Clarke, Dylan - Delist/Trade

Francis, Aaron - Re-Sign 3 years

Guelfi, Matt - Re-Sign 2 years

Hartley, Michael - Delist/Trade

McDonald-Tipungwuti, Anthony - Re-Sign 2 years

Myers, David - Delist/Trade

Parish, Darcy - Re-Sign 3 years

Redman, Mason- Re-Sign 1 year

Frang the most important. Then parish. I think mainly because there would be other clubs targeting them while they're still young and have so much upside. Tippa i couldnt picture going anywhere. He's essendon to the core.

I doubt that we will delist more than one mature KPP who is good depth.

Clarke looms as the most interesting player on that list.

With a squeeze for spots at the end of the year I'd say he starts as a 30/70 chance of staying. That's based on his ability to sort out his kicking.

If he can sort it out, like get it to VFL standard, he could be a really good player with more tricks than the ordinary soldier.

2019 Out of contract players

Ambrose, Patrick - Delist

Baguley, Mark - Delist/Retire

Brown, Mitch - Delist

At least this list is not full of 'must sign' players. It's still January, so we can hopefully lock away some of the priority signings early and see how the rest play out over the year.

I want to give Walla a 3 year deal. Same with Francis. Parish, Redman 2 years. Brown, Hartley, Ambrose, Myers 1 year at this point in time. Unsure on the rest.

Brown, Mitch - Delist

I think a lot will depend on whether we win a flag or not, if we did bag number 17 then I can see Myer, Bags and maybe even Bellchambers retiring.

Brown, Hartley and maybe Dea might also move on next year.

Clarke is an interesting one, he was the only draftee to play a poor first game but i thought that was more to do with the speed of the game more than anything so he might go better next time.

Brown, Mitch - Delist

Do like Redman
If he can get back in and get some games, i reckon he may warrant a 2 year contract.

Like all the rest though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are the key forwards and inside mids we should have an eye on?
Not many in the FA pool.
Libba is one but I suspect he would sign again.

Brown, Mitch - Delist

I would give Tippa 3

I am wondering if we are at the point where we need to bring in some old heads not to play but to simply drive standards.

Someone like Will Schofield from West Coast who would be on the outer with their young group coming through. Has his eye on joining the media once he retires but would help build our defense up and set good standards for training and working hard.

That is just one example and not my suggestion.

Instead of trying to win trade period we just need to pull in some pieces that will help push standards and wanting to play the right way.

I am wondering if we are at the point where we need to bring in some old heads not to play but to simply drive standards.

Someone like Will Schofield from West Coast who would be on the outer with their young group coming through. Has his eye on joining the media once he retires but would help build our defense up and set good standards for training and working hard.

Instead of trying to win trade period we just need to pull in some pieces that will help push standards and wanting to play the right way.
I'm thinking the opposite. I think we need to trade out a player or two with some value to bring in some youth to give us the spark/energy. And by youth, I mean genuine midfielders.

We have to be bold to revitalise our list. Zaharakis and Hurley up for grabs. Someone in their premiership window will pay a good price for them. Would also maybe look at someone like Parish as we have too many players like him.

Richmond were bold in getting rid of Deledio, but it netted them a premiership.

I'm thinking the opposite. I think we need to trade out a player or two with some value to bring in some youth to give us the spark/energy. And by youth, I mean genuine midfielders.

We have to be bold to revitalise our list. Zaharakis and Hurley up for grabs. Someone in their premiership window will pay a good price for them. Would also maybe look at someone like Parish as we have too many players like him.

Absolutely not Hurley

Absolutely not Hurley

Absolutely yes. Who else do we have with a bit of currency that we can trade. His actual output is vastly overrated but there'll be still clubs in the window that will give up a bit to get him.

How do we play all of Hurley, Hooker, Ambrose, Francis, Ridley, BZT in the backline next year?

We have to be bold.

I'm not, unless they're to replace sackings. Kelly + Rutten. If we need a clean out, it seems like Harvey and Skipworth might be the deadwood.

Absolutely yes. Who else do we have with a bit of currency that we can trade. His actual output is vastly overrated but there'll be still clubs in the window that will give up a bit to get him.

How do we play all of Hurley, Hooker, Ambrose, Francis, Ridley, BZT in the backline next year?

We have to be bold.
Depending on how we go this year, I'd even say Hooker. His agility and mobility is only going to decrease and when it does it will be more sudden than Hurley. We have so much young defensive talent it would be a shame to squander. We also have young Fletch coming through. Who becomes our KPB, I don't know. And as I said it would depend on how crap we go.

We could do both.

I am talking about signing a veteren to help drive standards. Like Mummy at GWS, Hodge at Brisbane, Mitchell at WC.

I only used Schofield because I think he would come cheap and we could offer him media work in the centre of AFL. Happy to explore others.

I would trade Zaka in a heartbeat.

It's too early to be talking about de-listings and re-listings.

Let's do what we didn't do last year.

Let's learn about our list first and then work out who we need and who we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back