Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good to sledge, but what's the solution then?

Not pie in the sky fantasies.

The solution is hard but needs to happen.

We need to lose every person who was apart of the drug saga. We won't succeed till they are gone.

We need a hard reset on the culture of the club.

*Worsfold gone, Caracella in.
*Crow gone, anyone competent in.
*Dodoro gone, someone who has apprenticed under Wright or Wells in.
*Heppell, Hooker, Hurley, Zaka, Bellchambers and Myers traded for whatever we can get for them. Don't try and win the trade, we ****ed them over, try to get them some success somewhere.
*See if Roughhead wants to come as a forward coach, play another year to work with Daniher and the rest.

We need to lose every person who was apart of the drug saga. We won't succeed till they are gone.

*Heppell, Hooker, Hurley, Zaka, Bellchambers and Myers traded for whatever we can get for them. Don't try and win the trade, we f’ed them over, try to get them some success somewhere.
*See if Roughhead wants to come as a forward coach, play another year to work with Daniher and the rest.
Who are Wright and Wells, and where are they? I've just posted elsewhere that we should look at who Brisbane, Geelong and WC have doing their recruiting.

Fully fit, i don't think things are that dire outside the forward line and ruck.

Francis Hooker Hurley^
Saad Ambrose McKenna
Merrett Clarke Shiel
Daniher
Tippa
Stringer* Parish
McGrath Smith Redman* Heppell

*Redman and Stringer to be used more on the ball.
^I would throw Hurley up to entice a gun clearance winner. Cogs, Wines, Taranto (I wish). Someone of that ilk. If they aren't on the table, no big loss.

>60% of our fwd line needs addressing. And the two i'd keep have question marks on staying.
We need to improve the ruck situation too

Grabbing some depth for the middle in Constable and Sier wouldn't be bad options.
But should be prioritised after the fwd line.
I actually don't mind the way Stringer's being used now, especially in the absence of Daniher. Problem is absence of Langford even when Langford's there shows we need that player.

I actually don't mind the way Stringer's being used now, especially in the absence of Daniher. Problem is absence of Langford even when Langford's there shows we need that player.
I like a midfield core of Stringer Clarke Parish Shiel and Merrett, supported by Redman, McGrath and Heppell.

But if you lose Hurley to upgrade on that midfield, Redman can slide back. So can Heppell for that matter.
It would take the right player - a see ball, get ball, tackling, clearance mid. Watching the difference Neale has made to Brisbane this year has me thinking we are that one piece from finishing the middle (Plus a ruck obviously).

Would love to know how Brisbane are keeping their guys fit too.

*Heppell, Hooker, Hurley, Zaka, Bellchambers and Myers traded for whatever we can get for them. Don't try and win the trade, we f’ed them over, try to get them some success somewhere.
Those 3 are big trades. All 3 are leaders, and very experienced.
Not impossible to trade them, but you don't ship them out the door for unders -> Dees did that. Set them back years.

I don't see Heppell being traded or wanting to go anywhere else.

Those 3 are big trades. All 3 are leaders, and very experienced.
Not impossible to trade them, but you don't ship them out the door for unders -> Dees did that. Set them back years.

I don't see Heppell being traded or wanting to go anywhere else.

That is why I said it would be hard.

Probably trading for unders is not the right way to put it. Just don't make the trade difficult. Let them nominate somewhere and then make it happen.

That is why I said it would be hard.

Probably trading for unders is not the right way to put it. Just don't make the trade difficult. Let them nominate somewhere and then make it happen.
I doubt they'd leave.
But we should drop Hooker and Heppell, let them get surgery and ready for 2020. Asking them to play injured is poor form.

The rest i'd offer up to see who bites.
Zaka may have suitors.
TBC may be of interest to GWS or Sydney. Even the dogs to give English a chop out.

I like a midfield core of Stringer Clarke Parish Shiel and Merrett, supported by Redman, McGrath and Heppell.

