Recruiting Trade & Free Agency V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't do it as a mid, if that's what you're getting at.

Call me cynical but I genuinely don’t think it matters anymore for someone like Townsend. Essentially all he’d be asked to do is throttle people and kick it as far forward as can.

It’s something I’d only do if it was one of those ‘come to us if you want to play senior footy’ cheapie type deals, and it’s only entered my head because of how fond Worsfold is of defensive forwards and the fact he’s managed by Scott Lucas who just went on radio and conceded him getting squeezed out so Lynch can get his millions is a real possibility.

I'm not having a go but why do people want him? It's so confusing to me.
He's VFL standard and slow as hell. Don't need slow players who play VFL.

Demons fans would be laughing if someone came knocking at their door asking for him.

Bloke would be playing if Melbourne wern't stacked with his type

An inside ball winning mid some one we lack

Bloke would be playing if Melbourne wern't stacked with his type

An inside ball winning mid some one we lack

He's more of a Heppell type, I think.

Can we throw him into the middle against the Pies and would he throw his weight around enough to be a factor? If he can then it's a no brainer but I don't know if it's his go.

He's lost his place at Melbourne basically to fit Harms in because Goodwin seems to be obsessed and he doesn't have the outside game that Melbourne needs to compliment their other inside mids.

Tyson can definitely play.

He's more of a Heppell type, I think.

Can we throw him into the middle against the Pies and would he throw his weight around enough to be a factor? If he can then it's a no brainer but I don't know if it's his go.

He's lost his place at Melbourne basically to fit Harms in because Goodwin seems to be obsessed and he doesn't have the outside game that Melbourne needs to compliment their other inside mids.

Tyson can definitely play.

I think he's worth a shot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really need to know the rule changes the AFL intend to implement before picking our targets, Slower inside mids with little spread may become liabilities if they speed up the game.
Very good point. Although if we're acquiring slower inside mids with little spread then so much for improving the list.

Very good point. Although if we're acquiring slower inside mids with little spread then so much for improving the list.

You can afford 1 or 2 of these types in modern footy I think, But the game may look very different next season every chance the AFL go overboard.

I think the faster the game is the better our current list looks IMO.

You can afford 1 or 2 of these types in modern footy I think, But the game may look very different next season every chance the AFL go overboard.

I think the faster the game is the better our current list looks IMO.
I think the main thing they're trying to look at at the moment is about reducing congestion at stoppages, which is where it could go against us. If outnumbering is our main technique for winning a clearance and that's taken away we'll find trouble.

We really need to know the rule changes the AFL intend to implement before picking our targets, Slower inside mids with little spread may become liabilities if they speed up the game.

True and with less congestion would players who can win first possesion also become more valuable as it appears getting the ball forward more often first from clearance could also result in a greater advantage.

How do we get both Brodie and Setterfield?

Would that be better than Hately/RCD?
we got Stringer, Smith, Saad and a 3rd rd pick upgrade into the 2nd for Pick 11, 30 & a future 2nd.

Brodie and Setterfield wouldn't be much harder.

A play for McGovern from Adelaide wouldn't be bad either.

Herald Sun are reporting adelaide want pick 1. Maybe we can get a Crouch or two and give them some ammunition to try and get it.
can't see them letting the Crouch brothers go just to get Lukosius.

If anything, i'd imagine Atkins could be on the table, along with their raft of picks.
Or McGovern if he decides he wants out.

I'd be talking to GCS if i were Adelaide.
Offer up their 2018 & 2019 1st, MFC 2018 1st and CFC 2019 2nd for 2 & 3 this year
They lose 4 picks, but could land Lukosius and Rankine.

If anything, i'd imagine Atkins could be on the table, along with their raft of picks.

Offer up their 2018 & 2019 1st, MFC 2018 1st and CFC 2019 2nd for 2 & 3 this year

I think it would be silly for Carlton to trade pick 1 unless they were getting at least one established player in return.

It could be mcgovern + their 1st, then target the other mcgovern through FA. Would give them 2 AFL players and a top 10 pick.

