Not open for further replies.

Ceehook

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
LoL@Points value.
Points aren't going to win you flags.
its not the size of the points its how you use them :)

the AFL world has gone into a bit of a points frenzy

Clubs could become very good at swapping picks and accumulating points and taking advantage of Clubs in desperate need

but if you cant turn them into better picks dare I say does the whole exercise become pointless

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
its not the size of the points its how you use them :)

the AFL world has gone into a bit of a points frenzy

Clubs could become very good at swapping picks and accumulating points and taking advantage of Clubs in desperate need

but if you cant turn them into better picks dare I say does the whole exercise become pointless
Understand how pts are useful in certain circumstances.
But if it's s straight out swap then who cares about pts.lol

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Delisted and set to be redrafted at the draft**
Doesn’t mean we can’t scoop and pick him up ourselves with pick 83 (suns 2nd pick is 97).
Wouldn’t mind it - big bodied midfielder who TACKLES like a beast. Wins the contested ball and kicks goals. I actually think he would be a phenomenal pick up.
Stoppage goal, 1st Q, 2017 GF :hearteyes:

Couldn't any other club just sign his as a DFA?

I get that they are trying to find a loophole around the whole needing to use 3 national draft picks rule, but surely they had better options than risking Greenwood, he's one of their best players lol, why wouldn't they cut and then redraft that MacPherson bloke they were trying to salary dump earlier in the trade period.

Insane that GC have managed to cook this.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Insane that GC have managed to cook this.

Lets not speak too soon !!

I can easily see St Kilda taking Biggy from under our noses as he was their academy kid and we took him , Looks like gentlemans agreements no longer hold water with some sh!t Stain Clubs.

Hope clubs go all out on Norf's kids now

I can easily see St Kilda taking Biggy from under our noses as he was their academy kid and we took him , Looks like gentlemans agreements no longer hold water with some sh!t Stain Clubs.

The de-listing and re-listing of players at the same club, along with the "rookie" list are a joke anyways.

Don't blame North for GCs ineptitude, they are the ones that delisted their #2 mid and the #1 tackler in the comp hahaha

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
The de-listing and re-listing of players at the same club, along with the "rookie" list are a joke anyways.

Don't blame North for GCs ineptitude, they are the ones that delisted their #2 mid and the #1 tackler in the comp hahaha
You cant just delist a contracted player , They need to agree to this
Greenwood would have agreed to facilitate the list structure as he was going back onto the senior list and was only delisted because of the stupid min 3 selection rule.

Greenwood agrees
North offers more cash
Greenwood jumps

You cant just delist a contracted player , They need to agree to this
Greenwood would have agreed to facilitate the list structure as he was going back onto the senior list and was only delisted because of the stupid min 3 selection rule.

Greenwood agrees
North offers more cash
Greenwood jumps

GC put themselves in this position.

Their is no way you can slice it to make it a "North Bad" situation.

GC have embarassed themselves.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies

Not really the same thing.

GC lost of of their better players, if we lost biggy it would be meh

Maybe you want to back up your claim in the previous post first

Which one?
That delisting and relisting players, and the entire concept of the "rookie" list are a joke.

Or that GC are inept?

Think both are pretty clear.

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
I know anyone can do this (pick up a guy that was delisted to free up space on the list and then pick them up as a rookie) but this isn't what clubs have been doing because they know that they may have to juggle things the same way in the future.

I guess it is now open season and it may be a good thing because the rookie list was being abused to the point that it shouldn't be called rookie list anymore..

Norf have swooped in....lol Suns
Screenshot_20211115-160553_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20211115-160610_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Bit of a dog act by Greenwood if he'd agreed to be delisted. But more so dumb from the Suns to leave themselves open by trying to rort the system.

Delisting and rookieing players is for development types. They done ****ed up.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Wonder if Gold Coast are suddenly more open to splitting pick 3 now they have another list spot they need to fill?
Or bad news for us.
More likely too take Callaghan/Ward or Hobbs now.

Wrenny

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Won't meet a nicer bloke in footy than Hugh. Assume he was up for the challenge and Norfs offer too good to refuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back