List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Geelong want pick 8 for Clarke , Suns got 19 for ‘WILL BRODIE” ( Richmond posters wept ) and yet in Norge mind CCJ is not worth * all .

Not sure if you’re joking with the players you’ve thrown up. They’ve all been great but Lambert’s nearly 30 and cooked himself playing a tough brand his whole life, Castagna’s more worried about making his legs look like sh*t rather play footy and Kamdyn’s not great.

GC do want players but they’ll be wanting guns like Bolton, Balta etc.

I’d love us to be preparing ourselves for next year and King being our number one target. 2 first rounders and a second should do the job but all depends on how he performs next year
Gold coast will never be in a position to get what they want. If they're lucky they'll take what they need. The fact is no one wants to go there they only got that bald headed turd by paying him $1.8mill P/a 10 years ago which was ridiculous. They landed what's his name Weller for pick 2 on $750 P/a not even sure if he gets a game. They need players who can show them how a real team trains and teach them what finals are about. When Ben cousins came to punt Rd I remember the likes of Deledio Cotchin etc saying they had no idea how much more they needed to prepare and train and only learnt that from cousins. Gold coast are the ugly Sheila in a nightclub at 5am they know they can only catch a certain fish. No Marlins for them. Hey while everyones fighting for King maybe we make our move on Anderson/ Rowell/ Lukosius/ Rankine?

I know what it is - a highlights video from YouTube. Most players have them. Jakey Aarts has a 4 minute 2021 highlights package. Does that mean he had a good season? That’s your criteria, yeah? The fact someone has a highlights video on YouTube must make them a good footballer? That’s an incredibly low bar you’ve set.

In answer to your questions, in order:

1. No

2. More clarity required, my criteria for what exactly?

3. Probably, but why do you ask?

So Geelong want pick 8 for Clarke , Suns got 19 for ‘WILL BRODIE” ( Richmond posters wept ) and yet in Norge mind CCJ is not worth fu** all .
Might want to double check that Brodie trade

In answer to your questions, in order:

1. No

2. More clarity required, my criteria for what exactly?

3. Probably, but why do you ask?
1. But you assured me posting a YouTube highlights video of Castagna renders him a good footballer. Can’t the same rule be applied to Aarts?

2. Determining a good footballer. You posted a video without any comment. I can do the same for Aarts. Now what?

3. It doesn’t. As I said, every footballer has a highlights package or multiple highlights packages. Just because Castagna has one doesn’t mean anything given Aarts has one for his 2021 season (which I think we can both agree was terrible).

Let me know if you need a hand with anything else. Happy to help.

i don’t disagree that we could in effective a motivated seller come draft time. Nor do I disagree that it could be detrimental to getting value back when we do try and trade out.

However, currently all those who have moved out of higher picks show that it’s a sellers market, with those ‘buying’ higher picks paying a premium.

Therefore it comes down to what you would rather, overpay now or under receive later.

Also worth noting is the majority of picks being moved are to help facilitate a trade for a player or F/S or NGA player. They are not yet for improving draft hands for the sake of players within the draft. That I expect will come between end of player movement up to draft night.

There are numerous teams that have significant gaps between picks which we could help limit. Add to this the commentary around next year’s draft is somewhat suspect (due to two years of COVID effected seasons), it wouldn’t surprise me to see more teams looking to give up next year’s draft.

Therefore, I’m not quite sure that there will be a lack of incentives for other teams to trade back into the draft ensuring that we get good value for our picks.

Thats a interesting viewpoint. At the start of trade period clubs have motivation to trade for numerous reasons including players and draft position. Later on the motivtion declines and the positions get sorted so the opportunities dwindle and possibly the value of certain trades

I was under the impression you could only bring the amount of picks you have spaces for? E.g; If we have 4 spaces, we can only bring 4 picks to the draft and therefore can't live trade the other 4.

Does anyone know if that's right or wrong?

I heard something along those lines so the only possibility for live tading would be futures which is probably why some clubs are chasing them to give them trade flexibility and not needing to engage with RFC except maybe to get the actual pick to draft with.

Eg in and out in 2021 in terms of picks and a switch of picks in 2022

Unbelievable the advantages this club gets and they’re still rubbish
I'm still absolutely dumbfoocked by the idea of giving them a priority pick which they are then allowed to give away as part of a salary dump.
It's like continually building nice houses for the welfare cases who then destroy them, so you keep shifting them to another nice house...

