Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wants to leave due to a lack of opportunity, then Collingwood don't really have much bargaining power. Wasn't a top 10 pick by any means either. Will end up going for a mid 2nd rounder/early 3rd.
Agree, players lose value if they are not playing AFL. Also, there were some 'off-field' issues, (I can't confirm on the level of truth behind it) around poor training standards mentioned on BF.

Would see if a club in need of outside type midfielders like Melbourne or St Kilda were interested in Zaharakis.

A mini overhaul of senior players are needed i reckon, like Port did last year with Polec, Pittard, Wingard etc. Zaharakis would have currency and Pidgeon could fill his role well.

Would swap Zaka + GWS second (32ish) for their first (currently 5-8ish but might go up). Not trying to go all essington madfan but the current senior group needs a rejig as it is isnt working
That could all be moot though if he doesnt want to go as he is contracted.
I think this is wise. We need to get back into the first round of the draft, and as much a team man as Zaka is, the one-eyed club approach to players is silly. He will always be welcome at Tulla regardless.

Would see if a club in need of outside type midfielders like Melbourne or St Kilda were interested in Zaharakis.

A mini overhaul of senior players are needed i reckon, like Port did last year with Polec, Pittard, Wingard etc. Zaharakis would have currency and Pidgeon could fill his role well.

Would swap Zaka + GWS second (32ish) for their first (currently 5-8ish but might go up). Not trying to go all essington madfan but the current senior group needs a rejig as it is isnt working
That could all be moot though if he doesnt want to go as he is contracted.
No one in there right mind would give up a top 10 pick for Zaha and 32. Crazy talk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows gave up 2 firsts for Gibbs, it's a crazy crazy world.
Gibbs was Carlton’s best player and carrying the team most weeks. Yeah it’s was probably overs and he has fallen off a cliff but he was probably at his peak and a far better player than Zaha.

No way. Simpson has always carried that team of asses.
debatable but regardless, 2 firsts was simply insane.
Right or wrong I couldn’t be bothered talking about Bryce Gibbs. David Zaharakis isn’t worth a first rounder. He wouldn’t even get you an upgrade with a first rounder attached.

Will Cripps have had enough of being mired with Carlton. Come on over to Tulla, Crippsy.

As good as Clarke was Cripps looked a broken man. Didn’t even look frustrated by the tag just dejected by his never ending reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back