Bird
Goddard

I would also like to see these guys play inside Mid by end of 2018

Begley
Laverde
Langford
Mutch
Francis

Who else would like to see Ambrose become Ambruise in the middle?

So at the moment we have

Out: Watson, Stanton, Kelly, Hocking

In: Smith, Saad, Stringer.

We need to use three draft picks so need to delist at least another 2 players.

Goodbye to Alex Morgan and Jackson Merrett?

Jackson Merrett worth delisting a rookie spot?
Ben Howlett may be in some trouble as well.
Morgan has serious speed but his body in wafer strong.

Jackson Merrett worth delisting a rookie spot?
Ben Howlett may be in some trouble as well.
Morgan has serious speed but his body in wafer strong.

Reckon Howlett (and Bird) were safe due to us losing Watson and needing some bigger bodies as depth.

I could see us delisting both Morgan and Jerrett and then picking both up on the rookie list (Long and McKernans delisted from rookie list)

For 2018 inside grunt & hunt will be from

Stringer
Hepp
Myers
Bird
Goddard

Begley
Laverde
Langford
Mutch
Francis

Agree with all of this with the exception of Ambrose in the middle. He hasn't shown any aptitude as a midfielder (e.g. quick hands, vision, bursting from a pack, getting a lot of possessions). He is ideally suited to be a close checking run with defender and has excelled too many times in the last 20 to 30 games to mess with this role.

For 2018 inside grunt & hunt will be from

Stringer
Hepp
Myers
Bird
Goddard

Begley
Laverde
Langford
Mutch
Francis

Well you definitely live up to the 'mad' part of your name

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But yet happy to travel with his bulldog mates. He said unlikely and not a straight no like the media and Connors are pushing as Connors is desperate to get the deal done so he can get more $$$ and to show he didn't fail in his quest to get a player to where he said he would.
Reckon that no he said is valid now?

So at the moment Essendon has 1 free senior list spot, 1 free category A rookie list spot and 1 free category B rookie list spot.
Can only see Essendon taking the minimum of 3 players in the draft with 1 possibly being a rookie upgrade which would be Draper.

So at the very least 2 senior listed players need to be delisted and extra ones for any delisted free agents signed.
Morgan and Jackson Merrett would be the easiest from the senior list followed by Bird and Howlett depending on any delisted free agency signings. Long and McKernan on the Cat A rookie list also the easy decisions. Green given a 1 year deal.

I prefer to see Bird, Howlett, Morgan and Jackson Merrett delisted. Sign 2 delisted free agents such as Miles (if available as upgrade on Bird). Draft 2 players via 3rd and 4th round picks. Upgrade Draper to senior list. Delist Long and McKernan so then recruit 4 cat A rookies and 1 cat B rookie.

One aspect I was quietly chuffed with was with the speculation around Colyer potentially being on the trade table. For him (via his manager) saying 'No I want to stay' says a lot. I know he is a quality kid but facing the real reality he might not be best 22 next year must say something about the club right now.

I hope stringer has started getting miles into his legs. Big preseason coming up

One aspect I was quietly chuffed with was with the speculation around Colyer potentially being on the trade table. For him (via his manager) saying 'No I want to stay' says a lot. I know he is a quality kid but facing the real reality he might not be best 22 next year must say something about the club right now.
Competition for outside run best 22 spots in mid/fwd will be intense next year if everyone is fit.

Reckon Colyer will be a lot cleaner in 2018, as will Myers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back