List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a very disappointing trade period if those trades were to occur and would all but certainly mean we would be using the draft for KPP’s and that we are 4-5 years off competing again . Would also mean incumbent KPF’s would get limited exposure alongside Jack which CCJ has had plenty .

For mine it’s somewhat of a catch-22. I don’t mind CCJ, but I question his future fit alongside Lynch as a 80-20% forward as do many others. He’s more agile than he looks, but is he agile enough?

That said, I would back in our coaching group to find a way to make it work should CCJ chose to stay.

That said, you are right (as are others) that if we were to lose CCJ and Chol it would severely shorten our depth for KPF’s. I don’t necessarily share the view that it stops us from competing for another premiership in 2022 and beyond, but nonetheless, it would become a weakness and make it somewhat harder. For me, we should be trying to add a KPF in this draft regardless, and CCJ/ Chol are more ‘placeholders’ for a few seasons.

I would suggest if CCJ were to nominate for a trade (and it seems to be heading that way), I suspect that it would mean that we’d have more flexibility to retain Chol.

If we lose both CCJ and Chol, I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing if someone like Jarrod Brander would be able to plug a hole (we were interested in him in his draft year) as a more mobile forward.

If we were able to wrangle out a top 3 pick (involving 7 + CCJ) for a Finn Callahan type, draft a KPP with our second pick (I’m not adverse to Mac Andrew), and keep Chol for say two years (or get a stopgap with upside like a Brander or a Weiderman [one may argue Weiderman has no upside]) I think that is some good work to keep the premiership window open and continue to build for life after Cotch & Co.

Oct 14, 2012
Goldfingers
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Anything involving CROATIA & M.City
If CJ goes to GC unfortunately it may be for a player rather than picks. It's been mentioned a few times they have too many on the list as it is.

We either get another club involved that needs a player or we pick the best of the crop who is out of contract next season.

Pipe dream but I would love Lukosius as that's our defence complete. Balta and Lukosius would be the best defence going around.

Other players would be Rankine, Holands, Anderson, Rowell

We will need to add something else for some of those players.

Note: I got no idea on player contract status

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Wow, Caro putting the hard word on CCJ to stay a tiger
Says he owes us for sticking with him
And he'll do the right thing by the RFC by involving the Sun's earlier pick(in some shape or form) if not will not go..

French Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2004
Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa ,Goldern State
The closer we get to the trade period the more I want to bring in no one (except maybe an Astbury replacement). Bringing in Wallis cancels out anything we ‘might’ get for Chol. If our team has no injuries does Narkle even get a game? Would rather get games into our younger mids.

Just go to the draft.

If we have no injuries, that’s a big if , can’t hurt to have some depth , especially if it only costs a a 3rd rounder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take a punt on the Suns player being Sam Flanders. Shown a bit this year. A little on the outer though. Only been in system 2 years.

Although scratch that. Looks like he resigned for 2 years this year.

Noah Anderson is pure pie in the sky stuff. Zero chance of that happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Firorini is the one I would be asking the question of Gold Coast
Been in and out of the side but at his best he’s an absolute gun
24 years old so good age for us as well
Not one of the gold coasts untouchable kids either

From Melbourne as well
CCJ alone might not get it done but if we throw in another later pick I think it would be a decent trade for us

Last edited:
If chol and ccj are leaving I don’t know who's playing alongside lynch in 2 year's time. That's called kicking the can down the road even if we draft the best key forward this draft.

Which mystifies me why we throw a paltry 2 year deal his way. About chol, he will never make it as a key forward. At best he's a weird forward pocket ruck hybrid. He might get a regular game somewhere else.

I'm all for drafting a key forward this year but it leaves us exposed badly in 2 years.

Was highly rated wasnt he ?

Top 10-15 pick. Drafted as a half forward flanker although has midfield potential and showed a bit in there this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tiger_tough is spot on, you can't call Pick 7 to Pick 3 a "small pick upgrade"
At worst, if you push back all the picks 2 spots then it rates CCJ as Pick 14

NO he's not. When you start using the point system in a trade where points are not needed, then it is irrelevant.

tony__montana

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Got to laugh at these posters rating Cerra so high. Instead of pure stats and SuperCoach try actually watching some games and see the impact a player has. Cerra is very vanilla, funnily enough the only real quality game I’ve seen him play was against us, all other games have been very meh. But yeah we won’t get any better with pick 7 or he’s the equivalent of Prestia 😂

Got to laugh at these posters rating Cerra so high. Instead of pure stats and SuperCoach try actually watching some games and see the impact a player has. Cerra is very vanilla, funnily enough the only real quality game I’ve seen him play was against us, all other games have been very meh. But yeah we won’t get any better with pick 7 or he’s the equivalent of Prestia 😂

No one said we wont get any better with pick 7 or he's Prestia's equivalent..

Nice rant though.

Here friend, have some attention for your trouble :)

Oct 14, 2012
Goldfingers
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Anything involving CROATIA & M.City
If chol and ccj are leaving I don’t know who's playing alongside lynch in 2 year's time. That's called kicking the can down the road even if we draft the best key forward this draft.

Which mystifies me why we throw a paltry 2 year deal his way. About chol, he will never make it as a key forward. At best he's a weird forward pocket ruck hybrid. He might get a regular game somewhere else.

I'm all for drafting a key forward this year but it leaves us exposed badly in 2 years.
I wouldn't stress. That's what free agency is for who knows who RFC is already talking to for season 2023. I also wouldn't rule out Jack for another 1 year contract after the next.

He did after all just come 3rd in the Coleman. If that was CJ we would all be circle jerking over it but because Jack is over 30 most want to throw him on the heap.

CCJ isn’t getting us one of the GC guns. It’ll be a fringe player
We'd be better off trying to get a 2nd rounder. 2nd rounders have turned into good things before and would be on low pay when they're drafted, unlike a GC fringe player. It means that the cap hit would be way less and would mean we'd be able to extend some contracts for our important players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back