Recruiting Trade & Free Agency V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing trade period for the club. Credit where its due. Getting 3 guys into the best 22 and all of them in the low mid 20s in terms of age is exactly what we've been crying out for. They all have scope for improvement

You cannot have scripted it any better unless we got a Judd or Dangerfield type but generally 3 really good player is better than 1.

Get Stringer right and he can become anything. Imagine if Begley and Laverde come good with Stringer. Potential for a powerhouse side.

Just need 1 or 2 of our kids to come good now and we should be set for a sustained run at finals and challenging.
Get Stringer right and he can become anything. Imagine if Begley and Laverde come good with Stringer. Potential for a powerhouse side.
Wowee! That's what we are looking for!!!

Has to make up a lot of ground to be top 40 in the next draft. Both SA and WA have strong squads next year which generally pumps up the draft quality. Right now he would be 60 plus. If he plays a lot of school footy again and is fringe Metro he will still be 50 plus.
Will play same amount of school footy as cam Rayner did this year.. PEGS take footy very seriously and are consistently the best grammar school in vic behind Marcelin(zakas school)

Well, I for one was not keen on chasing three blokes like that. Amazing job to get all three and not sell the farm. Gotta love that rooster with many jackets, hair as good as Dean Martin and a chin Il Duce would be proud of.

With all of this, the general state of Essendon's list and the sale of that land going through, I think it's fair to say the whole Dodoro family is going to have the finest christmas ever!

It also takes all the pressure of Merv in a terrible time for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 2 for Lachie Weller??? Have I missed something?

Weller goes nicely enough, but you'd almost certainly get something better with pick 2. GC onviously truly, incredibly desperate for local talent.
I think they couldn't turn down a player who actually wanted to move there, and Freo knew that.

Please say d'Orazio...
Please indulge me as I answer your question via the scenic route.

Watching the trade with the Dogs play out, it occured to me that it reminded me of something I read in high school.

I had a look, and it was as though Connors had read it and decided to use it as his MO.

"Psychological siege warfare was also practiced by the Mongols. Some histories tell of Ghengis Khan erecting different coloured tents before the walls of a city to indicate what would happen to the city when it was conquered.

The white tent indicated the city and people would be spared if they surrendered (pre trade through to middle of week 1) The next day the red tent indicated all males would be killed (middle of week 1 to Tuesday afternoon) and the next day the black tent indicated death and destruction for the city and its population (Tuesday afternoon till they caved) Fear was often as successful at conquering a city for the Mongols as any physical weapon.

D' Orazio is the white tent. Unfortunately, we'll be negotiating with Genghis Khan, who doesn't negotiate.

Watching the trade with the Dogs play out, it occured to me that it reminded me of something I read in high school.

I had a look, and it was as though Connors had read it and decided to use it as his MO.

"Psychological siege warfare was also practiced by the Mongols. Some histories tell of Ghengis Khan erecting different coloured tents before the walls of a city to indicate what would happen to the city when it was conquered.

The white tent indicated the city and people would be spared if they surrendered (pre trade through to middle of week 1) The next day the red tent indicated all males would be killed (middle of week 1 to Tuesday afternoon) and the next day the black tent indicated death and destruction for the city and its population (Tuesday afternoon till they caved) Fear was often as successful at conquering a city for the Mongols as any physical weapon.

D' Orazio is the white tent. Unfortunately, we'll be negotiating with Genghis Khan, who doesn't negotiate.
Good players cost money to retain. There's no free lunches in the AFL. We'll pay him what he's worth and if he wants more than that then he'll * off and ruin some other club's salary cap management regime.

Made me think the great man and his jackets

Will play same amount of school footy as cam Rayner did this year.. PEGS take footy very seriously and are consistently the best grammar school in vic behind Marcelin(zakas school)
I went to PEGS and saw first hand how serious they were about footy, but St Pats in Ballarat is a football chirning machine. It's pumps them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back