Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(sigh) Well done, you guys beat us yet again:(, but only through by weak negotiations by us. Absolute disaster by Silvangi in the end, GWS didn't want to trade Shiel to you's as your initial deal was pretty poor and they were basically willing to give him to us if we traded pick 1, but for SOS to only offer next years 1st round pick is pretty poor.

Heck why waste our time if your going to offer rubbish like that. The people on the Carlton board just don't get it, they say we had a "moral victory" in getting you guys to pay more, you don't get any ting for coming close and the reality for us is that Essendon have landed 2 big fish in 2 years while we haven't landed 1 since Judd.

Pretty embarrassed as a blues fan as I'm sure many others would be however once again congrats to you guys for getting your man and I'm sure Shiel will only add to Essendon's push for a flag, something the blokes in charge of our footy club don't seem to care much about in the foreseeable future.

*en rat turncoat dog

So Scott Gullan was talking straight out of his coight
Or passing on GWS trade tactics.

Media are always going to be scummy whores, we have some in our pocket others have their own.

I know everyone wants dodorofest 2018 king genius jackets man but what did he actually do this period?

A: missed his main target that he'd been working on for 2 years

B: had a player fall in his lap by pure chance that he even said suprised him

C: even after said player chose to deal exclusively with us, and was from a club in desperate cap trouble and giving players away for chips...still allowed it to drag out til ten mins from stumps. For pretty much the original asking price.

Sure he's been good in recent times but this year was just a tick, no extra fanfare.

Great business.

Sam Lloyd?

I know everyone wants dodorofest 2018 king genius jackets man but what did he actually do this period?

A: missed his main target that he'd been working on for 2 years

B: had a player fall in his lap by pure chance that he even said suprised him

Well B's kinda the reason why A happened.... I'm sure if Shiel had nominated someone else he would've got Jack Martin.

Always next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha yes, pardon my intrusion, but if we are united in one thing, it's our mutual distaste for one another. that guy is a turncoat dog
We just landed Shiel. so watching a couple of Carlton fans take shots at each other on our board is like the tiramisu after the 500gm rib eye.

We just landed Shiel. so watching a couple of Carlton fans take shots at each other on our board is like the tiramisu after the 500gm rib eye.

Capped off beautifully...

Guess we’re intruding and need to give them some space to sort out their feelings toward one another...

Nope restrictions are only applied to trading future first if you havnt made 2 First round picks in 4 years. We still have with 2 in 2015

But we’ve now traded ours firsts out in 2017, 2018 & 2019. So for the 4 year period of 2017-2020 won’t we therefore have to use 2 in 2020 (or trade into 2019 first round)!?

Or are there set 4 year brackets that I’m unaware of?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(sigh) Well done, you guys beat us yet again:(, but only through by weak negotiations by us. Absolute disaster by Silvangi in the end, GWS didn't want to trade Shiel to you's as your initial deal was pretty poor and they were basically willing to give him to us if we traded pick 1, but for SOS to only offer next years 1st round pick is pretty poor.

Heck why waste our time if your going to offer rubbish like that. The people on the Carlton board just don't get it, they say we had a "moral victory" in getting you guys to pay more, you don't get any ting for coming close and the reality for us is that Essendon have landed 2 big fish in 2 years while we haven't landed 1 since Judd.

Pretty embarrassed as a blues fan as I'm sure many others would be however once again congrats to you guys for getting your man and I'm sure Shiel will only add to Essendon's push for a flag, something the blokes in charge of our footy club don't seem to care much about in the foreseeable future.
****en rat turncoat dog
t3nww8k.gif

But we’ve now traded ours firsts out in 2017, 2018 & 2019. So for the 4 year period of 2017-2020 won’t we therefore have to use 2 in 2020 (or trade into 2019 first round)!?

Or are there set 4 year brackets that I’m unaware of?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rule states only restrictions will be applued to trading Future forst round picks if 2 first rounders hvant been selected in the 4 year period previous.

Pretty much that cbf finding it again and quoting again.

I did think you had to take 2 first in a given 4 year period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back