Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarke has been okay. Not good. Just okay. He's a better player than Ceglar and comfortably so.
Sorry I didn't realise you were going full Eth on this one.

I'll stop bringing rationality into the thread.

Sorry I didn't realise you were going full Eth on this one.

I'll stop bringing rationality into the thread.
What, calling a spud (Ceglar) a spud?

FFS you're all acting as if I'm calling Goldstein crap or something. I'm not. I'm calling someone who's never averaged over 3 marks a game or 25 hit outs a game a spud. Literally every club has at least one ruck averaging more hit outs than him this season. Last year only one (Bulldogs, with a 19 year old English and forward with mental health issues Boyd) didn't. 2016 only Carlton and the Bulldogs. He's s**t. Even Hawthorne fans think so, a group as notorious as us for overrating the s**t out of their players.

Freo are into Tim English where does that leave Darcy?

While English is probably going to be the improvement on Grundy, if such a thing is possible, I'm not sure why they'd invest so heavily in that position of the ground.

Lobb is more than adequate and they're probably not going to be able to play him forward with Taberner, Hogan and McCarthy.

I suppose if there were 6 talls you'd play forward and ruck they'd be the 6 (on account of extreme mobility for the size).

FFS you're all acting as if I'm calling Goldstein crap or something. I'm not. I'm calling someone who's never averaged over 3 marks a game or 25 hit outs a game a spud. Literally every club has at least one ruck averaging more hit outs than him this season. Last year only one (Bulldogs, with a 19 year old English and forward with mental health issues Boyd) didn't. 2016 only Carlton and the Bulldogs. He's ****. Even Hawthorne fans think so, a group as notorious as us for overrating the **** out of their players.

Isn't that because he plays forward while McEvoy is "spudding it up" in the ruck?

No.

Cherry picking the part of Bruno's post that you reply to and completely ignoring his valid Draper/Clarke argument because it smashes your theory.

Then when you actually try to address it you completely overrated Clarke and underrated Ceglar to try and pretend you're still right.

That's going full Eth. So wedded to an idea you refuse to address any point or completely exaggerate to dismiss any argument that dares threaten it.

FFS you're all acting as if I'm calling Goldstein crap or something. I'm not. I'm calling someone who's never averaged over 3 marks a game or 25 hit outs a game a spud. Literally every club has at least one ruck averaging more hit outs than him this season. Last year only one (Bulldogs, with a 19 year old English and forward with mental health issues Boyd) didn't. 2016 only Carlton and the Bulldogs. He's ****. Even Hawthorne fans think so, a group as notorious as us for overrating the **** out of their players.

Of course he's going to average less hit outs when he's played most of his career games to date with Ben McEvoy. Also you're wrong about him never averaging over 3 marks a game, he is is averaging 4.8 this season. Also if you're bringing career numbers into it, Clarke averages 6 fewer hit outs then Ceglar does, while playing a similar role.

Last edited:
I'd go with:

embarrassing
terrible
poor
not AFL standard
mediocre
okay/serviceable
good
very good
great
elite

Elite is basically AA standard to me anyway. I really don't understand why you'd have nondescript below terrible and poor, terrible is bad, nondescript is meh.

Ceglar is ****. He's shown to be a plodder for the vast majority of his career and is lucky that he's one of Clarko's favourites, never been that good forward, never been that good in the ruck, but always seems to get games.

Yep. Clarke is a better player than Ceglar. Ceglar is crap.

Did you actually watch Clarke’s senior games? He’s an absolute mile off AFL standard.

Id love a shot at Sean Darcy if Freo go after English. And i can see Freo doing that as i believe they brought Lobb in as a fwd/ruck, not a predominate ruck.

Although in saying that Geelong are also reportedly looking for a young ruck, and Darcy is a falcons lad so they might be in with a better shot.

In that scenario Zac Smith would be an interesting pick up. A clear upgrad on Clarke and old enough that he wont be a hinderance to Drapers long term development, while being adequate and young enough to have a couple of years of decent service in him. He may well be available regardless of Darcy.

Let the ruck merry go round begin!

whats the scale for performance adjectives from bottom to top?

does it go

not AFL standard
embarrassing
nondescript
terrible
poor
okay
serviceable
good
great
super
elite
AA standard

?
moved a few around and added a couple

not even VFL standard
VFL standard
not AFL standard
embarrassing
terrible
still young
poor
nondescript
has potential
serviceable
building
B - grade
good
on the rise
great
really elevated his game
super
A - grade
elite
AA standard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course he's going to average less hit outs when he's played most of his career games to date with Ben McEvoy. Also you're wrong about him never averaging over 3 marks a game, he is is averaging 4.8 this season. Also if you're bringing career numbers into it, Clarke averages 6 fewer hit outs then Ceglar does, while playing a similar role.
I meant to say before this season. Let's see if he keeps it up, however I'd still have Clarke ahead, Sandilands would have played far higher percentage ruck than McEvoy for obvious reasons. Also I never brought career numbers into it,was talking individual seasons over his career.

Ceglar is a guy that has never really been that good in the ruck, never been that good forward and never been that good around the ground.

I meant to say before this season. Let's see if he keeps it up, however I'd still have Clarke ahead, Sandilands would have played far higher percentage ruck than McEvoy for obvious reasons. Also I never brought career numbers into it,was talking individual seasons over his career.

Ceglar is a guy that has never really been that good in the ruck, never been that good forward and never been that good around the ground.

giphy.gif

Ryder dropped. Just sayin...

More interestingly, Sam Powell Pepper dropped...
Somehow I doubt the players would want him back even if he wanted back.

We need a Hlll type of runner

Not just one.

We’ve improved that area a fair bit of late so we’ve clearly identified it as a weakness but still a ways to go because all the strong endurance athletes we’ve brought in are still young and unproven in Redman, Snelling, Ham, Jok, Clarke.

The only bloke we’ve got that’s got in our current midfield rotation that’s got that combination of elite speed and elite endurance is McGrath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back