Could even go full crazy vossy and trade that top 10 + next years first for crouch brothers. With other picks making up the difference.

I like the premise of the deal you proposed, particularly because i think Carlton really need to go Sam Walsh with pick 1

But top 3 picks are highly valuable and sought after, and GCS will want more than that for pick 2 and 3 in a loaded draft. Assuming the picks they have year stay where they are, Adelaide will have 7, 13, 19 this year and maybe pick 10 next year (assuming adelaide finish 8th next year). That is not enough for two top 3 picks in a strong draft

With the picks they have i imagine it would take 4 firsts and a decent player (atkins?) To get both 2 and 3. Hypothetically say they get an 2019 1st for McGovern from Collingwood as part of the overall package (pick 17)

If you offered GCS 7, 13, 17 a 2019 first and Atkins for 2 and 3, they might say yes due to the shear volume of talent they need to add to fix their list and the volume of picks they would get, but that is a serious mortgage (4 picks and a decent player) to pay for Rankine and Lukosius.

I like the premise of the deal you proposed, particularly because i think Carlton really need to go Sam Walsh with pick 1

But top 3 picks are highly valuable and sought after, and GCS will want more than that for pick 2 and 3 in a loaded draft. Assuming the picks they have year stay where they are, Adelaide will have 7, 13, 19 this year and maybe pick 10 next year (assuming adelaide finish 8th next year). That is not enough for two top 3 picks in a strong draft

With the picks they have i imagine it would take 4 firsts and a decent player (atkins?) To get both 2 and 3. Hypothetically say they get an 2019 1st for McGovern from Collingwood as part of the overall package (pick 17)

If you offered GCS 7, 13, 17 a 2019 first and Atkins for 2 and 3, they might say yes due to the shear volume of talent they need to add to fix their list and the volume of picks they would get, but that is a serious mortgage (4 picks and a decent player) to pay for Rankine and Lukosius.
yeah. I think if Atkins is included, you'd think picks come out of the deal.

Forgetting the Gov part because he hasn't asked to move yet - perhaps MFC 1st, CFC 2nd, Atkins and future 1st for 2 and 3.
Otherwise, i'd gamble on Rankine sliding to their 1st.
Maybe deal with us for a crack at a top 5-6 player and gamble on Luko sliding too.

Lots of work for Adelaide to do on the scenarios.

yeah. I think if Atkins is included, you'd think picks come out of the deal.

Forgetting the Gov part because he hasn't asked to move yet - perhaps MFC 1st, CFC 2nd, Atkins and future 1st for 2 and 3.
Otherwise, i'd gamble on Rankine sliding to their 1st.
Maybe deal with us for a crack at a top 5-6 player and gamble on Luko sliding too.

Lots of work for Adelaide to do on the scenarios.
I think you are severely undervaluing picks 2 and 3.

Remember, you are passing on Rankine/Lukosius/Walsh/King twins by trading out to pick 7. That is valuable and gives GCS leverage.
Think about when we had pick 1 and were willing to trade.
The consensus value wastop 10 picks. Pick 2 and 3 would be little different seeing how even this draft is.
Alternatively, Fremantle got pick 7, McCarthy and a whole lot of favourable pick swaps for pick 3.

So using Adelaides currency they would be looking at say 7, 13 and their 2018 2nd for say pick 2 and GCS 3rd.
Then for pick 3 you would trade their future 1st (around 10ish?), likely pick 19 but because the future pick has uncertainty you would have to add an Atkins or another 1st from another trade now that compo for Sloane is out of the question.

So like you said, plenty of work for the Crows if they want pick 2 and 3. The cost would be a bit high for me though for two 18 year olds no matter hpw good they are...

With finals all but likely done and dusted, doubt we are going to fall outside the top 10 now. Would not be trading our 1st for anything really. Unless it is a top 20 player in the comp then it is a no from me. Hit the draft hard and finish off the holes in our list at the draft.

With a likely easier fixture (band 2 - resulting in more games against lower ranked sides this year) surely we can fix the shenanigans on field and have a real crack at finals in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back