Recruiting Trade & Free Agency V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon Shiel is a chance to go to Carlton. His family are Blues supporters. Carlton mate tells me that Judd is trying to convince Gaff to do likewise.

Carlton had a lot of injuries this season and despite being a way off being a finals contender, they played a lot of kids, a bit like us in 2015. Would not be surprised if they improve a lot.

Bolton makes some wierd moves, such a 1 player up forward against 5 Crows last game. Not sure if he is the right man for them.
Shiel to Carlton makes no sense to me, irrespective that he barracked for them. Carlton are the antithesis of GWS in every aspect. If you’re going to leave, why go to a team that’s so far away from finals, let alone premiership contention?

Not saying it’s not a possibility, I just don’t get it.

As for Bolton, he’d be desperate for SOS to lure some talent into the club. If they don’t improve fast, his job will be in jeopardy.

Shiel to Carlton makes no sense to me, irrespective that he barracked for them. Carlton are the antithesis of GWS in every aspect. If you’re going to leave, why go to a team that’s so far away from finals, let alone premiership contention?

Not saying it’s not a possibility, I just don’t get it.

As for Bolton, he’d be desperate for SOS to lure some talent into the club. If they don’t improve fast, his job will be in jeopardy.
As much as I hate Carlton, they are a big Melbourne club and are a sleeping giant in terms of supporter base and funding. They have a couple of young guns in Cripps and Curnow and #1 draft pick. They have lots of salary cap remaining. And could build a strong team of ready made stars to complement their youngsters. Don't think they are as far off as people think.

As much as I hate Carlton, they are a big Melbourne club and are a sleeping giant in terms of supporter base and funding. They have a couple of young guns in Cripps and Curnow and #1 draft pick. They have lots of salary cap remaining. And could build a strong team of ready made stars to complement their youngsters. Don't think they are as far off as people think.
Excluding Cripps and Curnow, the development of their high draft picks has been underwhelming. I think Weitering is actually worse now than his debut year?

Agree, they’re a sleeping giant - but as TheGreatBarryB pointed out earlier; he would essentially be signing his career away to never win a flag/play finals again, given his age.

Personally, I think SOS has head****** a lot of people, but come trade period we’ll really see what’s going to happen.

Charlie Curnow is fast becoming the most over rated player in the compeition imho.

Don't get me wrong, has the physical attributes to be one of the best in the comp but gee whiz, he is underwhelming in between.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Judd, Nick Stevens...

I’ll give you Judd, one of the very rare ones. In this day of FA will rarely happen again.

Stevens - a man with many off field issues, then and now.

Jake Stringer? - kicked out by Dogs
Adam Treloar? - Pies weren’t that low and finals chance

Brad Hill? - brother factor and only other WA not interested
Tom Mitchell? - half the squad was still full of premiership players
Jake Carlisle? - saga and thought he was going to one of upcoming clubs

Charlie Curnow is fast becoming the most over rated player in the compeition imho.

Don't get me wrong, has the physical attributes to be one of the best in the comp but gee whiz, he is underwhelming in between.

Hey??

Ablett. Look where he ended up as a result!

When Ablett joined Suns everyone thought it would be matter of time before they made finals. Also a lot of good players left afterwards.

He's no Franga, that's for sure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ll give you Judd, one of the very rare ones. In this day of FA will rarely happen again.

Stevens - a man with many off field issues, then and now.

Agreed!! Also Stevens wanted Collingwood,Port took a stance and sent him into PSD to prevent others for leaving, he then reluctantly had to go to Carlton.

Who said stringer went to a bottom club from a contender? Went to a team that just made the finals??? Although went to a team that had Mark Neeld involved in it..

Not far off it. Carlton apparently are hoping not just for priority picks. They want a friendlier draw and the ability to draft 1-2 big name stars into the club. Joke.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...n/news-story/2dcfe002fd5223d64c5150880c58e6de
The part that’s most farcical above all, is that their current state of shitness is entirely their own fault. They forced their experienced players either to the trade table or into retirement, to blood kids that weren’t ready and as a result, they are rewarded with priority picks.

Ridiculous.

Carlscum are a joke and the AFL will eventually lose long time supporters if they give that mob handouts. The days of buying / being given premierships are over, time to pull the finger out and do something to help themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back