Status
Not open for further replies.

We could lose all of our key forward and key back depth this trade period

Chol
CJ
Miller
Garthwaite

I’d hate to keep Miller and Garthwaite for the sake of having depth
I highly doubt we lose Miller. I'd be disappointed if we kept Garth on. I think it's time to move on from him unfortunately

Story just posted on the HS...

Richmond ruck forward Callum Coleman-Jones will play for North Melbourne next year in a coup for a Kangaroos side that can cater for his desire to play in the ruck.
The Herald Sun understands Coleman-Jones will nominate the Roos as his new home, with the club happy to play him and Todd Goldstein as a ruck tandem.

Goldstein is an accomplished ruckman and has thrived on the workload of playing sole ruck but is equally adept at pushing forward to play as a marking forward.

Richmond could not promise Coleman-Jones ruck time with Ivan Soldo is returning from an ACL tear to play alongside Toby Nankervis.

The Suns have given up hope of luring the key position forward north and all that is left is for Coleman-Jones to officially ask the Tigers for a trade.

It means the Tigers will lose both Coleman-Jones and Mabior Chol, who is set to join Gold Coast as a free agent on a three-year deal with a trigger for a fourth.

The Tigers will have to strike a deal with North Melbourne on Coleman-Jones. The Kangaroos be unwilling to give up their second-round selection at pick 20 given Coleman-Jones only played eight games this year.

The 22-year-old was a pick 20 in the 2017 national draft.

What you hearing mate trade news ? Narkle etc other names.

Talia is very much on our radar. KPD stocks are relatively thin. Astbury a big loss. Money thrown at Talia is not too great. Hearing 400k ish with incentives based in injury.

Narkle is leaning more towards West Coast now. The lure or returning home and avoiding lockdowns etc has hime wanting WA over Vic.

Dunstan no longer an option. Essendon, Sydney and Carlton looking more likely destinations.

We could lose all of our key forward and key back depth this trade period

Chol
CJ
Miller
Garthwaite

I’d hate to keep Miller and Garthwaite for the sake of having depth

Lol. Miller will not be going anywhere. Club rate him highly and he looked good in his debut game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Norf aren't budging on Pick 20, what about their future 2nd and their Pick 38 this year? Might give us some more flexibility with our draft hand to package some to move up, or trade some into next years draft?

Story just posted on the HS...

Richmond ruck forward Callum Coleman-Jones will play for North Melbourne next year in a coup for a Kangaroos side that can cater for his desire to play in the ruck.
The Herald Sun understands Coleman-Jones will nominate the Roos as his new home, with the club happy to play him and Todd Goldstein as a ruck tandem.

Goldstein is an accomplished ruckman and has thrived on the workload of playing sole ruck but is equally adept at pushing forward to play as a marking forward.

Richmond could not promise Coleman-Jones ruck time with Ivan Soldo is returning from an ACL tear to play alongside Toby Nankervis.

The Suns have given up hope of luring the key position forward north and all that is left is for Coleman-Jones to officially ask the Tigers for a trade.

It means the Tigers will lose both Coleman-Jones and Mabior Chol, who is set to join Gold Coast as a free agent on a three-year deal with a trigger for a fourth.

The Tigers will have to strike a deal with North Melbourne on Coleman-Jones. The Kangaroos be unwilling to give up their second-round selection at pick 20 given Coleman-Jones only played eight games this year.

The 22-year-old was a pick 20 in the 2017 national draft.

I have a problem with the bold above^

Why are we the ones that need to strike a deal? They should be striking the deal with us!?
Also, he is worth every bit of pick 20 OR equivalent.

Losing CCJ would do some harm to our future, losing chol wont

Club has really got itself into a list management clusterfu** atm
The club is a victim of it's own success, it's not mis-management as your post insinuates. When you're at the top for an extended period, with the same core bringing you success, blokes who are good enough to get a game at another club will start looking for that regular game. They are footy players at the end of the day, and just want to play. You can't blame them for that, just like you can't blame the club for continually playing it's best team.

I have a problem with the bold above^

Why are we the ones that need to strike a deal? They should be striking the deal with us!?
Also, he is worth every bit of pick 20 OR equivalent.
If he want to leave and we don't broker a deal, he walks to the PSD and we get nothing. I bet GC wish they traded Jack Martin when they had an offer.

Surely we can wrangle a 2022 2nd from North. If we gain any compo from Chol leaving (3rd??), combine a few picks and try grab the pies future 2nd also.

Norf, they have pick 20
why would we assume we wouldn't get that!!
They offer a 21 year old a 4 year deal thats played 9 games, He is Special!!!
Read this board

Exactly. Not worth pick 20 because he only played 8 games this year, but those 8 games see North offering a 4 year deal...

Surely we can wrangle a 2022 2nd from North. If we gain any compo from Chol leaving (3rd??), combine a few picks and try grab the pies future 2nd also.

May not get Compo for Chol as we may be bringing Talia in as a FA.

Talia is very much on our radar. KPD stocks are relatively thin. Astbury a big loss. Money thrown at Talia is not too great. Hearing 400k ish with incentives based in injury.

Narkle is leaning more towards West Coast now. The lure or returning home and avoiding lockdowns etc has hime wanting WA over Vic.

Dunstan no longer an option. Essendon, Sydney and Carlton looking more likely destinations.

400K sounds a bit much for Talia who was delisted. 300K maybe I would have thought not that I am an expert.

What you could save on Talia you could throw on a far better younger player next year. I think RFC should be quite astute with this

CCJ was the one tall we could not afford to lose.

Chol? Spud. Miller looks a spud. Garthwaite is a spud.

CCJ has huge potential, is an elite contested mark with great size. Huge fail by the club. I'm sure they tried but obviously not hard enough. Young key stocks looks like a disaster. What is the plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back