Recruiting Trade & Free Agency V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the failure that the club has committed, and should take responsibility for. They should have been gauging interest in Stringer with other clubs before they fully committed to trading him. The information that they wanted to trade him leaked well before they even knew what they wanted for him in a trade, and who they were trading him to. Then the terrible and predictable smear campaign started.

Straight away they were on the back foot with potential suitors. It's terrible asset management.

They will end up with at best a mid first, or at worst multiple seconds, in an ordinary draft.

Well * me, a Dogs fan that gets it.

I don’t get the trade feed on the AFL site.

Some of the feed is relevant sure, but why is Chris Judd joining some peasant club in the inner northern suburbs I’ve never heard of remotely relevant to trade week?

Some of the feed is relevant sure, but why is Chris Judd joining some peasant club in the inner northern suburbs I’ve never heard of remotely relevant to trade week?

Because 24/7.

Dogs would have to throw something else into the mix. 25&30 would equate to late teen pick, not 13. Maybe Dogs and Eagles swap future picks
If the Bulldogs are actually only taking two picks into the draft like their fans keep claiming, why not add their pick 26?
If the difference between 15-40 is a minimal as they say then 3 picks in the 20-30 range could be worth it.

West Coast
Get: 25, 26, 30
Give: 13, 50

Bulldogs
Get: 13, 50
Give: Stringer, 26 (amazingly almost identical to our deal lol)

Essendon
Get: Stringer
Give: 25, 30

If the Bulldogs are actually only taking two picks into the draft like their fans keep claiming, why not add their pick 26?
If the difference between 15-40 is a minimal as they say then 3 picks in the 20-30 range could be worth it.

West Coast
Get: 25, 26, 30
Give: 13, 50

Bulldogs
Get: 13, 50
Give: Stringer, 26 (amazingly almost identical to our deal lol)

Essendon
Get: Stringer
Give: 25, 30
That would be awesome if they did that then claimed it as a win.

It is all a bit of a joke. I turned on trade radio at about 10 & Dwayno was on saying & I quote reasonably accurately - "Its been a huge morning here on trade radio & now to bring us up to date on all the goings on is Clinton someone."

So I thought 'ooh, maybe Stringer trade got done, or Kennedy, Sache etc' but for the next 10 minutes they just crapped on about absolutely nothing of any real relevance. Off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weren't they already going to take that as a win, but Gordo stepped in to wreck it?
Maybe I wouldn't know, but given as a club they rejected 11 & 47 for Stringer and 26 (now 28) it would be hilarious to then see that same club claim a lesser trade of 13 & 50 for 26 and Stringer a win.

If they accepted the first offer and claimed a win it would have at least been a mildly palatable plate of bullshit.

Last edited:
So it'd be 10 for Stringer? I doubt blues get 10 for Gibbs. It'd be 16. 16 alone won't get Stringer done. What else can they offer?

Sums up the Dogs thinking brilliantly. Even now after all the huff and puff and bluster pick 16 isn't enough.

* me dead.

If the dogs are only using 2 picks in the draft as has been suggest why not..

Ess out: 25, 2018 2nd
In: Stringer

Dogs out: Stringer, 28
In: 13, 2018 2nd

WCE out: 13
In: 25, 28.

Dogs use pick 9 & 13 and have an extra 2nd in next years “super draft”.
WCE get there 2 for 1 trade down.
We get Stringer for 2 2nd founders and keep pick 30 as our first pick this year.

Makes sense to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back