But if you lose Hurley to upgrade on that midfield, Redman can slide back. So can Heppell for that matter.
It would take the right player - a see ball, get ball, tackling, clearance mid. Watching the difference Neale has made to Brisbane this year has me thinking we are that one piece from finishing the middle (Plus a ruck obviously).

eDPS mentioned Corey Lyons at Brisbane not getting a game. Obviously not elite like Neale, but we don't have that currency anyway.

eDPS mentioned Corey Lyons at Brisbane not getting a game. Obviously not elite like Neale, but we don't have that currency anyway.
I don't think Lyons is an upgrade on any of those. But handy enough for depth
Charlie Constable would be another

We'd have to lose something good (i.e. Hurley) to get someone who'd upgrade on Redman/Heppell in the middle.
But if it meant Cogs or Wines in - i'd take a look.

The more I think about it, the more what yaco55 said rings true.

Big bodied inside midfielder is probably the second easiest position to fill through the draft (behind a hbf). Identifying the right one is a different story though.

Paying overs for Constable whom is only a slight upgrade on what we have isn't making that much sense. If we identify a talent that would be delisted (ie a Corey Lyons) then that would be ok but paying overs for a slight upgrade would be a poor decision.

How do you propose Redman or Heppell slide back to fill a hole if Hurley isn’t there?

He’s a KPD, they are not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you propose Redman or Heppell slide back to fill a hole if Hurley isn’t there?

He’s a KPD, they are not.
Ambrose plus hooker and francis give us height down back.
I mentioned earlier that if we traded hurley you could target someone like keath as a replacement if we felt we needed it.

But i would keep hartley around and back BZT and Ridley to come through.

Again, this is assuming a top shelf mid is on the table.

I'm keen to see the results of our trade and draft period.
Reason for this is I believe that a number of players we thought would be cornerstones of our future haven't come on or been injured.
We have holes everywhere across the ground except maybe the backline so I'm keen to see how our list and coaching people prioritise these and also who we trade out and what we get for them.
I hope we keep Hartley. He's 26 and good solid depth. And hooker is almost 31 and I fear the end for him is almost near.

Ambrose plus hooker and francis give us height down back.
I mentioned earlier that if we traded hurley you could target someone like keath as a replacement if we felt we needed it.

But i would keep hartley around and back BZT and Ridley to come through.

Again, this is assuming a top shelf mid is on the table.
...or Ben King.

Geelong won't let CC leave. Selwood's + GAJ are either done or a year or two away from. Kelly possibly leaving back to WA means CC will get a lot more chances.

Hurley + Langford / Laverde for King+ Brodie for a start.

Regarding fitness.

Probably because Fagan and noble tell the players what to do with Luke hodge advocating that message of demands and expectations throughout the playing group.

Rather than us allowing the players to dictate terms we need someone to take charge and bring in old skool training, training in heat, training in sand, sand dunes, repeat hill sprints. Train them to the bones and see who complains and who push through the pain barriers.

Geelong won't let CC leave. Selwood's + GAJ are either done or a year or two away from. Kelly possibly leaving back to WA means CC will get a lot more chances.

Hurley + Langford / Laverde for King+ Brodie for a start.
Yeah if Gold Coast do that deal they should be folded immediately.

Hind looking good for the saints. Quick half forward with decent skills that goes hard. Everything we wished from Baguley.

I'm keen to see the results of our trade and draft period.
Reason for this is I believe that a number of players we thought would be cornerstones of our future haven't come on or been injured.
We have holes everywhere across the ground except maybe the backline so I'm keen to see how our list and coaching people prioritise these and also who we trade out and what we get for them.
I hope we keep Hartley. He's 26 and good solid depth. And hooker is almost 31 and I fear the end for him is almost near.
agree
Though it isn't panic stations time just yet.

I'd be looking at whats out there for players who just aren't delivering and could do with a fresh start.

If we could grab 2 of Nicholls, A.Smith, Sean Darcy or Scott Jones cheap enough, i would test the waters with GWS with TBC with a challenger looking for a ruck. GWS for example. They may only get 2 years out of him, but it's right as they're challenging.

Keeping Hartley is fine. Hooker + Hurley + either of Ambrose/Francis is a strong KPD setup. He'd have to be willing to be depth still.

Trade
Zaka
Langford
Laverde

Trade if we have to
Francis
Tippa
Draper

Explore their long term plans/thinking
Daniher
Fantasia
Hurley