Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaff will cost pick 8. No chance WC don't match our bid.

Edit: FWIW i think he becomes a Roo.
I don’t reckon he will be a Roo. Norf threw up big money offers for Kelly and Martin and instead they ended up with Alex Morgan.

All Norf have to offer is a decent salary.

If he decides to come back; which I think is increasingly likely as he still hasn’t resigned, he would be considering the state of the list, finals prospects, big games/crowds, coaching panel and how he will adapt.

A lot of other VIC clubs make for a better fit imo.

Have no interest in Gaff.

Absolutely none.

Price dependant.

If he wants us to match a stupid North Melbourne pity offer and/or we have to match a bid for him and he costs us a first round pick I'm probably out. But he's the same age as Heppell, he's got a game that is going to age pretty well, he brings finals experience and he's got an obvious positive link to Worsfold.

I would like Shiel and I would like Parker more, but have we not been chasing a gun midfielder for the last 15 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have no interest in Gaff.

Absolutely none.

Curious why so?

He is a big game player, has a game that we do require somewhat, and is in the right age bracket to help impact us for a medium > long term (5+ years). He seems a pretty durable sort of player as well.

We do have guys like Zaka, McGrath, Fantasia who could all become what Gaff is but they are currently exceptional in other positions (Zaha perhaps on the other wing or HB where he played some decent footy this year).

As a free hit, he is absolutely someone I would target. Without having to give up draft picks, a way to improve our list must surely be explored.

Having Gaff on huge money that will probably only put him behind Hurley/Hooker isn’t exactly a ‘free hit’.
Yeah, that line of thinking completely baffles me when people think players don't cost anything because you can get them in FA and don't have to trade for them. Cap room is a cost, it's not exactly some infinite thing.

Reckon we are a 50% chance of getting Gaff and 25% chance of getting Shiel. Gaff has already met with our players on multiple occasions. Don't think Shiel has met with anybody Essendon.

The story about Gaff being a straight replacement for Goddard re salary puts us below Norths offer. So reckon it comes down to "will he prefer to play for his original mentor Woosha or is money the overriding carrot."

After tax, there is not much difference. And I reckon if you are on $1mill or more, it puts enormous pressure on the player to perform eg Boyd at Bulldogs.

People People People!!!

We should neither be getting out hopes up nor down regarding all of these players that may or may not move to our club.

Pick 8 is still a quality pick. Be good to yourselves and stop putting your hearts through the wringer over random players.

:thumbsu:

* Luke Parker. How dare he play with our hearts and other things!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back