Recruiting Trade & Free Agency V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he actually any good? Serious question. Seems to one of those guys that plays in a crap side and never really does any thing or takes his game to the next level. I wouldn't have him about Myers and I don't really rate Myers
List clogger

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

We should trade Zerrett, Fantasia, Parish and Daniher in order to get a Cunnington or a Wines. Time to be bold.

Throw in Hurley too.
Id expect a Henderson type in return if Hurley is included in any deal.

Zerrett, fantasia, Parish, heppell and Hurley for Sloane, Howdy and a 3rd and 4th round pick.

Sloane will solve our midfield woes, Howdy will be a younger, better version of Hurley and a 3rd and 4th rounder in this upcoming mega super draft should land us an elite mid and someone like Hooker but 10x better when played forward.

EDIT - Hooker escapes trade for now coz he is more versatile than Hurley. He may even end up rucking if we need to throw in belly or leughy as steak knives in any trade.
They are just list cloggers anyway...draper can hold his own if they are traded.

Last edited:

Zerrett, fantasia, Parish, heppell and Hurley for Sloane, Howdy and a 3rd and 4th round pick.

Sloane will solve our midfield woes, Howdy will be a younger, better version of Hurley and a 3rd and 4th rounder in this upcoming mega super draft should land us an elite mid and someone like Hooker but 10x better when played forward.

Who's Howdy?

Dont know how reliabel this is but

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/...aide-crows/12b175y1tz6ou1jiatbbzqg0sa/slide/1

Rory’s papers are stamped, but to where?

Adelaide vice-captain Rory Sloane’s wife Belinda is already packing boxes and wrapping the glassware in old newspapers, as the couple prepares to return home to Victoria to start a family.

Where the removal truck will be unloading is still a mystery, but I’m told it might be around the Essendon neighbourhood.

The Bombers are into Sloane up to their elbows as they try to complete a premiership midfield, and they have the money to make an offer he can’t refuse.

Those babies aren’t cheap, you know.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/...aide-crows/12b175y1tz6ou1jiatbbzqg0sa/slide/1

Adelaide vice-captain Rory Sloane’s wife Belinda is already packing boxes and wrapping the glassware in old newspapers, as the couple prepares to return home to Victoria to start a family.

Where the removal truck will be unloading is still a mystery, but I’m told it might be around the Essendon neighbourhood.

The Bombers are into Sloane up to their elbows as they try to complete a premiership midfield, and they have the money to make an offer he can’t refuse.

This is by far the most nothing 'article' I've read.

EDIT - Hooker escapes trade for now coz he is more versatile than Hurley. He may even end up rucking if we need to throw in belly or leughy as steak knives in any trade.
They are just list cloggers anyway...draper can hold his own if they are traded.

When did this become the delusional pearlers thread?

Sloane solve our midfield problems? He's certainly a gun mid, but he's not exactly the big bodied contested possession/clearance beast we need for that I'd go after Ollie Wines over Sloane. Only have to look at Wines' numbers at present to see how much a player like him would improve us.
  • Ranked 16th for total centre clearances.
  • Ranked 5th for total clearances.
  • Ranked 1st for total stoppage clearances.
  • Ranked 7th for total contested possessions.
  • Ranked 9th for total effective disposals.
  • Ranked 7th for total disposals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sloane solve our midfield problems? He's certainly a gun mid, but he's not exactly the big bodied contested possession/clearance beast we need for that I'd go after Ollie Wines over Sloane. Only have to look at Wines' numbers at present to see how much a player like him would improve us.

Time & time again.

It's beautiful.

Good gracious.

Taking. The. Piss.

She has started packing very early... must have a lot of stuff?

That alone was worth reading the article.

Sloane is a star. But nearing the end.
Move players and go after the GC CHF!?
Marks the ball.
Goes back and kicks lots of goals (straight).
That might help?

That all worked last year and it might have been even more effective in 2016 if we had a team but footy's moved on and we refuse to select the tools that we help us catch up (even if that means catching up for 2019).

Hard to believe that something as seemingly irrelevant as not picking up Koby Stevens two years ago could be such a harbinger of things to come. I think you have to give the club a degree of credit for attempting to address it (Parish and Smith bring it, Guelfi and Clarke look as if they are capable of coming in and playing roles), but the issue runs back years. For some reason we're the only club in the AFL that doesn't subscribe to the theory that you can never have enough good midfielders.

To be honest I'm a little bit miffed we pumped and dumped so early on the Stringer in the midfield experiment, even though he's obviously a complete natural in the forward line that's not where we need the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back