubs have shown interest in him.

spud

when stkilda dont want you ................
North didn't want Ben Brown and he is now a premiership winner.

Just because a poor side doesn't want a player doesn't make the player no good.

A lot here have suggested that Geelong are about to plunge off a cliff because of the amount of over 30 year old players they have and yet don't believe that we're about to do the same. FWIW our over 30s in 2022:

Edwards
Riewoldt
Cotchin
Martin
Grimes
Lambert
Pickett
Tarrant

Add to that how bad our midfield looked last year both before and after it was hit by injury and now the lack of depth in our KPF stocks with Chol and CCJ going and the evidence is starting to suggest that not all is good at Punt Road for 2022.

Has there been a trade yet of a player that hasnt requested one and just ends up at another club ?

Can only think of the Grigg trade for us and Carlton
I seem to recall Woewodin wins a brownlow gets traded and had no idea it was happening , was going in for minor surgery gets a phone , claimed no prior knowledge
Josh Caddy to us , seem to recall him saying just being up for trade was a complete shock to him
It’s far from common thou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back