Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who, Mathieson? When it all boils down, a 23 year old isn't going to make a decision worth hundreds of thousands of dollars for the opportunity to play with a mate, particularly when that mate isn't guaranteed to be playing AFL football after his current contract runs out. This is one of the more bizarre player movement theories going around at the moment.
He slso seems to have become good mates with McGrath. They're developing some good chemistry. I'd be surprised and disappointed if he chose to leave. He's just starting to yield dividends.

I've seen Bonar's name pop up a few times in discussion (pun intended). Is this a rumour or are we just speculating? Because he's one I would definitely want to chase, Ex-Haileybury boy not getting a run up there, wouldn't cost the world and funnily enough used with the pick we gave GWS for Dev.

I've seen Bonar's name pop up a few times in discussion (pun intended). Is this a rumour or are we just speculating? Because he's one I would definitely want to chase, Ex-Haileybury boy not getting a run up there, wouldn't cost the world and funnily enough used with the pick we gave GWS for Dev.
GWS have an academy kid who is looking to go close to top 5.
We could potentially get our pick back, plus Bonar, via loading them up with later points.

I would imagine if its salary unloading they're after, they wont be trying to recoup Pick 11 (which funnily enough was our pick originally too)

Hey all sorry to intrude. Good win on the weekend. There is a bit of talk about Tippa possibly leaving. Don't think he will personally but if for whatever reason he does i'm curious to see what you guys think he would be worth?

Hey all sorry to intrude. Good win on the weekend. There is a bit of talk about Tippa possibly leaving. Don't think he will personally but if for whatever reason he does i'm curious to see what you guys think he would be worth?
Hard to say. Hopefully a first rounder.

A lot of uncontracted young talent still to sign up for us. Wouldn't mind seeing some pen to paper soon.

HS said contracts on the way for two young guns with one being Parish but don't know the other player article behind the paywall I'm guessing Redman?

Here you go mate.

The Bombers are working on a new deals for emerging pair Darcy Parish and Aaron Francis.

The pair are both out of contract at season’s end and have had up and down seasons in their fourth years.

After a slow start, Parish, pick No. 5 in 2015, has improved since the middle part of the season, with back-to-back 31-possesison games in Rounds 10 and 11.

Francis, pick No. 6, finished last season in red-hot form but has been unable to replicate that this year, amid stints in the forward line and defence.

Talks are expected to progress over the next month or two as Essendon attempts to move into the eight.

Here you go mate.

The Bombers are working on a new deals for emerging pair Darcy Parish and Aaron Francis.

The pair are both out of contract at season’s end and have had up and down seasons in their fourth years.

After a slow start, Parish, pick No. 5 in 2015, has improved since the middle part of the season, with back-to-back 31-possesison games in Rounds 10 and 11.

Francis, pick No. 6, finished last season in red-hot form but has been unable to replicate that this year, amid stints in the forward line and defence.

Talks are expected to progress over the next month or two as Essendon attempts to move into the eight.

How did you get pass the paywall or are you HS subscriber?

With all their midfield injuries at the moment he surely gets a crack? Hately, Bonar, Caldwell and Shipley probably play 10 games in 2019 at most other clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just posted in the tippa thread but will add it here. Make it of it what you will, but have heard whispers Tippa not happy at Essendon and has knocked back revised offers of more money/years to sign on.

Just posted in the tippa thread but will add it here. Make it of it what you will, but have heard whispers Tippa not happy at Essendon and has knocked back revised offers of more money/years to sign on.
Yeh but he looks so good in red and black, no other team can offer him such a complementary colour scheme.

If the suns were serious they had Hocking as an option or Myers this year and that's just from this club. There are loads of players with 14 games left in their bodies who can offer something to that club and help protect them from these late season drop offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back