Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not full time but pinch hit when Bellcho comes off for a rest I don't want to see Daniher get used in the ruck and McKernan is a bit short.
McKernan is taller and heavier. Brown far too light for the ruck.

It seems to me they just look at the previous 4 years when deciding whether you can trade a future 1st.
Forget about how it will look in 2020 for now.
When 2019 trade period comes around we will have taken 3 1sts from 2015-2018. That’s all they are concerned with so we are good to go with trading more future picks.

When 2020 comes around, if we haven’t taken 4 1sts in the 2016-2019 period, as seems likely at this stage unless we bring in more 1sts, we may be restricted from trading further future picks (depending how the AFL are feeling at the time).

It seems to me they just look at the previous 4 years when deciding whether you can trade a future 1st.
Forget about how it will look in 2020 for now.
When 2019 trade period comes around we will have taken 3 1sts from 2015-2018. That’s all they are concerned with so we are good to go with trading more future picks.

When 2020 comes around, if we haven’t taken 4 1sts in the 2016-2019 period, as seems likely at this stage unless we bring in more 1sts, we may be restricted from trading further future picks (depending how the AFL are feeling at the time).

Deleted my earlier post because in fairness to McGowan if that's the case it's a fair summary.

If we can trade ourselves to the point that we haven't had a first round pick for 4 years and that fits in with the rule to prevent that scenario from happening so be it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if they're smart they go 1 for 3 and 6, then try to turn 3 (Rankine) into 5 and 10.

1. Walsh
2. Lukosius
3. Rankine
4. Blakey (StK bid, Syd match)
5. M King
6. Rozee
7. Smith
8. Thomas (WB bid, NM match)
9. Caldwell
10. Hately
11. B King
12. Williams (Yes, better forward but is still a good ruck)

I think if they're smart they go 1 for 3 and 6, then try to turn 3 (Rankine) into 5 and 10.

1. Walsh
2. Lukosius
3. Rankine
5. M King
6. Rozee
7. Smith
9. Caldwell
10. Hately
11. B King
Who is they?

Gold Coast would be silly to do that deal imo. Surely they’re better served getting 3 SA mates up there together and try and get them all to stay rather than 1 Vic and 1 SA boy

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gold Coast would be silly to do that deal imo. Surely they’re better served getting 3 SA mates up there together and try and get them all to stay rather than 1 Vic and 1 SA boy

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's what I'm doing as GC. Or trying to turn 3 into 5 and 10 to get Lukosius/Rozee/Hately/Valente (leadership a big tick)

1. Walsh
2. Lukosius
3. Rankine
5. M King
6. Rozee
7. Smith
9. Caldwell
10. Hately
11. B King
You don't need to be smart, you need other clubs to be morons to make those trades. Giving up 3 and 6 for 1 and 5 and 10 for 3 would be so dumb.

You don't need to be smart, you need other clubs to be morons to make those trades. Giving up 3 and 6 for 1 and 5 and 10 for 3 would be so dumb.

Only chance would be one of the SA based clubs willing to pay completely over the top to get access to the SA player they want.

Doubt it will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back