List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah previous years I’ve taken the trade radio bait but it’s really not worth it, they don’t get any exclusives with any breaking story’s simultaneously getting reported on Twitter, AFL website and other news sources

They are mostly the C grade tier of afl reporters going over the same old s**t to fill in air time offering nothing but Ill informed opinions based on next to no understanding of the lists they are talking about
Exactly I just get my Trade updates from Twitter, its instant and more accurate.

Nothing has changed since last Thursday regarding this trade, it's clearly being held back for Wednesday to get in the Richmond fans on the final day. I haven't watched 1 minute of Trade Radio, I'm not starting on Wednesday.
depositphotos_67522001-stock-photo-vintage-transistor-radio.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No worse than Whatley and Dwayne Russell .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Has Cornes ever said anything positive about Richmond?

When he was sooking this morning about Norf wanting a good player in the JHF trade he said look at Richmond they are getting 2 A grade mids in their prime with just picks. Suddenly they are in their prime when it suits him but when he wants to talk s**t about us 5 minutes later they are injury prone spuds.

If we trade Pick 31 to GWS for Hopper we do not have a pick in this years draft.
Are we not required to make three selections ?
If we elevate Pickett will we not rely on two picks from GWS to fulfill our obligations ?

Isn't the draft kinda 'infinite'? As in, there's an unlimited number of rounds in it until the teams fill the spots required? ie. we might end up with picks 71, 72, 73 etc

Anybody got the content of this in relation to Hopper?

TIGERS RELENT IN DEAL FOR HOPPER

Richmond will begrudgingly release Ivan Soldo to Greater Western Sydney to seal the Jacob Hopper deal, as the Tigers plan for a potential five-man bench that could pave the way for clubs to play two full-time ruckmen.

Soldo is getting his head around leaving for GWS in a deal that Richmond hopes could see them hand over Soldo, pick 19 and a future first-rounder, but secure one of the Giants late 2022 picks.

The Tigers are hopeful of taking a selection to this year’s draft – potentially to even use on a young tall in the Jack Riewoldt succession plan – so hope the Giants might be willing to return a late pick to them.

The deal for Jacob Hopper could be close. Picture: Jason McCawley/AFL Photos

The deal for Jacob Hopper could be close. Picture: Jason McCawley/AFL Photos
But the intriguing element of the trade is what might happen to the controversial sub rule next year.

News Corp revealed mid-season that the lobbying from the AFL Doctors Association had brought about assurances from the AFL they would remove the current sub rule, which requires a doctor to rule a player must be likely to miss the next week through injury.

Richmond’s understanding is that there is a significant possibility the clubs might just be given a fifth player on the bench to use freely rather than a medical substitute, which has required an injury to bring the fifth player on.

A five-man bench would give clubs latitude to play a second genuine ruckman, rather than one with another tall who can also pinch-hit in the ruck.

Richmond would have been perfectly poised with Toby Nankervis and Soldo as an elite ruck duo but the Tigers realise releasing contracted Soldo is the only way to secure Hopper.

They have high hopes for Ben Miller and Samson Ryan and could also play Noah Balta as a second ruck.

But the club would love to keep Soldo, who rebuffed Western Bulldogs interest to sign a new three-year deal last year.

Ivan Soldo could be on his way to GWS. Picture: Michael Willson/AFL Photos

Ivan Soldo could be on his way to GWS. Picture: Michael Willson/AFL Photos
The Canberra-raised ruckman had a medical with GWS last week.

New Giants coach Adam Kingsley is a big fan of Hugo Ralphsmith but the Giants have plenty of running backs so have not asked for the 20-year-old – and Richmond will not release him.

Clubs would ideally have advance warning on what the 2023 sub rule or expanded bench would look like ahead of the trade period.

But given the tight turnaround from the 2022 season to the trade period, they have to make guesstimates on what the game will look like next year.

Richmond has only pick 31 after handing over selections 12 and 19 for Tim Taranto, but could ask for the last of GWS’ picks in the Hopper trade to secure a live draft selection.

GWS has picks 3, 12, 15, 18, 19, 44, 61, 63, and even the last of those selections would come in to about 50 given it’s not expected clubs will use their late picks.

Richmond secured five selections in the 2021 national draft – Josh Gibcus, Tom Brown, Tyler Sonsie, Sam Banks and Judson Clarke – and have high hopes for all of them.

It means they have been able to go all-in on two established midfielders on seven-year deals to round out their midfield core.

Karen does not rate us as according to him if 5 of our top 10 go down next year. Like no s**t. I just highlighted if that happens to any side that would happen. He had a crack at prestia being "always injured" last year. I just highlighted he played 19 games.

Lloyd acting like we have no depth compared to the cats. I showed him the error of his ways.
Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back