Red Black and Blue

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Fantasia, Tippa, Baguley, Beglye even.

I'm not too worried about that TBH.
That’s not a lot, West Coast took five into the Grand Final (Rioli, Cripps, Le Cras, Ryan and Venebles) and Richmond similar the year before. Definitely an area of need with Begleys health a question mark, Baguleys age and Fantasias durability.

yaco55

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Essendon
Dodora/Woosha must hate Campbell too. It's the only plausible explanation.
Campbell has yet to show he is AFL standard - There are no world-beaters in the ruck at the Bulldogs and he still struggled to play regular AFL footy - I am not too excited about Clarke but he has proven to be AFL standard, though you could question his durability.

eth-dog

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
That’s not a lot, West Coast took five into the Grand Final (Rioli, Cripps, Le Cras, Ryan and Venebles) and Richmond similar the year before. Definitely an area of need with Begleys health a question mark, Baguleys age and Fantasias durability.
Cripps was basically a winger second half of the year and Venables played a lot of midfield minutes too.

Red Black and Blue

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Cripps was basically a winger second half of the year and Venables played a lot of midfield minutes too.
Sure, though I dispute the significant midfield minutes of Venables, did not see him play anything close to noteworthy minutes, but the point continues with Richmond and Doggies the two years prior. Having an abundance of small pacy players that can rotate through a pocket or flank is pretty effective right now and we certainly don’t have strong depth in that position with Merrett and Green delisted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Santoz

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Knicks
Having an abundance of small pacy players that can rotate through a pocket or flank is pretty effective right now and we certainly don’t have strong depth in that position with Merrett and Green delisted.
Green was no good though.

Let's drag Robbie Nahas back out of the VFL based on that line of thinking and we should be competing in no time :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Red Black and Blue

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Green was no good though.

Let's drag Robbie Nahas back out of the VFL based on that line of thinking and we should be competing in no time :thumbsu::thumbsu:
I didn’t say he was good. Simply that we removed that type of player from the list and generally you aim to keep a list balance within reason. Could add Colyer to that as well. That’s three small forwards/high half forwards gone. You’d assume we’d replace at least one of them.

Jade

Smug lives here.
AFL Club
Essendon
I’d have preferred we kept Leuey and gone for a purely speculative 18yo tall, but it is what it is.

Clarke was good in the WAFL by all reports, we could do a lot worse as second stringer to Bellchambers.

AFL Club
Essendon
I’d have preferred we kept Leuey and gone for a purely speculative 18yo tall, but it is what it is.

Clarke was good in the WAFL by all reports, we could do a lot worse as second stringer to Bellchambers.
Nah, leunberger couldn’t handle the step up into seniors, he knew his body was finished. Clarke is a solid back up but I think Draper will get his chances next year if opportunity presents itself.

Mids and small forwards should be our focus... speed kills

Jade

Smug lives here.
AFL Club
Essendon
Nah, leunberger couldn’t handle the step up into seniors, he knew his body was finished. Clarke is a solid back up but I think Draper will get his chances next year if opportunity presents itself.

Mids and small forwards should be our focus... speed kills
Draper is something special. He's an absurd talent.

Towno78

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Essendon
Campbell has yet to show he is AFL standard - There are no world-beaters in the ruck at the Bulldogs and he still struggled to play regular AFL footy - I am not too excited about Clarke but he has proven to be AFL standard, though you could question his durability.
Sorry Yaco, it was a joke mate

Foxx

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
Needed another forward/ruck. Very important role. Only had McKernan and Daniher on the list. I slso think Daniher might be cooked again this year.

Top Bottom