List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleary just said on the afl trade show we may be able to throw a last ditch effort to keep CCJ with Chol going and extra cap room.

Tiges1229

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
dwaynes an idiot. It doesn't open the game up. All these crappy stupid rules that they keep bringing in is what has helped slow the game down. Go back to basic 90s early 2000s rules and watch the game open up.

Dwayne is just an AFL media lackey he always goes with whatever AFL say and do , just another A hole brown nose sniffing gimp 😂

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
dwaynes an idiot. It doesn't open the game up. All these crappy stupid rules that they keep bringing in is what has helped slow the game down. Go back to basic 90s early 2000s rules and watch the game open up.
Yeah he’s talking sh!t today. Nobody I know likes the stand rule he’s making things up

So every player leaving for better opportunity is a campaigner?

Righto mate.
No did I call butler/Conca/Ellis/miles/Lloyd campaigners no

Higgins was wanted was played basically every time he was fit if you can’t see how they’ve both gone about it is wrong I can’t help you

He’s not an idiot he just knows which side his bread is buttered.

Grant Thomas should have his own show now he’s a squillionaire. Would love hearing him throwing shade at the AFL

tony__montana

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
[/QUOTE]
Yeah he’s talking sh!t today. Nobody I know likes the stand rule he’s making things up
Yep, the only ones that seem to like it are the vocal minority which is the channel 7 and fox footy lineup. It’s a ******* s**t rule which has seen a new old style comeback into vogue called flooding or folding back. You know the very thing that triggered all these annual BS rule changes

MilduraJim

Cancelled
Jun 14, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
No did I call butler/Conca/Ellis/miles/Lloyd campaigners no

Higgins was wanted was played basically every time he was fit if you can’t see how they’ve both gone about it is wrong I can’t help you

Higgins maybe have been a good player, but he wasn't always a "Richmond" man. I don't think that many at the club cried when he left. Admired for his fightback from serious illness, but he didn't always carry himself well from what I was told.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

Yep, the only ones that seem to like it are the vocal minority which is the channel 7 and fox footy lineup. It’s a ******* sh*t rule which has seen a new old style comeback into vogue called flooding or folding back. You know the very thing that triggered all these annual BS rule changes
[/QUOTE]
One ch7 commentator that hates it is Richo. He bags it mercilessly

Antzzz

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Nothing yet
Dwayne just sticking up for his mate Steve Hockings stand rule
Heard that … Dwayne has always been a knob … this just confirms it forever … the stand rule is the biggest joke in sport … but Dwayne thinks it’s a great rule …. Sometimes it’s best to keep ya mouth shut and let people think you’re an idiot than open it and confirm it

Higgins maybe have been a good player, but he wasn't always a "Richmond" man. I don't think that many at the club cried when he left. Admired for his fightback from serious illness, but he didn't always carry himself well from what I was told.

I was told he’s an annoying campaigner and can’t kick for goal. So when he said when he wanted to go to the saints Balmey drove him down to Moorabbin himself.

MilduraJim

Cancelled
Jun 14, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
I was told he’s an annoying campaigner and can’t kick for goal. So when he said when he wanted to go to the saints Balmey drove him down to Moorabbin himself.

I heard something similar. I don't think he endeared himself around the time of the 2019 GF celebrations.

Barnard

All Australian
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Is Higgins really even that good? I’m not sure he has any real upside, he’s an ok player as he is now but I think he’s already reached his ceiling.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think it was his goal kicking routine
I once made it to the fridge got a beer and sat down whilst he was running through and still saw the kick for goal….true story

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Club has really got itself into a list management clusterfu** atm
We're in this position because these guys haven't been gifted regular games in a dynasty side.

Win 3 flags and become one of the great sides or keep a couple of fringeys happy and pump games into them.....not really a hard choice is it. There are always casualties after a period of success.

We'll be right.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
I once made it to the fridge got a beer and sat down whilst he was running through and still saw the kick for goal….true story
I once wrote a novel between Brown being rewarded for diving and him kicking the ball.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Hi, I come in peace!

I am not all in on the CCJ move as reported particularly for 5 years , I think it’s a risk.

I am just really interested what you think is an appropriate deal (please don’t say pick 1 I think we all know that’s not happening, but I also don’t think “walking him to the psd” will happen either).

from the little I’ve read here I would think opinion is mixed on him. Sure he’s behind Lynch and Jack but of the sample size I’ve seen he probably projects to a 2nd tall ceiling (best case scenario).

Personally I’m not keen to lose pick 20, not that he’s not worth that, I just think we should not pursue the deal if that’s the price. We could draft a VanRooyen, Williams type in that range and it won’t cost $2m over 5?years.

Where do you guys see yourselves, hard to get a read on your end of season due to injuries? Would a package of picks be preferable or players thrown in. I did see someone say TT , now that is unlikely.

but let’s say both parties shelve the machismo and figure out what seems like a deal we all would be content with.

Was he behind Chol in the pecking order or was that more team fit?
Future 2nd I think. We don't really need picks this year imo and you don't really want to give them away I'd imagine.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
If CCJ wants North they would be in dereliction of their duty if they didn’t at least leverage their pole position in the Pre-season draft. So we are not getting their second pick, 20. Our only hope of that would be CCJ insists upon it. But if I were him I wouldn’t do that, you are going to a club wanting them to succeed.

If I was North I would just say we are not here to play Mr Nice Guy, we are bottom of the ladder and we are rebuilding and want to use everything at our disposal. Why would you do otherwise? I wouldn’t want Richmond to do that in their situation.

Richmond makes Coleman-Jones a strong offer for him to stay or we are likely to lose him for bugger all, that is how I read this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back