Recruiting Trade & Free Agency V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a read through the De Goey thread on the Pies' board. Some interesting facts I wasn't aware of...

- After the bullshit story about playing with his dog, I never realized he didn't even own one! Lolwut?

- One poster mentioned sending him to talk to Darren Milane's mum about what she went through due to her own son's recklessness, at which point it was mentioned that he had a BAC of 0.322! ******* hell.

- Not a 'fact', but you'd think so by the way some over there are going on about it. That is, that Tom Lynch is coming to Collingwood. All that seems to be the sticking point is a sufficient trade, which is where young Jordan's name has been bandied about quite a bit.

Imagine you are GC Suns and you're desperately trying to change the undisciplined party culture that has made your club a laughing stock. Not only does your best player want out (hypothetically), but to 'satisfy' your trade, you are offered the exact kind of player that has been like poison to your culture- talented, but enjoying themselves WAY too much away from footy.

Honestly, were Lynch to nominate Collingwood (if he even leaves) and GC were stupid enough to take De Goey, after the s**t they've caused for themselves, they deserve to go out of business.
Hawthorne and Collingwood fans are desperately trying to stay relevant re: Lynch. In what world would you go to either of those clubs when the reigning premiers are knocking on your door?

Hawthorne and Collingwood fans are desperately trying to stay relevant re: Lynch. In what world would you go to either of those clubs when the reigning premiers are knocking on your door?
We won't be knocking on his door.

Fluffy is my wife’s cat.
a6f06e93272800a04a1c5935ef3cf716--diffrent-strokes-television.jpg

Imagine this scenario.

Stringer comes out, gets his sh*t together off-field, puts in an AA season and wins our b&f.
Next offseason we pick up De Goey for a 2nd rounder, he keeps his nose clean, stays out of trouble and is a vital cog for our side which goes deep into September.

All of a sudden we are the ultimate destination club.

Have wanted DeGoey for two years - He's got the tools to be an excellent inside midfielder, if he can get the off-field right - He's damaged goods so he'll cost a second rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage, No to De Gory as I can see McGrath becoming the monster mid we have needed, along with Smith, ZMerrett, Parish, Hepp, Goddard, Zaka and maybe Stringer, Langford, Begley, Mutch and LaVardee then the midfield is starting to look pretty good.

At this stage, No to De Gory as I can see McGrath becoming the monster mid we have needed, along with Smith, ZMerrett, Parish, Hepp, Goddard, Zaka and maybe Stringer, Langford, Begley, Mutch and LaVardee then the midfield is starting to look pretty good.
McGrath to become a monster?

I don't get the excitement about De Goey. Hasn't done that much and has issues off field. Ollie Wines on the other hand would tick all the boxes for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back