List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angus Brayshaw - Free agent

we have an interest
Shame he’s not a few years younger. Brownlow placegetter as an inside mid.

Highly skilled, plenty of courage, good character, seemingly quite intelligent.

Ticks most boxes. Concussions and age the only negatives.

Ps. With big offers coming for Jackson, surely that cap is getting pretty tight.

Why not ?

He will be in our top 10 in B & F this year
I'm a bit with Cornesy on this in that I think 5 year deals should be reserved for the truly elite of the team, not half backs that play the easiest position on the field.

Id give him 3 years, 4 at a stretch but even the I'd be hesitant.

I'm a bit with Cornesy on this in that I think 5 year deals should be reserved for the truly elite of the team, not half backs that play the easiest position on the field.

Id give him 3 years, 4 at a stretch but even the I'd be hesitant.
Jayden Short was until 5 games ago a HBF
i am happy to give him a 5 year deal at the right price like $500k all good

Jayden Short was until 5 games ago a HBF
i am happy to give him a 5 year deal at the right price like $500k all good
Yeah I thought it was probably a year too much at rhe time but Short was also one of the elite half backs of the comp whereas Rioli isn't in the best couple half backs on our list. Fortunately Short has gone on to become a pivotal member of our midfield. Cant see Daniel ever doing that.

I like Rioli by the way and think he's doing a very good job.

Yeah I do too. I hope we also acquire a GWS mid and have a good crack at TThomas. But that’s my view only.

I do know Rioli and Baker aren’t going anywhere so that’s a positive for us to really attack trade targets for 23.
John Ralph still going today with Baker, being undecided.

His signature is the one I’m most nervous about. Think the likelihood is he stays, is tight with the group, but there’s always the home factor

From us too I hope
We can't afford to. Shai will get offers in the 6 v 800 ballpark next year, Balta will get some big offers. Everyone will just have to take unders like the last batch of stars did.
I wouldn't be giving rioli 5 years. That's too much.
Not at the right price it's not. Not if it's the difference between keeping and losing him.

We need an inside midfield bull, people keep talking Taranto that's not him.

Dunkley would fit that mould.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His signature is the one I’m most nervous about. Think the likelihood is he stays, is tight with the group, but there’s always the home factor

Home fires difficult to resist for flag Tiger

—Jon Ralph

Heart-and-soul Tigers utility Liam Baker is genuinely torn between remaining a “Richmond man” and returning to WA to kickstart a long career as a West Coast Eagle.

Baker has a tough decision ahead of him after winning two premierships at Richmond, with the Tigers attempting to re-sign him for the past 18 months.

Instead, he had held off amid growing interest from the Eagles, who he barracked for as a kid growing up on a wheat and sheep farm in Pingaring, east of Perth.

The 24-year-old would likely secure a pay rise from the Eagles, who believe his energy and versatility would bring exactly the kind of freshness to their list they so badly need. But his decision will not be based on money, with Baker yet to make a decision about staying or returning to be around family and friends.

His Perth-based management is set to arrive in Melbourne this week, with Richmond still confident of retaining a player they secured at pick 18 in the 2018 rookie draft.

Coach Damien Hardwick believes he exemplifies the characteristics of a “Richmond man”, which sums up the manner in which he wants his players to act on and off the field.

Richmond gun Liam Baker. Picture: Michael Klein

While Baker has long been a Mr Fix It of Richmond’s side, his capacity to move into the midfield in recent weeks makes him a much more valuable proposition.

He changed the game after going into the centre square against Geelong when Dion Prestia was concussed, with 24 disposals, seven clearances and 14 contested possessions.

Baker played midfield in round 1, forward from rounds 2-6, back from rounds 7-11 and from rounds 13-15 has played in all areas of the ground.

St Kilda champion Nick Riewoldt told Fox Footy’s On The Couch on Monday night he was coming of age as a player, after he nearly stole the game against Geelong.

“He changes the game with his effort. He would have dived on a grenade, he was going so hard,” Riewoldt said.

Richmond would drive a hard bargain with the Eagles if he decided to leave, but is hopeful he will want to chase more premiership success.

The club is yet to make decisions on senior players Jack Riewoldt, Trent Cotchin, Kane Lambert and Shane Edwards.

Daniel Rioli is also putting off contract talks as he changes his player agent.

It’s really just a 2&2 article joining The dots coz he hasnt signed and Richmond rate him

We can't afford to. Shai will get offers in the 6 v 800 ballpark next year, Balta will get some big offers. Everyone will just have to take unders like the last batch of stars did.

Not at the right price it's not. Not if it's the difference between keeping and losing him.
True however in 2025 who are our best players , baker would be up there surely . My concern with the prospect of Rioli leaving s it heightens the chance of Bolton going

Home fires difficult to resist for flag Tiger

—Jon Ralph

Heart-and-soul Tigers utility Liam Baker is genuinely torn between remaining a “Richmond man” and returning to WA to kickstart a long career as a West Coast Eagle.

Baker has a tough decision ahead of him after winning two premierships at Richmond, with the Tigers attempting to re-sign him for the past 18 months.

Instead, he had held off amid growing interest from the Eagles, who he barracked for as a kid growing up on a wheat and sheep farm in Pingaring, east of Perth.

The 24-year-old would likely secure a pay rise from the Eagles, who believe his energy and versatility would bring exactly the kind of freshness to their list they so badly need. But his decision will not be based on money, with Baker yet to make a decision about staying or returning to be around family and friends.

His Perth-based management is set to arrive in Melbourne this week, with Richmond still confident of retaining a player they secured at pick 18 in the 2018 rookie draft.

Coach Damien Hardwick believes he exemplifies the characteristics of a “Richmond man”, which sums up the manner in which he wants his players to act on and off the field.

While Baker has long been a Mr Fix It of Richmond’s side, his capacity to move into the midfield in recent weeks makes him a much more valuable proposition.

He changed the game after going into the centre square against Geelong when Dion Prestia was concussed, with 24 disposals, seven clearances and 14 contested possessions.

Baker played midfield in round 1, forward from rounds 2-6, back from rounds 7-11 and from rounds 13-15 has played in all areas of the ground.

St Kilda champion Nick Riewoldt told Fox Footy’s On The Couch on Monday night he was coming of age as a player, after he nearly stole the game against Geelong.

“He changes the game with his effort. He would have dived on a grenade, he was going so hard,” Riewoldt said.

Richmond would drive a hard bargain with the Eagles if he decided to leave, but is hopeful he will want to chase more premiership success.

The club is yet to make decisions on senior players Jack Riewoldt, Trent Cotchin, Kane Lambert and Shane Edwards.

Daniel Rioli is also putting off contract talks as he changes his player agent.
Fingers crossed he stays a Richmond man.

The 3 Bs. - Baker, Bolton, Balta are priority one re-signings over the next couple of years. If there’s some fallout around that then so be it

Obviously plan A would be to re-sign Baker long term but if the go home factor is strong then maybe come from a different angle- 2 more years on good coin with the opportunity of more Premiership glory which he won’t get at WC. Then he returns home (hopefully by which time he’s changed his mind and plays out his career with us).

Not an ideal scenario but if it means keeping him, then similar to Bolton in 21 just get his signature

Last edited:
Obviously plan A would be to re-sign Baker long term but if the go home factor is strong then maybe come from a different angle- 2 more years on good coin with the opportunity of more Premiership glory which he won’t get at WC. Then he returns home (hopefully by which time he’s changed his mind).

Not an ideal scenario but if it means keeping him, then similar to Bolton in 21 just get his signature
He’s a happy Chappy bakes with his regular golf crew at Kew ,,, fingers crossed he sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back