Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am laughing, yes.

tongue in cheek statement because it was rediculous the AFL gave it to Blues and Suns last year.

However it’s opened Pandora’s box and for nearly every argument why they were rewarded those rights there’d be a counter argument to stake our case.

The only 1 we couldn’t? Blues have had more wooden spoons.

Anyone who thinks the mid season draft will solve any issues this year is mistaken. Have spoken to a few and watched a few games and seriously I would rather play Zac Clarke who had heaps better form than any of them last year. You would want to be looking at a project player as there is nothing there that would be up to playing this year.

Anyone who thinks the mid season draft will solve any issues this year is mistaken. Have spoken to a few and watched a few games and seriously I would rather play Zac Clarke who had heaps better form than any of them last year. You would want to be looking at a project player as there is nothing there that would be up to playing this year.
You mentioned you wathed the state game, what was Knoll like in the ruck for SA?

You mentioned you wathed the state game, what was Knoll like in the ruck for SA?

His tap work looked okay and he found a bit of the ball around the ground but he is still a bit of a work in progress despite being 26 as he has only had 3 years of footy. He was better than the two WA rucks . To me he looks like a bloke that should have been cat b rookie.
As the AFL site mentioned Oliver Eastland had a decent season last year and a good finals series but he has been average this year.
If you have a look at Zak Clarkes stats in the WAFL GF it show how much he was ahead of the rest in WA. 17 disposals.7 marks. 4 tackles. 50 hit outs and kicked 1.1. Too bad he has fallen a long way short of that.

So there is nothing there that is even worth trying to grab to protect against tbell and Clarke going down?

So there is nothing there that is even worth trying to grab to protect against tbell and Clarke going down?
Guess it depends whether they consider the season to be a write off at this point. If that’s the case then you look at your needs for round 1 2019. If this season is still a sneaking chance then you look at how best to finish the year.

McKernan will return within the month as well remember.

I am with Ant555 on this one. We dont need the additional ruck. I would prefer to spend our pick on either
1. State league star midfielder to challenge our current midfield (Jye Bolton, Marlion Pickett etc) and be our Menegola or Tim kelly (in type, not necessarily brownlow level form like the latter)
2. Genuine small forward with upside as our depth behind Bags is shoddy and Fanta is always injured (Adam Tipungwuti, Corey Rich, Sam Lowson - although he is unlikely as blues really like him)
3. Project player who missed out on last year but is showing upside (Ben Kelly, Mitch Riordan, Harry Nolan

We need to take the opportunity to pick a guy we are looking at picking up at the end of the year ahead of time. 6 months of extra development would be a handy headstart.

Last edited:
Guess it depends whether they consider the season to be a write off at this point. If that’s the case then you look at your needs for round 1 2019. If this season is still a sneaking chance then you look at how best to finish the year.

It's really more about whether the ruck we could play is worth drafting because he can make an impact this year.

Sure he could get his hand to the ball more than McKernan, for example, but there is the around the ground work of McKerna which would offset the loss of hit outs.

Sier for a second.

Mid season draft - a tough mid who can run both ways, can tackle,fierce at the contest and has some skills as Dev is injured

This means not a Langford, Myers, Zaharakis type.

So Jye Bolton or Pickett could be immediate impact players if one is given a go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So a **** player like Tom Boyd is retired yet we continue to stick with even shitter footballers like Jake Long.

Seems legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a strange connection to make.

So a **** player like Tom Boyd is retired yet we continue to stick with even shitter footballers like Jake Long.

Seems legit

This comment wont age well for you.

Tom obviously had some serious and problematic mental health issues going on which means he never reached his potential, which is second only to his health in reality.

Intead of leaving the guy to leave the game in peace, you give him a back hander on the way out in order to lament another completely irrelevant player being on our list.

Suffice to say, thats poor form.

Seems legit

Yeah, If only Jake Long could get a mental illness.....

You make some very s**t posts at times man, but this is right up there

Seems legit

Not one of your best mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back