List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Tiger fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

tugga you may like to sticky or merge this post, move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread.

The only way we can address Lynch's injury issues is to become less reliant on having one star key forward. It's not realistic to expect to bring in another Lynch-equivalent forward this year.

Collingwood are the best team in the comp right now, and they don't have a star forward — just several blokes who work really hard to bring the ball to ground while snagging a goal or two each.
The thing with the Pies is that they have someone in Mihocek who leads their forward line. Lynch leads ours, and Jack has been doing that role admirably over the last 3 months, when he should have been enjoying a final lap. Finding that next leader of the forward line is the most important thing when it comes to our future success and I just don't think that HH can be that.

Well that's what we'd be planning for yes. But if Lynch goes down again he'd be better suited than any of our other options to take over.
Happy to agree to disagree on this, rather than go around in circles. I respect that you and others want HH and at the start of the year I was happy for him to come across at the right price as I thought we'd be back in the hunt for another flag run. But with how the season has unfolded, including Hardwick departing and Lynch being out long term, I no longer see the value in bringing in a 27-28 year old 2nd/3rd string KPF to try and remain competitive. What I see as the best course of action for us moving forward is to set up the forward line around Lynch, put time and effort into developing the young KPPs that we've got on the list. Hit the draft/trade table and try and uncover a younger option that can step in and lead the forward line from 2025.

If that means in 2024 we have to go with a forward line with 2 of Ryan Bradtke Bauer Miller as the focal points, then so be it, what's the worse that can happen. We bottom out and get a top 5 pick to take to the draft or dangle at the trade table, on the flip side we'd quickly find out if those guys are worth continuing with, or need to be shipped off for someone new.

The thing with the Pies is that they have someone in Mihocek who leads their forward line. Lynch leads ours, and Jack has been doing that role admirably over the last 3 months, when he should have been enjoying a final lap. Finding that next leader of the forward line is the most important thing when it comes to our future success and I just don't think that HH can be that.

Happy to agree to disagree on this, rather than go around in circles. I respect that you and others want HH and at the start of the year I was happy for him to come across at the right price as I thought we'd be back in the hunt for another flag run. But with how the season has unfolded, including Hardwick departing and Lynch being out long term, I no longer see the value in bringing in a 27-28 year old 2nd/3rd string KPF to try and remain competitive. What I see as the best course of action for us moving forward is to set up the forward line around Lynch, put time and effort into developing the young KPPs that we've got on the list. Hit the draft/trade table and try and uncover a younger option that can step in and lead the forward line from 2025.

If that means in 2024 we have to go with a forward line with 2 of Ryan Bradtke Bauer Miller as the focal points, then so be it, what's the worse that can happen. We bottom out and get a top 5 pick to take to the draft or dangle at the trade table, on the flip side we'd quickly find out if those guys are worth continuing with, or need to be shipped off for someone new.
Yeah fair enough. Pretty hard to knock Blair and Co's moves over the last 8 years or so. So we shall see, I'm sure they have a well thought out plan.

We won't be bottoming out, the club has already said. That's why I expect we'll chase him hard.

Yeah fair enough. Pretty hard to knock Blair and Co's moves over the last 8 years or so. So we shall see, I'm sure they have a well thought out plan.

We won't be bottoming out, the club has already said. That's why I expect we'll chase him hard.
Just because they say we're not bottoming out doesn't mean that it can't happen.

Ridiculous that we've been deprived of seeing him for an entire seaosn.
Ridiculous is one word for it. I can't think of too many players that have missed an entire season with a hamstring injury.

Ridiculous is one word for it. I can't think of too many players that have missed an entire season with a hamstring injury.
Richmond Medical Department
Young-Frankenstein-Review-Banner.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off-contract Richmond defender Hugo Ralphsmith is seen as a potentially gettable trade asset for rival clubs to consider this off-season.

Ralphsmith signed a two-year extension in 2021 as a teenager, having made his debut that season and notched up a further five games in the yellow and black as an exciting dasher out of defence.

The 21-year-old played 13 games last year and has featured in as many matches in 2023, however five have come as the tactical sub.

