Status
Not open for further replies.
Office Sloth GIF by Disney Zootopia

AFL House right now

is that were MrMagic works????

Essentially paid pick 4.
GWS hold pick #4
No Chance they would trade #4 for #12+#19

I would say pick #7 would be about the best we could get for these 2 picks , The points system is not a good indication

#19+#30 equals pick #8 no chance anybody would take these 2 picks and give up #8

I think if we can get the 2 boys for 12,19,30,F1 with a couple of 40+ picks coming back its a win win for both clubs

GWS hold pick #4

I would say pick #7 would be about the best we could get for these 2 picks , The points system is not a good indication

#19+#30 equals pick #8 no chance anybody would take these 2 picks and give up #8

I think if we can get the 2 boys for 12,19,30,F1 with a couple of 40+ picks coming back its a win win for both clubs

What do we want picks coming back??

Cannot use them

What do we want picks coming back??

Cannot use them
Nice to have you back, the De Goey re-signing seemed to knock you around for a few days. You were riding that idea hard.

GWS hold pick #4

It depends on the spread of the talent draft year to year

flag window is not the same as what is what when we gave up a good pick for Prestia
When we gave up a good pick for Prestia, we had endured one of the most disappointing seasons in recent memory, culminating in losing our final round match by 113 points.

Taylor Hunt was our second-highest possession getter that day. Andrew Moore notched up 23 of the best.

One of our best players chose to leave us in that off-season.

No fan could honestly say that they could see our 'flag window being open' at the time we traded for Prestia. The club might have though. On that basis, I think it's not a bad idea to just trust the club to sort this out for us. Chances are they know better than we do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS hold pick #4

Exactly, just like we wouldn’t trade pick 4 for Taranto unless we were getting an early 2nd rounder back.

Points value is irrelevant unless you have a father son or academy player coming through.

The success bias people have on this site for draft picks is legitimately out of control. You can clearly look up how successful each pick is likely to be based on historical selections. You'd trade out those picks in a heartbeat for Taranto in the same way that we should have expected/demanded at least an early second pick for Graham

I think the hold up is that AFL house haven't officially processed the Bobby Hill trade yet and GWS want to on-trade Collingwood's future second as part of the Taranto trade.

As soon as Hill trade is done, our paperwork will be lodged I reckon.

The success bias people have on this site for draft picks is legitimately out of control. You can clearly look up how successful each pick is likely to be based on historical selections. You'd trade out those picks in a heartbeat for Taranto in the same way that we should have expected/demanded at least an early second pick for Graham
Depends on the draft as well By all accounts this years draft is a weaker one compared to last years that had a great top end and even spread between picks 15 - 35 So it made sense to load up in that range

No point holding mid teens picks if it just means the chances are high of getting another gamble player like RCD that will even be bang or bust compared to the sure thing that Taranto is

GWS hold pick #4

I suggested late picks coming back ages ago and still think that might be case - GWS will only pass on them in this draft and RFC know that so they are collateral damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back