Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Hombsch not just Ambrose with less running capacity?
Nah, better mark and kick imo. Also plays more on your Hooker's and Hawkins' rather than Riewoldt's and Membrey's

Hombsch is actually a very good key defender, and would settle Hooker forward permanently. Ken not playing him has been one of the more perplexing things this season.
Hombsch was absolutely terrible this year. 2 years ago he looked great but now looks near cooked. Ambrose is a lot better

I beg to differ.

Using the AFL Player Ratings as a proxy for impact, this is Stewart with and without Daniher this year.

With Daniher (Rds 1 - 7): 9.8 pts
Without Daniher (Rds 8 - 11): 4.2 pts

So what you call 'hardly declined' is actually a 58% decline in production. That seems sizable to me. To put these numbers in context: 9.8 pts a game would comfortably sit among the top 20 key forwards in the league if replicated over the course of a season. 4.2 pts though is absolutely putrid and the equivalent of running around a man down.

This is particularly interesting since the team itself improved greatly the moment Daniher was rested, which should have, all else equal, led to greater opportunities for Stewart.

Okay that's one part of it. No doubt that he only played one good game in the side without Daniher, though if he kicks 2 goal instead of 2 points against Richmond I doubt anyone is complaining and he probably plays out the season in the 1s.

What is the cause of it? Why can't he play in a side without Daniher?

Carlton was probably the worst game of footy we played. Richmond absolutely shut us down too.

I'll bet it will be something about the number 1 defender but that doesn't make any sense when McKernan was the deepest forward getting the number 1 in those games.

Just thinking aloud here:

Freo's pick 5 and 77 swap for our 8 and 62.
Saint's pick 3 and 75 swap with our pick 8 and 30.
Makes us closer to getting Shiel (in GWS' eyes at least).
Recon they would go for it?

Hombsch was absolutely terrible this year. 2 years ago he looked great but now looks near cooked. Ambrose is a lot better

I think most Port supporters would agree. Give me Ambrose any day. Pittard is rubbish, absolute s**t kick.

Polec suits North's short-term needs, and they've got the cap space so makes sense. Why not use it? They also can trade out their first this year since it may be used on Tarryn Thomas, and get a player and a later pick back to use as points on Thomas. So it makes a lot of sense.

St Kilda going hard with their problems just reeks of them having no plan.
It also reeks of hilarious if norf miss out on another player.

Nah, better mark and kick imo. Also plays more on your Hooker's and Hawkins' rather than Riewoldt's and Membrey's

Negligible on all fronts IMO, and we'd presumably have to give something to get him in the door. Ambrose, Hurley, Hartley and Hooker (who I still see as a forward but I'll lump him in anyway) are all cut out of the Hombsch cloth in terms of mobility, speed off the mark and leap which is why I'm pretty much ruling him out straight off the bat as a non starter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints want Polec too and have blow Norths offer out of the water lols

Polec is nothing special reeks of desperation from both clubs

I think Polec is what the saints need and is a better fit then Hannebery, it certainly helps jack Stevens with teams run and carry. Money being offered is rediculous but... your worth as much as the market is willing to pay.

You know one thing, if there is a position that we don't need covered it's another tall defender.

If we take him it probably means that we think that he's genuinely good.
A little tidbit means that we can not recruit him if he slips right through and still have first rights on him next year as a father son.

Mention this morning on SEN (unreliable source I know) about Jack Steven & Billing’s possibly requesting trades.
I’ve got no interest in Billing’s but Steven would be work a crack - fits the ‘S’ criteria...
thoughts?

Mention this morning on SEN (unreliable source I know) about Jack Steven & Billing’s possibly requesting trades.
I’ve got no interest in Billing’s but Steven would be work a crack - fits the ‘S’ criteria...
thoughts?

Coach will be sacked before they trade Steven surely.

Reports saying Jasper Pittard and Jack Hombsch being shopped fairly aggressively.

So apparently by Kochie saying "everything is on the table" he actually means "somebody take some of our scraps and pay overs to speed up our shoddy attempt at a rebuild"

Pittard is horrible. I will spew if we were to trade for him. I'd spew if they traded him p lol us a second rounder ... for our 4th!!

Port are a joke. s**t talking egos of Kocky and Hinkley. After the Ryder thing I am so happy to see this. The way things are in the AFL now that list is going to take too much to rebuild. They won't do it properly because their egos won't allow it. Get out the tarps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back