Ralphsmith was a target for GWS last year as the New South Wales side looked to broker a deal with Richmond over star midfielder Jacob Hopper, who had requested a move to Punt Road at the conclusion of 2022.

Negotiations between the two clubs were drawn out over the Giants' hopes for a better trade package, with both Ralphsmith and Tigers ruckman Ivan Soldo raised as targets for GWS in the trade talks.

Soldo went as far as meeting with the Giants, while the Tigers were quick to shut down any potential move that included Ralphsmith. The Tigers would eventually hand over their 2023 first-round selection and Pick 31, while picks 53 and 63 would land with the Tigers alongside Hopper.

Off-contract Richmond defender Hugo Ralphsmith is seen as a potentially gettable trade asset for rival clubs to consider this off-season.

Ralphsmith signed a two-year extension in 2021 as a teenager, having made his debut that season and notched up a further five games in the yellow and black as an exciting dasher out of defence.

The 21-year-old played 13 games last year and has featured in as many matches in 2023, however five have come as the tactical sub.

Ralphsmith was a target for GWS last year as the New South Wales side looked to broker a deal with Richmond over star midfielder Jacob Hopper, who had requested a move to Punt Road at the conclusion of 2022.

Negotiations between the two clubs were drawn out over the Giants' hopes for a better trade package, with both Ralphsmith and Tigers ruckman Ivan Soldo raised as targets for GWS in the trade talks.

Soldo went as far as meeting with the Giants, while the Tigers were quick to shut down any potential move that included Ralphsmith. The Tigers would eventually hand over their 2023 first-round selection and Pick 31, while picks 53 and 63 would land with the Tigers alongside Hopper.

Good. Has too many unfixable flaws to have a future with us.

Good. Has too many unfixable flaws to have a future with us.
What you mean is that he's a future top 30 player in the AFL, and demands a good draft pick in return :cool:

What you mean is that he's a future top 30 player in the AFL, and demands a good draft pick in return :cool:
Haha yes. Has so much potential that we don't want to risk him getting injured, so we make him sub every week ;)

His constant missing of targets is because his team mates are running to the wrong spot.

Bulldogs have another key forward father-son potentially going within the first round. They got JUH from the NGA, Sam Darcy as father-son, and now Jordan Croft. That’s potentially their KPF stock sorted for the next generation.

Is Charlie Naish looking good or nah? Doesn’t look like he’s even near the first round in Twomey’s July Phantom Draft.

Bulldogs have another key forward father-son potentially going within the first round. They got JUH from the NGA, Sam Darcy as father-son, and now Jordan Croft. That’s potentially their KPF stock sorted for the next generation.

Is Charlie Naish looking good or nah? Doesn’t look like he’s even near the first round in Twomey’s July Phantom Draft.
I am yet to listen to the Bigfooty podcast with Chris Naish? was Charlie talked about.

I am yet to listen to the Bigfooty podcast with Chris Naish? was Charlie talked about.
I have no idea either tbh. Hopefully Charlie Naish ends up a quality player because we haven’t had any father-son/NGA prospects become star players since Richo and Bowden.

Teams like Collingwood, Essendon, Western Bulldogs, and Geelong seem to have generational talent coming through from that avenue.

I have no idea either tbh. Hopefully Charlie Naish ends up a quality player because we haven’t had any father-son/NGA prospects become star players since Richo and Bowden.

Teams like Collingwood, Essendon, Western Bulldogs, and Geelong seem to have generational talent coming through from that avenue.
Father son alone has set Geelong up, part of the reason they are yet to really bottom out. Ours in the time I have followed Richmond.

David Bourke - 85 games however I never really rated him
Steven Morris - 87 games. More a VFL player then AFL
Andrew Raines - 56? games
Tom Roach - 11 games never rated.
Patrick Naish

Not a strong list that's for sure. Does not help most of our players have daughters.

Unfortunately we can’t really worry about it or plan around it either

It just will be whatever it will be and purely luck

All we can hope is at some point our club reaps the rewards of the system again

i would be chasing brodie grundy and bailey sniff grundy would come cheap as collingwood and melb paying the wage and a big upgrade on nank who i reckon is just about battered while smith would solve our wing problem and would be a huge upgrade on either kmac or pickett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back