List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you even understand how it works? You never offer your best offer first.

It’s like a bunch of you on here have never been outside of your house and in the real world. Lockdown must be taking its toll on you Victorians

Even as a starting point which we all know they will have to increase, it is insulting.

The starting offer does give an indication of how serious they are in giving over something worthwhile.

Nah I semi agree. I haven’t really seen anything to bad what sort of things are you referring to just so I know
Thank you for asking.
just off topic stuff that has no bearing on the thread being discussed.

The AFL 100% need to put a rule in that a player can't qualify for the PSD if the average yearly salary is over $300k. The fact that clubs can use the PSD as a threat is a joke. They should be forced to use an actual draft pick in the National Draft.
It’s a desperate and undignified act , they should read the all blacks handbook , there’s nothing in to about cornholing your rival. If they had any decency they’d offer 20 and get it done quick to give us enough time to to parcel some up for further deals

The AFL 100% need to put a rule in that a player can't qualify for the PSD if the average yearly salary is over $300k. The fact that clubs can use the PSD as a threat is a joke. They should be forced to use an actual draft pick in the National Draft.
This is where they need to introduce that the club has the ability to trade a player to any club until they become a free agent, minimum 2 year deal.
We have offered a deal, he turned it down. Perhaps in this situation they can put a price on their head that the club they get traded to must meet. If no trade can be done then they can go to the PSD, with that same price.
If they don’t get picked up in the PSD they either have to stick with the original club or wait till mid season next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but are you forgetting these clubs deal with each other every …single…year. So I’d suggest it’s not good business to deliberately screw over a club and jeopardise future trading relationships.

Norf will buckle under the fear of CJ remaining at Richmond, or CJ will buckle under the fear of being labelled an ungrateful tool when Richmond retained him after kebab gate.

CJ’s manager also has to deal with Richmond in the future, so a low ball offer will not be all that remains on the table….

I’m not saying it will be pick-20, but it also won’t remain as just pick-38 and nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I've said elsewhere that the deal I can live with is 38 + Tarrant for CCJ.

I understand everything you said. I just don't agree that clubs trade 'in good faith so they can remain chummy' as such. All clubs want the best deal for themselves, all agents want the best deal for their players/selves, the rest is business. And we hardly ever deal with other clubs. We are unlikely to trade with more than 2-3 clubs/year on average.

Even if they burn us, RFC will trade with North again with a view to benefit our club as much as we reasonably can.

CCJ wants games and security. His long term future is his priority. I'd very much like it if he was open minded about staying but the indications so far are that he is not, and there's no formal interest from another club (which would give Richmond better leverage).

Evening All, I come in peace. Just a hypothetical given the Tigs current picks - and a bit of interest if the dogs might do a deal.

Rich: 17
Dogs: 26 & 28

Rich: 8
Fre: 15 & 17
If Freo land 6 for Cerra, they could look to use one of 15/17 to land Clark

Rich: 9
St K: Tigs 2022 / possibly a sweetner (47?)
You’d reckon they’d be deep into Ben King coming out of contract so strengthening their position in next years draft would help them there.

Would give Richmond a crack at 3 first rounders and leave 38 for Tarrant?

All the best, hope you guys get some fair outcomes 👍

This is actually a very good idea. Set a price and roll the dice in the draft like everyone else. Another idea would be that the PSD is a lottery system. Only players who weren't drafted can go in it.

Reckon that could be done with 15 and 17 rather than 7 and 17.
Adelaide get to keep pick 15 and they get their man Dawson with pick 17. 15 and 17 are worth 2137 points. Pick 4 by itself is worth 2034.

4 7 26 28 39. Again the question has to be asked will there be a player at pick 4 which has will become pick 6 after Darcy, Daicos bids worth losing two 1st rounders for.

Yep sliding doors. the point here is Sydney identified a once in a generation type player and were prepared to offer two first rounders to get him.

If we are looking to get say pick 4 from adelaide s it worth doing? is there a player that would be there that stands out that much? .

Even if we got adelaides pick 4 which would become pick 6 i dont think there is a player there worth trading out of a first rounder for.
Dunno maybe i am wrong like most im as much in the dark on most of the kids as the next bloke.

I'm in the dark myself but honestly I don't think so.

Top 4 are a class above the rest, then I hear it's a blanket over much of 5-30

Evening All, I come in peace. Just a hypothetical given the Tigs current picks - and a bit of interest if the dogs might do a deal.

Rich: 17
Dogs: 26 & 28

Rich: 8
Fre: 15 & 17
If Freo land 6 for Cerra, they could look to use one of 15/17 to land Clark

Rich: 9
St K: Tigs 2022 / possibly a sweetner (47?)
You’d reckon they’d be deep into Ben King coming out of contract so strengthening their position in next years draft would help them there.

Would give Richmond a crack at 3 first rounders and leave 38 for Tarrant?

All the best, hope you guys get some fair outcomes 👍
Gday

I'd rather we sent lower picks to you for 17. We have 38, 41, 47 so far. Possibly 39 coming our way for CCJ. More points for you, we keep our 2nds.

As for Freo, honestly they should dead set walk away if Cats want more for Clark. 27 they should take it and run. Crazy to offer a 1st for him IMO.

As for the saint's pick...yes I'd do that because it seems the club is backing themselves to rebound next year. Not sure the saints would go for it myself but yes I would.

Peace

GWS are very keen on Mac Andrew, who is likely to be available at Richmond’s pick-7, but won’t still be there at GWS’s pick-13. So their pick-2 is up for grabs, as GWS don’t need or want more midfielders.

So I can definitely see us packaging up 28, 38 & 42 (or a similar combo) to get Dogs pick-17. Then offer GWS 7 & 17 for pick-2 so we get Hobbs or Callaghan. GWS still get Mac Andrew at pick-7 and collect an extra first round pick in the process.

So we go to the draft with 2, 15, 26, 40 & 47.

If GWS are confident Mac Andrew gets to 7 they’ll do that deal and so should we, as nothing changes except we get Hobbs or Callaghan instead of Ward, and we get the same player as we would have at pick-15. We just don’t have the pick-17 but we may well get who we would have chosen at pick-26 anyway.

Get it done Tigers !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Let them have ccj in the psd and target norf out of contract players until they fold imho

I sort of feel like we tried this with Pies a few decades ago and it didn't go so well....

I think we head in to mediation, tie them up.... all the while we up our offer to CJ, keep him (trade him out in future years if we want) and Norf look ridiculous. Just a matter of principle. He's not the second coming of anyone but he's not a dud....

Can anyone explain how we have a good go at the draft this year despite being at the top.

I didnt think we got much for Higgins and Butler. Are they picks from these trades?

I sort of feel like we tried this with Pies a few decades ago and it didn't go so well....

I think we head in to mediation, tie them up.... all the while we up our offer to CJ, keep him (trade him out in future years if we want) and Norf look ridiculous. Just a matter of principle. He's not the second coming of anyone but he's not a dud....

discussion with a mate today - if he was available as is in the draft he wouldn't go by pick 15 surely ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back