List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Wonder if Gold Coast are suddenly more open to splitting pick 3 now they have another list spot they need to fill?

Someone else on another thread in another forum said maybe Gold Coast will want a pick now, like one of our second rounders, because they where planning on picking up Greenwood in the draft but now can't. They have a few futures Gold Coast at the moment I believe

I find it interesting. I suspect Gold Coast might have thought this was going to happen because its a good way to get further salary cap off their list. Makes they trade of Brodie away giving up a better pick kinda stupid I think unless Brodie had a few years left on his contract

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Wonder if Gold Coast are suddenly more open to splitting pick 3 now they have another list spot they need to fill?
I was wondering the same thing. Hard to see a suitable deal though as suns will want two early picks and I'd prefer to be able to hold on to pick 7. Maybe something like 3 and future 3rd for 15, 26 and future 1st (say ~15)?

Can't see suns going for that realistically but you never know now that they've freed up some cash with the Greenwood departure they may want some draft capital to target a replacement next year.

Profop

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Lets not speak too soon !!

I can easily see St Kilda taking Biggy from under our noses as he was their academy kid and we took him , Looks like gentlemans agreements no longer hold water with some sh!t Stain Clubs.

Hope clubs go all out on Norf's kids now
Difference is that it's very unlikely that someone would offer a young rookie like Biggie enough money over the top of the contract their existing team has offered to make the switch worthwhile.

It's why Gold Coast should never have selected Greenwood for this maneuver. There would have been plenty of people on their list that no other club would be willing to stick another 100 grand on top of their deal to get them to move.

Profop

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
But who would we take at 3?

Sounds like 3-10ish pretty even or at least tricky to rank
My thought would be with the suns more willing to part with three we can get it for cheaper than we might have. After that it becomes easier to turn pick three into pick two from GWS than it would be trying to get pick two from our current position.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Bit of a dog act by Greenwood if he'd agreed to be delisted. But more so dumb from the Suns to leave themselves open by trying to rort the system.

Delisting and rookieing players is for development types. They done f’ed up.
All clubs are doing it. I think it pretty risky to delist players like Miller and Bigoa and re-rookie, as we have no backup at all in the big man dept. and Cumberland because he looks pretty good. You gamble a bit. But from my reading the trade period is finished, Monday, November 15: Second delisted free agency period closes, so that is that I think.

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
All clubs are doing it. I think it pretty risky to delist players like Miller and Bigoa and re-rookie, as we have no backup at all in the big man dept. and Cumberland because he looks pretty good. You gamble a bit. But from my reading the trade period is finished, Monday, November 15: Second delisted free agency period closes, so that is that I think.
Clubs do it for development types, not 29-year-olds who are their best clearance player and lead the league for tackles.

jthanos

Senior List
Jul 15, 2008
Glen Iris
AFL Club
Richmond
Difference is that it's very unlikely that someone would offer a young rookie like Biggie enough money over the top of the contract their existing team has offered to make the switch worthwhile.

It's why Gold Coast should never have selected Greenwood for this maneuver. There would have been plenty of people on their list that no other club would be willing to stick another 100 grand on top of their deal to get them to move.
GC dodged a bullet, Greenwood is a list clogger, he is Kangaroos problem now.
He was a dud in Adelaide and average at best at GC.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Says alot about Norf & Greenwood

Norf we all know are the sh!t stain club that only exists to ramp up player salaries and can never get a decent player unless they pay way over market rate
Cj - $450k x 4 for a 10 game player
Polec $750k for a seagull with only 1 wing
Greenwood $500k for a mercenary coming of a doggy knee averaging 17 touches game

Greenwood has form for jumping at every chance for cash

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes generally, North did it with Polac. It is still a bit of a risk, the gloves are off now, so down the track it may not be such a safe bet.
Very good reason for Polec to agree to this , He has 2 years remaining on a 5 year deal on $750k a year which mostly was front loaded so if he gets picked up he will scrap that contract ( $200k x 2 guessing) and get more cash from a new club if there is interest other wise stay and collect the contract he has

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
GC dodged a bullet, Greenwood is a list clogger, he is Kangaroos problem now.
He was a dud in Adelaide and average at best at GC.
I don't think he's a dud, but I do understand Gold Coast not trying to match a 3 year deal at $400k+, he's definitely not worth that

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Touk Miller just signed a 5 year extension at Gold Coast
Couldn't see him leaving anyway, but should stop people suggesting we target him

AFL.com.au Article

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Some commentators don't rate us next year.

Why not offer up our 2022 first and second and see who bites?

I am curious what sort of offers we could get. We can always say no and at least we have North's second

Some think we may not bounce back and injuries persist.

We could offer our 2022 1st and pick 15 for St Kilda's future second and 9 and St Kilda's future 3rd

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Some commentators don't rate us next year.

Why not offer up our 2022 first and second and see who bites?

I am curious what sort of offers we could get. We can always say no and at least we have North's second

Some think we may not bounce back and injuries persist.

We could offer our 2022 1st and pick 15 for St Kilda's future second and 9 and St Kilda's future 3rd
we cant trade our 1st pick

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
We dont need a 2nd as we already have 2 i believe we just need either a 3rd or 4th rounder then we can trade out our F1

Yeah but we need to get picks back from the Saints to balance out a trade if we get their pick 9 this year for our 15 and future first. We can't give away picks so to speak unless we use a third party.

We could also use another second to use to get Bulldogs 23 this year. Pick 23 could help us get pick 18

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah but we need to get picks back from the Saints to balance out a trade if we get their pick 9 this year for our 15 and future first. We can't give away picks so to speak unless we use a third party.

We could also use another second to use to get Bulldogs 23 this year. Pick 23 could help us get pick 18
No chance im giving St Kilda #15 + F1 for pick #9 + something
suicide

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
No chance im giving St Kilda #15 + F1 for pick #9 + something
suicide

why if its a balanced trade?

Pick 9 is better than 15, we don't know where our future first will end up and we get picks back to get the likes of 23 and possibly 18.

The point is with the picks RFC has, we are in a better position to trade than most other clubs in terms of offering other clubs looking for options and no point holding onto a pick if we finish well in 2022 when we could get better this year even if its a future first?

Remember we can always trade a future 2023 first to get a 2022 first next year apart from other options.

Saints and others may well want our second round picks as well once there NGA's are not a factor. We have currency to move up the draft in 2021 and 2022, its a fluid situation

Just assume we improve but don't get the chocolates next year and end up with 16 or so. It would not be hard to trade back into that spot with later picks, futures and some other combination and historically that's not necessarily a winning pick anyway.

Do you think we will not go great in 2022? There are father sons and academies etc.. to factor in in 2022 to

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back