Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

as someone has mentioned Mitchell for #26 & we pay 500-550k over 3 yrs
we bundle 2 x 30's for low 20's
and go in with #7 #15 #22 ? & #28 + Tarrant & Mitchell

that would be day light robbery

What leverage do we have with Tarrant?

What is we want to include a trade with 38 and Tarrant later?

You say do a trade with Tarrant for a very late pick?
North want to get something back for him in a trade - but we can bluff that we'll take though FA, even tho its not in our interests. All we have is bluff at this stage but after today, we'll lose that leverage

what about #22(if we can do a deal with FREM?) for Mitchell ?

I can’t see the hawks moving Mitchell on for anything other than a first round pick. Maybe 17 and future second swap could get it done. Depends on how desperate they are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would rather get picks than make the same mistake Hawthorn did after their success.

Load up this year and we can worry about trading for players next season when Cotch and Jack retire (which appears likely).

Loading up on draftees this year will clear up cap space for next year.
Hawks mistake was going ALL in on getting players in. If we can keep our top 2 picks and then bring in some players, then thats best of both words.

Hawks top #50 picks.
2012: #28
2013: #24, #38
2014: #31, #49
2015: #19, #22, #44
2016: 0
2017: #45
2018: 0

Then they started using picks again. So while they were at their peak, they barely used a first round pick. And when they the spot we are in now, where you coulg be on the way down. They burnt all their picks. 1 top #50 over 3 years.

Compare to us
2016: #29
2017: #17, #20, #25, #34
2018: #20, #43
2019: #21, #43, #44, #46
2020: #40
2021: #7, #15, #26, #28, #38, #42, #47* currently

I would be unhappy if we traded out #7 or #15. But I would be ok of just taking those 2 picks to the draft it it means we can bring in some talent like Mitchell and O'Meara.

And not a very good player any more

We don't want Wingard when we have Bolton and Edwards already

I simply do not think Mitchell and the other HAwks will improve the team enough.

If Mitchell was a star team player it might be different but as a accumulator with minimal impact, nah

Even Gunston is not the player he was with body issues to. If Gunston returned and got some of his form back next year one might entertain it the year after

Some people here have NFI.

Its frustrating to read.

Pick 6 = Reece Conca
Pick 12 = Ben Lennon
Pick 1 = Paddy McCartin
Pick 4 = Richard Tambling.

What's more - it takes 5-6 years to figure out whether you've got a Jack Riewoldt or Scott Gumbleton.

We have a chance to win a premiership NOW.

If we do business with Hawthorn after the Robbie tarrant move - ill love it - have some balls RFC.

Some people here have NFI.

Its frustrating to read.

Pick 6 = Reece Conca
Pick 12 = Ben Lennon
Pick 1 = Paddy McCartin
Pick 4 = Richard Tambling.

What's more - it takes 5-6 years to figure out whether you've got a Jack Riewoldt or Scott Gumbleton.

We have a chance to win a premiership NOW.

If we do business with Hawthorn after the Robbie tarrant move - ill love it - have some balls RFC.
Agree. We aren’t winning another flag with our midfield the way it is. Get a clearance mid like Mitchell and we can put ourselves in the conversation

The same people suggesting we get older Hawthorn players will be the same people screaming about us having no good kids coming through in a few years time when the old Hawthorn players retire.

We’ve been hitting the draft the last 4 years and don’t have an abundance of talented kids. What’s recruiting Mitchell going to do?

If we continue to waste first round picks hitting the draft won’t work either.

Let’s hope we do what we said we would and balance our draft hand out and hit the draft, but this time nail some picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. We aren’t winning another flag with our midfield the way it is. Get a clearance mid like Mitchell and we can put ourselves in the conversation

I don’t want Mitchell but if we’re after him it can’t be for pick 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back