Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 13, 2007
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Yankees, Chelseas, YCW.
Is it a stretch to say that Campbell is possibly our 2nd preference for a backup ruck (behind say Clarke?) and we'll go to the draft hoping to get our first preference, but if they're gone, settle for Campbell? Too much reading into it?

Mason falls on his sword so we get the ruck rookie? Hopefully the club gives him some gig ... or ask Dusty to pick up the pocket money rate.
I suspect Mason will play quite a few games as our 23rd player next year.

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Really hope we poach Kyron Hayden from Norf. Incredibly powerful inside bull, just needs to improve his running (which will come with continuity in his football).
I loved Hayden last year. I'd have a look for sure. Big bodied kid who has over come injuries this year.

Jacques_

Senior List
Jun 22, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Zac Clarke close to signing apparently, what’s everyone’s thoughts? I haven’t seen enough of him to have an opinion

Zac Clarke close to signing apparently, what’s everyone’s thoughts? I haven’t seen enough of him to have an opinion
Eh. Campbell a better forward but Clarke better around the ground to Campbell. Back up ruck is back up.

If I'm Clarke I'd sooner back myself to beat Hickey out for the #1 spot at West Coast next year and still play WAFL football as a ruckman rather than move to Vic and be a clear cut #2 to Bellchambers and probably play mostly forward whilst we try to develop Draper in the ruck.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
If I'm Clarke I'd sooner back myself to beat Hickey out for the #1 spot at West Coast next year and still play WAFL football as a ruckman rather than move to Vic and be a clear cut #2 to Bellchambers and probably play mostly forward whilst we try to develop Draper in the ruck.
Clarke might well beat out Hickey but Natinui will be back next year towards the back end of the season and Vardy provides more up forward.
At 28 and formerly delisted, Clarke hasn't got the luxury to wait a couple years or next year to try break in to a team.

Regardless, if he is drafted then he hasnt got a choice i suppose.

Clarke might well beat out Hickey but Natinui will be back next year towards the back end of the season and Vardy provides more up forward.
At 28 and formerly delisted, Clarke hasn't got the luxury to wait a couple years or next year to try break in to a team.

Regardless, if he is drafted then he hasnt got a choice i suppose.
If he beats out Hickey he has the opportunity to move himself ahead of Vardy. If he beats out Hickey he's the clearcut #2 behind Nic Nat with dicky knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back