List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto.
I mean if we finish say 6th we still have Norfs 2nd so its only 7 spots away.
And while i'm no keen Junior watcher what are the chances of getting a Dunkley@12ish.
I would think circa pick 10 gets it done but I wouldn't be surprised if the dogs think different.

I would think circa pick 10 gets it done but I wouldn't be surprised if the dogs think different.
Just all comes down to the salary cap position at the dogs and the amount of genuine interest they have

If they can juggle the money around and work out a way to keep him without huge sacrifice down the road they will play harder at the trade table

But if they need to let him go they might be happier to see a deal happen without much fuss

I still think a developing key forward is more important to us then a ready made midfielder with where our list is at

There’s a few KPP floating around the draft this year so I would be loathe to lose our first round pick when we could snare one this draft

I wonder if we are looking at Griffin Logue from Freo who looks certain to leave for Victoria (Despite being a WA lad).

He's a very athletic KPP who looks like a defender even though they are trialling him forward.

Could play him as a KPD and shift Gibcus or Balta forward..... even though I don't think Balta will make it as a forward, just a hypothetical scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reports post game said that there was a death in Tarryn Thomas' family which was impacting him on the weekend.

I'd still very much be making polite enquiries about his availability.

I'd be inclined to offer our first for him and a future second. With 60 games under his belt and still only 22 we'd possibly get a good 8-10 years out of him and for mine he'd be well worth the cost.

Reports post game said that there was a death in Tarryn Thomas' family which was impacting him on the weekend.

I'd still very much be making polite enquiries about his availability.

I'd be inclined to offer our first for him and a future second. With 60 games under his belt and still only 22 we'd possibly get a good 8-10 years out of him and for mine he'd be well worth the cost.
Way overs imo
If he wanted out a 2nd or 3rd would probably get it done

Someone else would better that by a country mile.
Trades aren’t the open market the media play them out to be with players going to the highest bidder

These days most trades the new club is already agreed to and worked out than the price in terms of a trade is worked out

Way overs imo
If he wanted out a 2nd or 3rd would probably get it done
Given he is still contracted for 2 more seasons the Roos won't be giving him up for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, however a pick in the low to mid teens may very well tempt them to part with him. If we could snaffle their future 2nd as part of the deal it would continue our ability to regenerate the list on the fly as we'd have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds in 2023 as well.

I wonder if we are looking at Griffin Logue from Freo who looks certain to leave for Victoria
Does he? Why's that?

salary dumping , EG when Lobb went to freo , its called a firesale , no club will offer top 10 pick for Hopper , they'd be dreaming to think so
We won't have a top-10 pick. He's exactly what Essendon need, could see them offering a future first and plenty of dollars. I imagine Geelong would be interested too. He's contracted for next year, after which he becomes a free agent and then someone will pay him and GWS will get first-round compo. So yeah, our first would be involved.

Does he? Why's that?

We won't have a top-10 pick. He's exactly what Essendon need, could see them offering a future first and plenty of dollars. I imagine Geelong would be interested too. He's contracted for next year, after which he becomes a free agent and then someone will pay him and GWS will get first-round compo. So yeah, our first would be involved.
Just saw a few articles stating he's looking at offers from Victoria as he's out of contract.

But there are many clubs looking for KPP's so I doubt we'd enter the bidding war. Bulldogs, Essendon and Collingwood will be all over a KPD.

We'll probably just stick to midfielders which is a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back