List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given how keen we were for pick 27 I would guess that means we see the top 30 as a gold mine. If we can get that deal for a player we reckon is A grade then go for it. But otherwise we look like going the portfolio of choice route. Pick a heap of quality and develop them hoping for 1 or 2 A graders.
Agree. I think that WAS the plan (as in now it's fixed and not changing). We have a plan to take FIVE players and have multiple scenarios naturally that all are fitting for the list going into 2022 and beyond.

Who are the FIVE?

kobe-count.gif

Given how keen we were for pick 27 I would guess that means we see the top 30 as a gold mine. If we can get that deal for a player we reckon is A grade then go for it. But otherwise we look like going the portfolio of choice route. Pick a heap of quality and develop them hoping for 1 or 2 A graders.
Yep. I think we'll wait until draft night to see how things are panning out then pull the trigger if it suits or just be content with all 5 picks. We can't lose.

you forgot to add David Rodan @ 33 ...

Gave him a mention as the star Goal Umpire he is - the Johno of umpires (smiling assassin)

I’m a huge yes for 7&15 and either next years 2nd or pick 26 for pick 2.

Finn Callaghan is going to be a star.

It's tricky -there is some real currency at the moment for 2, 3 and 4. Probably do have to pay overs. Am all in on Finn too though!

Just means they push one of the other top 15 picks to us.
Sinn, Johnson, Draper, Wanganeen, Andrew, Sonsie....
All could be better than Goater.

WC not interested in JVR?

Really like Sinn - looks to have some Rance traits for mine

And who on earth would want to give them any assistance whatsoever!!! Let them suffer

Agreed, wouldn't give Essendon the steam off you know what on a cold afternoon.......

It would be impossible do it worse. Maybe they should have hired some people that actually watched footy.

It’s hard to imagination a club ever getting it so wrong.

You could have gone into draft day thinking of destroying the club, deliberately making bad picks, and likely would have still done better.

History won't be kind to us about the 2005 draft either MM.....

1635238041136.png

And then we have ol Cleve Hughes and Travis Casserley - possibly even worse. Even our Pick 67 used on PASS was about as good as those picks

View attachment 1268324

And then we have ol Cleve Hughes and Travis Casserley - possibly even worse. Even our Pick 67 used on PASS was about as good as those picks
If you had to make an all time best 22 of the most average 200+ gamers you’d start padding the side out with this draft.

If you had to make an all time best 22 of the most average 200+ gamers you’d start padding the side out with this draft.
Well you wouldn't get many more from this draft either - the second round had just 2 in Bernie Vince (who was OK) and Sam Gilbert

View attachment 1268324

I still wouldn't change a thing. I'm just glad we stayed s**tful enough to get #2 in 2008 and #3 in the 2009 draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want Richmond to pick up mids with our first-rounder, but Mac Andrew’s really pushing that desire.
He’s like an extra midfielder with the way he follows up after a ruck contest. And far out his massive slap of the ball to advantage is nice. He’d go really well with Samson Ryan in the long term IMO.

I know, we need to focus on mids and genuine KPPs first before another ruck, but he’s one talented kid. No wonder he’s a top-10 prospect.

I want Richmond to pick up mids with our first-rounder, but Mac Andrew’s really pushing that desire.
He’s like an extra midfielder with the way he follows up after a ruck contest. And far out his massive slap of the ball to advantage is nice. He’d go really well with Samson Ryan in the long term IMO.

I know, we need to focus on mids and genuine KPPs first before another ruck, but he’s one talented kid. No wonder he’s a top-10 prospect.
Problem is if he leaves for opportunity if we don’t play him while he’s a stick insect.

Yep. I think we'll wait until draft night to see how things are panning out then pull the trigger if it suits or just be content with all 5 picks. We can't lose.

Well theoretically we can. But I reckon we will pick some damn good players and likely get at least 3 hits. If we get all 5 right then watch out the rest of the league. We'll have one of the deepest midfields in the AFL, and that is a good thing

Such an obviously high potential. If he does reach his ceiling he'll be amazing. Absolutely AA grade.

But a skinny kid with limited time against monsters. Bit risk - but a YUGE reward

Such an obviously high potential. If he does reach his ceiling he'll be amazing. Absolutely AA grade.

But a skinny kid with limited time against monsters. Bit risk - but a YUGE reward
A big no from me.

He’s at least 5 years away from being able to compete in the ruck. So between now and then he will be only playing forward and how would he fit right now? He’d need more development time then any player on our list and using pick 7 on this type of player just doesn’t work right now.

A big no from me.

He’s at least 5 years away from being able to compete in the ruck. So between now and then he will be only playing forward and how would he fit right now? He’d need more development time then any player on our list and using pick 7 on this type of player just doesn’t work right now.

He's a no from me as well. High risk and long way away. Plus we are loaded with rucks. And I reckon as a KPF we'd get someone more quickly and possibly as good next year.

A big no from me.

Besides we have Biggie who has similar traits.
1yr further in development and could be just as good.
Waste of a pick for us is Andrew.

Problem is if he leaves for opportunity if we don’t play him while he’s a stick insect.
Definitely the challenge for him. Apparently he’s 70kgs now so it’s a long way to go before he reaches the ideal weight for a ruck. Will he ever reach it? Not sure. But very high reward for the club that picks him up and is able to get him to a competitive rucking weight (if there is a club that can). GWS need him and probably can do it, which is why they’re reportedly desperate to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back