Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not something I'd considered before, but not really surprising when you consider that 18 clubs are involved in the trade period, and a lot of fans are emotionally invested in whether they're getting a key player or losing a favourite one. Finals series starts with eight emotionally invested sets of fans, and ends with just two, although I suspect the Grand Final gets more viewers than the last night of trade week.

Honestly how the heck are they going to televise that? Last year they had a webcam set up in the HQ office where the trade paperwork was lodged, with trade radio commentators describing who had entered the room and speculating about what the trade would be based on which club that person belonged to. That was ridiculous enough.
That’s pretty much what Gleeson said regarding having all 18 clubs involved, and also the hope and expectations people have attached to bringing new players into the clubs.

He also reckons that the fantasy football side of things as got people interested in trading and list management more than a decade or so and now every nuffy thinks they’re a hot shot list manager.

I don’t think it really matters how they do the final day telecast, enough sad individuals will watch it slavishly and absorb enough advertising and sponsors slogans to make it worthwhile for the AFL

The end of trade week is only a few days away, and the posters of the Essendon board are salty. They are ready to eat their own guts and ask for seconds. The moderators are proud to see that we are growing beyond their control. Bigfooty does not want robots. Bigfooty wants killers.

That’s pretty much what Gleeson said regarding having all 18 clubs involved, and also the hope and expectations people have attached to bringing new players into the clubs.

He also reckons that the fantasy football side of things as got people interested in trading and list management more than a decade or so and now every nuffy thinks they’re a hot shot list manager.

I don’t think it really matters how they do the final day telecast, enough sad individuals will watch it slavishly and absorb enough advertising and sponsors slogans to make it worthwhile for the AFL
I couldn’t think of anything worse!!

Coming on here is bad enough, for me :D

The end of trade week is only a few days away, and the posters of the Essendon board are salty. They are ready to eat their own guts and ask for seconds. The moderators are proud to see that we are growing beyond their control. Bigfooty does not want robots. Bigfooty wants killers.

84283.jpg

Out of curiosity, are the Hawks regarded as having the best medical team in the AFL? I read that somewhere else and wondered if it was true, where does Essendon rate vs the other clubs and whether that's at all a factor for Scully?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well their supposed big gun in the medical team was just poached by Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those boards better watch out.

P.S Kara is back.;)
I feel sorry for whoever my partner is on Wednesday. They may not be back for weeks.

I know, but I have like 10 episodes of different shows I need to catch up on :(. Is Sam back though? I needs my Sam.

Would this work

Pick 9 2018, Pick 32 2018, 2019 1st
For
Dylan Shiel, Pick 14 2018

It effectively values Shiel at a first rounder, a second rounder and an upgrade of their 2018 1st into the top 10. Basically half way in between what the two parties want.
Maybe RCD with pick 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back