List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were struggling again next year and unlikely to challenge and needed to rebuild to some extent then the Tarrant trade would feel like a bust.

We finished 12th. Higgins was future 2nd rounder, was also Markov pick.

Thanks mate. Means that we CAN win the Higgins trade. Always felt like we gave away a good player for nothing but nice to know.

Good to know that Markov got us something that might be able to snare someone. He wouldnt have to be that good to win that one.

Evening All, I come in peace. Just a hypothetical given the Tigs current picks - and a bit of interest if the dogs might do a deal.

Rich: 17
Dogs: 26 & 28

Rich: 8
Fre: 15 & 17
If Freo land 6 for Cerra, they could look to use one of 15/17 to land Clark

Rich: 9
St K: Tigs 2022 / possibly a sweetner (47?)
You’d reckon they’d be deep into Ben King coming out of contract so strengthening their position in next years draft would help them there.

Would give Richmond a crack at 3 first rounders and leave 38 for Tarrant?

All the best, hope you guys get some fair outcomes 👍
Wow thanks for coming

discussion with a mate today - if he was available as is in the draft he wouldn't go by pick 15 surely ....

CJ isn't worth pick 20 but he isn't as low as 40. He should be late 20s imho.... so CJ plus 28 or 26 for pick 20 and Tarrant is fair, maybe a later pick like 70 something as a sweetener. North get CJ and move backwards only 6 or 8 places in the draft. We get Tarrant and a slight upgrade on our 2nd rounder.

You know we don’t have to trade for Tarrant right? Bringing him in as a UFA won’t effect 38 if we’ve already traded it to the Dogs in a deal for 17.

Ie.

Step 1. Trade 38+whatever else for 17
Step 2. Bring in Tarrant as a unrestricted free agent
Step 3. Laugh because they can’t tax a pick we don’t have

GWS are very keen on Mac Andrew, who is likely to be available at Richmond’s pick-7, but won’t still be there at GWS’s pick-13. So their pick-2 is up for grabs, as GWS don’t need or want more midfielders.

So I can definitely see us packaging up 28, 38 & 42 (or a similar combo) to get Dogs pick-17. Then offer GWS 7 & 17 for pick-2 so we get Hobbs or Callaghan. GWS still get Mac Andrew at pick-7 and collect an extra first round pick in the process.

So we go to the draft with 2, 15, 26, 40 & 47.

If GWS are confident Mac Andrew gets to 7 they’ll do that deal and so should we, as nothing changes except we get Hobbs or Callaghan instead of Ward, and we get the same player as we would have at pick-15. We just don’t have the pick-17 but we may well get who we would have chosen at pick-26 anyway.

Get it done Tigers !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

According to Tom Morris, GWS' pick 2 and GCS' pick 3 are off the table. GWS don't want to trade it, GCS ideally would want players not more picks and now want to keep pick 3.

According to Tom Morris, GWS' pick 2 and GCS' pick 3 are off the table. GWS don't want to trade it, GCS ideally would want players not more picks and now want to keep pick 3.

I hadn’t heard that … but oh well. Will be interesting to see if GWS get Hobbs or Callaghan given they’ve got a stacked midfield with Taranto, Hopper, Kelly, Ward, Green & Coniglio. If they do let’s hope it’s a sign they expect to lose Green in 2023 ….. I can’t see them being able to offload Coniglio and Ward has 2-3 seasons left.

I hadn’t heard that … but oh well. Will be interesting to see if GWS get Hobbs or Callaghan given they’ve got a stacked midfield with Taranto, Hopper, Kelly, Ward, Green & Coniglio. If they do let’s hope it’s a sign they expect to lose Green in 2023 ….. I can’t see them being able to offload Coniglio and Ward has 2-3 seasons left.

I actually can't find what I said anywhere, maybe I imagined it, but pretty sure it is in this massive thread anyways. GWS could be playing the media, reckon a trade like that only occurs on draft night, especially if they wanted Mac Andrew to fall through to 7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Will Brodie to Freo for peanuts. Was touted as number 1 pick and like Dunkley and Oliver played with our ressies through our Murray Bushrangers affiliation. He's on $500 a year. Could be spread out to $750 over 3 years. I honestly don't think RCD, Dow, or Martyn will set the world on fire. I guess in a couple more years maybe posters will stop saying when RCD gets a tank.... I mean he is a professional footballer perhaps he could've gone for a few jogs last couple years he could've already had one. Will Brodie's just like Izac Rankine they're paid well at a sh!t team they don't want to be at they haven't lost their natural ability. They need blokes like Dusty and Cotch to show them what's required. The position we're in now I bet 90% of us would give up Geelong's 1st rounder for 2m Peter. He was same boat as Brodie last year.

Looks like Will Brodie to Freo for peanuts. Was touted as number 1 pick and like Dunkley and Oliver played with our ressies through our Murray Bushrangers affiliation. He's on $500 a year. Could be spread out to $750 over 3 years. I honestly don't think RCD, Dow, or Martyn will set the world on fire. I guess in a couple more years maybe posters will stop saying when RCD gets a tank.... I mean he is a professional footballer perhaps he could've gone for a few jogs last couple years he could've already had one. Will Brodie's just like Izac Rankine they're paid well at a sh!t team they don't want to be at they haven't lost their natural ability. They need blokes like Dusty and Cotch to show them what's required. The position we're in now I bet 90% of us would give up Geelong's 1st rounder for 2m Peter. He was same boat as Brodie last year.

Exactly the reason that club will always be shite. Young players get handed easy money and never have to work for it.

I actually can't find what I said anywhere, maybe I imagined it, but pretty sure it is in this massive thread anyways. GWS could be playing the media, reckon a trade like that only occurs on draft night, especially if they wanted Mac Andrew to fall through to 7.

The reason GWS won’t want to trade pick 2 is they know GC want Mac Andrew too. So them trading pick 2 for Adelaides Pick 4 mean they miss out on their first choice player. I still think GC may trade Pick 3 if they know GWS won’t trade pick 2. They want Andrew and Gibcus, they will get Gibcus a tad later. We should be targeting that pick in my opinion. Callahan would be unreal

If we can’t, we will still get a very good player at 7(9). We can definitely build our future this and next draft. I’m confident we will be smart about it.

The reason GWS won’t want to trade pick 2 is they know GC want Mac Andrew too. So them trading pick 2 for Adelaides Pick 4 mean they miss out on their first choice player. I still think GC may trade Pick 3 if they know GWS won’t trade pick 2. They want Andrew and Gibcus, they will get Gibcus a tad later. We should be targeting that pick in my opinion. Callahan would be unreal

If we can’t, we will still get a very good player at 7(9). We can definitely build our future this and next draft. I’m confident we will be smart about it.
If GWS/GC are dead set on Andrew and Gibcus, then I'd assume Hobbs is a good chance to make it through to us, provided Freo don't take him with Pick 6 (8). Based on the above the order could be:

1. Horne-Francis
2. Daicos
3. Darcy
4. Andrew
5. Gibcus
6. Callaghan
7. Ward
8. Erasmus? Amiss?
9. Hobbs

7 and 15 for 3 and 19 perhaps. Then we have 3, 17 (from WB), 20 from Norf, 26, 28. Essington want to split 11 into two picks, we give them 26 and 28, go in with 3, 11, 17, 19, 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back