Recruiting Trade & Free Agency V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Towno78

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
What does Wallis bring that Myers doesn't ? Dylan Clarke possibly won't bring? This years first rounder won't possibly bring?
What does Myers bring again? Aside from his much lauded big body that is.
Clarke may very well turn out to be an excellent inside mid, but it's yet to be seen at AFL level, so probably a good idea to have more eggs in that basket (including our 1st round pick), especially the basket we all agree is desperately bare.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Wasn't Wallis one of the players that called Stringer out on radio before he left?

I'd only look at him if it is a good deal. Has he been any good since his injury?

I hope we're focused on getting Wines.

Oct 12, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Southampton
I don't believe Wallis is the style of player we should be targeting. He isn't a dominant contested player and doesn't possess any unique athletic attributes. He's what we should be looking for Clarke, Guelfi and Mynott to develop into over the next couple of years. Save the money and focus on bringing in a genuine big-bodied mid.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
I don't believe Wallis is the style of player we should be targeting. He isn't a dominant contested player and doesn't possess any unique athletic attributes. He's what we should be looking for Clarke, Guelfi and Mynott to develop into over the next couple of years. Save the money and focus on bringing in a genuine big-bodied mid.
If we can get a decent season out of Clarke, Langford, Laverde and Guelfi this year, and Mynott develops at VFL level ok, i'd be focusing on a ruckman who can double as another mid.
Guys like Gawn, NicNat, Nank, Grundy - they are good on the ground at adding pressure.
And our ruck division isn't looking great for when this list is likely to be ready for a flag tilt.

Old Stuckup

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea, 76s, Stars
If we can get a decent season out of Clarke, Langford, Laverde and Guelfi this year, and Mynott develops at VFL level ok, i'd be focusing on a ruckman who can double as another mid.
Guys like Gawn, NicNat, Nank, Grundy - they are good on the ground at adding pressure.
And our ruck division isn't looking great for when this list is likely to be ready for a flag tilt.
Scott Lycett would be handy.

What does Wallis bring that Myers doesn't ? Dylan Clarke possibly won't bring? This years first rounder won't possibly bring?
He is better than the first two.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Are we on 'How high will GWS's 2nd round selection be?' watch yet?
im predicting quite high.
injury is killing them.
Deledio out for another 10.
they've got some tough ones

Adel in SA
Lions in QLD
Eagles in WA
Richmond
Port in SA
Adel again
Sydney and Melbourne to finish the season off.

People underrate Wallis in full, uninjured flight, he's probably the player we're hoping Guelfi becomes. Quality inside midfielder, clearance, tackle and pressure player.

He's a little bit 'samey' and probably lacks a bit of a point of difference but he's rock solid, if he does leave the team that gets him will get a super hard working and quietly very effective footballer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back