List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the right price i'd take Mitchell.
But i don't think the Hawks would like our price.
Mitchell automagically turns us into a genuine contender again next year.
Yes with no injuries and playing at home we might contend again anyway but add a player like Mitchell and we definitely contend again.
like you said though, not sure hawks would let him go for what we offer and can we fit him into the cap anyway?
no reason why we can’t get an established player and use four picks at the draft. Cap space is the only obstacle,

Yep the new rules are basically devolving footy into a basketball/netball hybrid shootout. One team has the ball, they score ! Next team gets the ball, they score ! You can see what they're trying to do.
Exactly, its like they just want the ball to transition from defence to attack like basketball. Honestly ******* hate it!!

Yes with no injuries and playing at home we might contend again anyway but add a player like Mitchell and we definitely contend again.
like you said though, not sure hawks would let him go for what we offer and can we fit him into the cap anyway?
no reason why we can’t get an established player and use four picks at the draft. Cap space is the only obstacle,
Well done, tug. You've summed up in four lines what I've spent 48 posts trying to point out.

Well done, tug. You've summed up in four lines what I've spent 48 posts trying to point out.
There is a first for everything.
automagically not done on purpose but I like it anyway

Gee... I was pretty disappointed with how we went this year, but arts and castagna need more support from us. They seem to be the scapegoats of our season.. most games I watched I found myself questioning the use of the ball going inside 50, hampering their effectiveness.
I thought aarts was good off the halfback, when he broke into the team. And Rioli was good when moved there. I think we underrate how much harder it is to be a small forward in our team.

I’m just not sure if we need to chase a replacement just yet... fixing our midfield ball winning and use will help our forwards to be end..
Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Exactly, its like they just want the ball to transition from defence to attack like basketball. Honestly ******* hate it!!
They don't want the ball touching the ground where the players might get their "jerseys" dirty or get their knees dirty or a "scrubby ugly looking pack" might develop. Lots of shots at goal = lots of goals = lots of ad $. The way Melb played the last 40mins of the gf is Gil and Shocking's nirvana game while we the fans "$tand !" - our mouths agog.

I just don't think Mitchell puts us back into genuine contention, simple as that
That’s fair enough.
I was playing around.
you know I love you.

Nah, thats fair enough,

I think De Goey, or Macrae next year via free agency are better options among others and I am banking on JR and Tarrant keeping it going.

Even Macrae showed his age I think in the GF so maybe he is a miss
Macrae won’t leave the dogs.
de goey is an interesting one. Would like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell gives us something that we don't have and will immediately improve our midfield. Could win the Brownlow at the Tigers. Saying that it will slow the development of what we have is irrelevant. Does this mean that we don't pick a Ward/Hobbs as it may slow the development of Martyn or Dow? Hell no you put your best team out and if the kids are good enough they will play anyway.

I don’t get why some of you are so against trading for Mitchell/JOM. You’re too busy trying to beat the system and stay up forever without realising it’s just better to exploit the s**t out of AFL equalisation system. The best way up is to go all the way down.

Apart from the cats every premiership team since 2007 has multiple top 5 picks who form the nucleus of their side. And the cats got gifted one of the best players in history and one of the best full backs in history via F/S and they nailed a few crucial top 10s like Bartel and Selwood. On top of that you need to nail a few other first and 2nd rounders in the space of 3-4 drafts and then wait a 7-10 years.

And even then you can miss like the Saints (2009/10) or completely fail like Carlton every year. So when the chance at a premiership comes throw everything at it, because even if you miss it there’s always another draft, there isn’t always another chance at the premiership. Plus winning 4 separates this team from other dynasties.

I remember at the time i thought it was not a bad deal apart from SoS bing a F witt and trying to be the hero
We never heard a thing here and i am member of 3 internet forum's like BF / PRE / OET etc and nothing was ever posted or mentioned in any Yarran threads about any issue's with drugs but only he needed a change

Pretty sure I recall it from PRE days - was very anti the trade because of what was being proffered

Cats also gifted Fatty Porkins at 42. Today's rules they would have had to match with pick 7 and miss out on Duckwood.

was gonna include him but didn’t feel he was a major factor in their premierships (although he had a good 11 finals series), but didn’t think about how it could have been him or Selwood.

I'm inclined to agree - I would just be surprised if we can afford him in the cap.

I don’t get why some of you are so against trading for Mitchell/JOM. You’re too busy trying to beat the system and stay up forever without realising it’s just better to exploit the sh*t out of AFL equalisation system. The best way up is to go all the way down.

Apart from the cats every premiership team since 2007 has multiple top 5 picks who form the nucleus of their side. And the cats got gifted one of the best players in history and one of the best full backs in history via F/S and they nailed a few crucial top 10s like Bartel and Selwood. On top of that you need to nail a few other first and 2nd rounders in the space of 3-4 drafts and then wait a 7-10 years.

And even then you can miss like the Saints (2009/10) or completely fail like Carlton every year. So when the chance at a premiership comes throw everything at it, because even if you miss it there’s always another draft, there isn’t always another chance at the premiership. Plus winning 4 separates this team from other dynasties.
Fair points all around. Can't really argue with this.

I just don't think Mitchell puts us back into genuine contention, simple as that.

WE will make finals but Melbourne will need injuries and other issues for them to be beaten

Phew, that makes me feel better about how strongly I feel that Mitchell would be good get and help us contend ;)

Could make a pretty sound case it didn’t do the hawks chances much good with Mitchell and o meara arriving moments after winning the three peat
Exactly, Hawthorn brought in O'Meara & Mitchell in 2016 a year after their 3 peat thinking it would get them back in the mix, and after a brief burst of life have steadily gone backwards ever since. Yet somehow he is going to be the difference is between us winning and not winning a flag.

was gonna include him but didn’t feel he was a major factor in their premierships (although he had a good 11 finals series), but didn’t think about how it could have been him or Selwood.
He was important in 11 - very good in the gf - and played at least an important structural role and kicked the goal that hit the post in the 09 gf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back