I'm still absolutely dumbfoocked by the idea of giving them a priority pick which they are then allowed to give away as part of a salary dump.
It's like continually building nice houses for the welfare cases who then destroy them, so you keep shifting them to another nice house...

It's funny suns got the PP and not norf

If Will Brodie ends up being better than Cerra that would be a laugh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL! Is this meant to impress me?
Noted Yup GIF - Noted Yup GeorgeCostanza - Discover ...

If Will Brodie ends up being better than Cerra that would be a laugh.

Thats not going to happen. He’s been Gold Coasted and he‘s going to Freo. Not many improve after going there.

Gold coast will never be in a position to get what they want. If they're lucky they'll take what they need. The fact is no one wants to go there they only got that bald headed turd by paying him $1.8mill P/a 10 years ago which was ridiculous. They landed what's his name Weller for pick 2 on $750 P/a not even sure if he gets a game. They need players who can show them how a real team trains and teach them what finals are about. When Ben cousins came to punt Rd I remember the likes of Deledio Cotchin etc saying they had no idea how much more they needed to prepare and train and only learnt that from cousins. Gold coast are the ugly Sheila in a nightclub at 5am they know they can only catch a certain fish. No Marlins for them. Hey while everyones fighting for King maybe we make our move on Anderson/ Rowell/ Lukosius/ Rankine?
Or even Hollands

Different kinds of x-factor. Having foot skills and vision is to me x-factor.

He’s still young and I think he’ll be a decent contested player.

We have a need for mids that can kick as well. Our kicking is deplorable, particularly inside 50 and our rucks couldn’t win a tap to save themselves. We fix both of those and we might see our clearances start to improve.

As to why I think better kicking will help our clearances? We spend too much energy chasing our tails after bad kicks and turnovers. The load on our mids to push back in defense and pressure the ball carrier was getting too much this year. Trying to move the ball by hand is draining as well. Better ruck work and better ball retention will improve our clearance differential.
Good kicking is good football.

Different kinds of x-factor. Having foot skills and vision is to me x-factor.

He’s still young and I think he’ll be a decent contested player.

We have a need for mids that can kick as well. Our kicking is deplorable, particularly inside 50 and our rucks couldn’t win a tap to save themselves. We fix both of those and we might see our clearances start to improve.

As to why I think better kicking will help our clearances? We spend too much energy chasing our tails after bad kicks and turnovers. The load on our mids to push back in defense and pressure the ball carrier was getting too much this year. Trying to move the ball by hand is draining as well. Better ruck work and better ball retention will improve our clearance differential.
exactly,our skill level this year was atrocious,sub standard,apart from Stack, you know who and Thomson Dows flashes twd the end,it can only go north surely,as youve mentioned its one of the main reasons why we ran outta gas so many games,unable to hit targets so gotta chase up the mistake time and time again

Cerra is high-quality vanilla more than x-factor. Clearly the issue was we couldn't afford or didn't want to pay him 750k.

Dow has power and burst from congestion. He has ball-winning ability (like RCD he needs to get more on the spread).

Imagine talking down Cerra as vanilla then talking up Paddy Dow.

Absolute crazy stuff here

2 clubs needed to match bids for players ranked in the top 3 - their earliest picks entering the trade period were 17 and 36 - Fair to say, that will never happen again.

Our club entered the same draft period with the most draft capital, I'll be staggered if both Blair Hartley and Matt Clarke are with RFC this time next year if all we walk out with is an extra future 2nd / 3rd round pick.

Imagine talking down Cerra as vanilla then talking up Paddy Dow.

Absolute crazy stuff here

Two different players. We don’t need an outside $750k player. We need an inside player and there’s not many of them on the market. Dow might be what’s available and what we can afford.

He’s still young, worth the risk.

lol at some of you guys.
Another thing to consider... we've just come down after having 4 stellar seasons in which we raised the cup 3 times.
Why on earth would the Pies and Dogs want to improve our draft hand? They'd be happier to trade with perennial losers I would've thought.

Gold Coasts draft hand looking very slim right now
Picks 3. 97. And 115

Wonder if we are going to make a play for pick 3 and get them back into the draft a little more
No but we may make a play for 115

lol at some of you guys.
Another thing to consider... we've just come down after having 4 stellar seasons in which we raised the cup 3 times.
Why on earth would the Pies and Dogs want to improve our draft hand? They'd be happier to trade with perennial losers I would've thought.

Dogs helping Melbourne still seems pretty stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back