Recruiting Trade & Free Agency V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the time compensation picks are handed out to Gold Coast (Lynch), Adelaide (Rory), West Coast (Gaff/McGovern), that pick will be about pick 30.
I reckon Lynch will stay. Gold Coast will give him 8 mil over 5 and the AFL will bump it up to 2 mil with ambassadorship or something

If gws continue to lose they certainly casn
hqdefault.jpg

Is Wines worth the 2 first rounders Port would ask for?? After a great start to the year his form has tapered off. I'm definitely on the big bodied midfielder band wagon but I reckon he will be expensive trade and could blow out the salary cap a bit when we have guys taking unders (Zerrett, Joey)

Is Wines worth the 2 first rounders Port would ask for?? After a great start to the year his form has tapered off. I'm definitely on the big bodied midfielder band wagon but I reckon he will be expensive trade and could blow out the salary cap a bit when we have guys taking unders (Zerrett, Joey)
Article on AFL.com says he is likely staying anyways.

Essendon looking for midfielder in trade market, but it won’t be Rory Sloane
JON RALPH, Herald Sun
an hour ago

ESSENDON will continue to be aggressive in the trade market as it searches for more established midfield depth.

But Rory Sloane’s age — he turns 29 next March — will count the Bombers out of a tilt for the Adelaide free agent.

Essendon will continue to cheer for the Giants’ downfall because its second-round draft pick is linked to Greater Western Sydney after last year’s Devon Smith trade.

The Bombers handed their 2018 second-round selection to the Suns for Adam Saad, but in an exchange of picks for Smith also swapped their 2018 third selection for the Giants’ 2018 second selection.

The GWS pick currently sits at No. 24, when the Bombers would have expected another top-four finish for the Giants.

The Bombers still have ample cap space despite last year’s acquisitions of Smith, Saad and former Western Bulldog Jake Stringer.

Essendon believes it paid fair prices when it re-signed the likes of Cale Hooker and Michael Hurley as they sat out a year of football for their supplements bans.

It has also cleared salary cap space with the departures of established players Patrick Ryder, Jake Carlisle, Jake Melksham and Michael Hibberd.

Essendon’s frenetic tackle pressure has helped put it back in finals contention but another onball bull would round out a list with few other weaknesses.

febf81a72d07fdb1936d3224c625fa38

Jake Stringer shows off some new artwork at Essendon training on Wednesday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e/news-story/2771634018a2b28e01cbaa1b8a8c53f2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wines is absolutely worth two first rounders.
I hope we have expressed an interest.

Nothing story.
Yep...pretty sure he bashed this story out in half an hour.
Johnny's day
10am roll into work and make a cuppa after a big night at the HOF
10.15-12 bang on to everyone in the tea room about the night before
12-1.30 lunch
1.30 geez I better get a story for tomoz
1.35 go through contacts on Moby
1.40-2pm call Essendon contact...you guys into Rory?? Nah mate too old, but will look at a few others
2-2.30 bash out a story, talk about the GWS pick, send it off to the subbies & tweet it out to your followers once it's online...done & done

Yep...pretty sure he bashed this story out in half an hour.
Johnny's day
10am roll into work and make a cuppa after a big night at the HOF
10.15-12 bang on to everyone in the tea room about the night before
12-1.30 lunch
1.30 geez I better get a story for tomoz
1.30-2 masturbates
2-2.30 bash out a story, talk about the GWS pick, send it off to the subbies & tweet it out to your followers once it's online...done & done
Efa

The article is just a take out from AFL Tonight, Jon Ralph & Julian de Stoop were discussing it.

Basically just saying that we have cap space and if we continue to play well, we become an attractive club for some younger inside mids.

The discussion derived from them discussing Ollie Wines' future. Basically just said he's Port bound, but if in the event he weren't interested, we'd be interested.

I doubt we'll have true 'big fish' cap room, but we do probably have 'add a nice piece' cap room if we elect to go that way.

Seems like a good year to just go to the draft though, the 22 seems settled enough, unless you can find someone that improves a position of need massively I suspect it's probably not a bad time to draft and stash a young key forward for a while and add another quality midfielder.

I doubt we'll have true 'big fish' cap room, but we do probably have 'add a nice piece' cap room if we elect to go that way.

Seems like a good year to just go to the draft though, the 22 seems settled enough, unless you can find someone that improves a position of need massively I suspect it's probably not a bad time to draft and stash a young key forward for a while and add another quality midfielder.
Wines, Sloane and Gaff make the headlines, but its not uncommon for contracted players to move. So we could be into any number of players.

Its also rather early in the season.
Still yet to see how the Lang/Lav combo goes, if Guelfi carves out a permanent role in the 22, Clarke makes a longer term jump, what Mutch can bring long term.
Also got Colyer out of his moon boot (sort out his fumbles and he's still a decent player to have).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back