Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is staying, well done Giants.
They have seemingly managed to keep the core of that side again for another tilt.
They all might bail next year but they have done a hell of a lot better than that rabble up North.
Happy for them.

I was going to say Kelly, but I guess I’d take Coniglio...

8bfecb59e25eef2a59b593b3487d1a5c.gif

I was going to say Kelly, but I guess I’d take Coniglio...

If I had to choose I'd go-

Coniglio
Greene
Kelly
Shiel

That's if some one said pick one player off the list to come into your side.
If Ward was 2 years younger I'd probably want him in the side above all of them.

What about Scully? There are rumours about him.

That was just a quick wishlist really. I'd like Scully but he wouldnt be above any of those players for our team as it stands. (Not saying he wouldnt make the 22 he most certainly would,but I just rate the others higher).

If I had to choose I'd go-

Coniglio
Greene
Kelly
Shiel

That's if some one said pick one player off the list to come into your side.
If Ward was 2 years younger I'd probably want him in the side above all of them.
Is that in order of preference? ‘Cause I reckon I’d take Kelly over nearly any other player in the comp, maybe Dusty ahead of him. He’s that good.

Is that in order of preference? ‘Cause I reckon I’d take Kelly over nearly any other player in the comp, maybe Dusty ahead of him. He’s that good.

Yeah that's preference. I really rate coniglio.
Kicks goals,clean user, tackles,runs both ways. Can do a lockdown role if needed. Bleeds for his team mates.

Greene is second because I rekon he is the smartest footballer in their team, super talent.
Kelly is of course a great player but i just rate the others higher for what I'd like in the team.
Hence why I'd take ward over them all if he was a bit younger, really rate him as a player.

Yeah that's preference. I really rate coniglio.
Kicks goals,clean user, tackles,runs both ways. Can do a lockdown role if needed. Bleeds for his team mates.

Greene is second because I rekon he is the smartest footballer in their team, super talent.
Kelly is of course a great player but i just rate the others higher for what I'd like in the team.
Hence why I'd take ward over them all if he was a bit younger, really rate him as a player.
Fair enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've already stated in here that we would probably benefit from those players coming in, but you're saying that one of the players is essential for a flag and failure to get one of them in means 2019 will be a failure.

Also, those teams teams you listed.... that's more than one player. Not really helping your argument.

I'd add it doesn't have to be a linear progression.

Two years passed before Burgoyne and Gibson won flags.

Hawthorn also recruited for need. They struggled for ruckmen and big defenders.

Why can't S, S and S be that bump in quality for us? Another big difference is that we've been stockpiling picks and kids. Hawthorn burned most high picks from 08 to 12 so they didn't really have much coming through.

I agree that Richmond didn't land a big fish. Three solid players who can play a role. Again S, S and S.

In any event, not every premiership is built in the same way.

It's a big part of the frustration I have with this year. Waiting to play Francis, Redman, Ridley and Laverde was stupid and has achieved nothing other than preventing much needed exposure.

I'm bemused that we've delisted and not yet signed players who took that game time. The best that we can say about the selection of some sides this years is to pretend that we were making players "earn" games for their "development".

We need to let the quality on the list play. Instead there are question marks when there should be none and we don't even have the statistically impossible finals appearance to show for it.

I'd add it doesn't have to be a linear progression.

Two years passed before Burgoyne and Gibson won flags.

Hawthorn also recruited for need. They struggled for ruckmen and big defenders.

Why can't S, S and S be that bump in quality for us? Another big difference is that we've been stockpiling picks and kids. Hawthorn burned most high picks from 08 to 12 so they didn't really have much coming through.

I agree that Richmond didn't land a big fish. Three solid players who can play a role. Again S, S and S.

In any event, not every premiership is built in the same way.

It's a big part of the frustration I have with this year. Waiting to play Francis, Redman, Ridley and Laverde was stupid and has achieved nothing other than preventing much needed exposure.

I'm bemused that we've delisted and not yet signed players who took that game time. The best that we can say about the selection of some sides this years is to pretend that we were making players "earn" games for their "development".

We need to let the quality on the list play. Instead there are question marks when there should be none and we don't even have the statistically impossible finals appearance to show for it.
I agree - was bemused all in particular as to why Dea was playing ahead of those three.

You can’t forget just how into Setterfield we were on draft night. I doubt much has changed on our end since then when we were considering him at pick 1.

I've already stated in here that we would probably benefit from those players coming in, but you're saying that one of the players is essential for a flag and failure to get one of them in means 2019 will be a failure.

Also, those teams teams you listed.... that's more than one player. Not really helping your argument.

Then your naive to my ideology... who’s arguing???

I can’t help some of you are soaked in mediocrity that you generally believe a side that hasn’t won a final in 14 years is set to pounce on next years premiership without additional talent into the midfield and small forward division.

We’ve behind the 8 ball for a while and I’m happy that Xavier Campbell kicked some asses to say enough is enough. Dodoro did exceptional last year but you don’t stop looking to add talent especially when your team doesn’t even make finals?

But don’t put words in my mouth so to speak to say I believe 1 player takes us to the holy grail?? I implied adding no one, treading water I said, would not help us challenge next year especially as other sides such as North are adding quality into their stocks.

I believe in our list but I don’t believe in excuses and I don’t want to hear the same story that I’ve been reading since 2000, we have good enough KPP, don’t have enough A grade midfield depth, we had key injury to such and such but that’s ok he’ll be back next year like he is a machine that needs a switch turned on to be back at his best, that no one else will get injured or have a bad patch of form.

But No, that won’t happen next year, we won 10 of last 14, and ALL the other sides will not improve at all so therefore with our natural progression of development we’ll go past 10 other sides like time is standing still. Recent history is in our favour after all?

Now for those that don’t believe we don’t need A grade talent to challenge for next years premiership, get out of this thread. You have no place here, you should be posting in the who we should draft thread.

Now for those that don’t believe we don’t need A grade talent to challenge for next years premiership, get out of this thread. You have no place here, you should be posting in the who we should draft thread.
So if people don’t conform with your point of view, they’re not entitled to raise their opinion?

Love your passion for our club, but you need to chill the f out; this final paragraph sucks arse.

Then your naive to my ideology... who’s arguing???

I can’t help some of you are soaked in mediocrity that you generally believe a side that hasn’t won a final in 14 years is set to pounce on next years premiership without additional talent into the midfield and small forward division.

We’ve behind the 8 ball for a while and I’m happy that Xavier Campbell kicked some asses to say enough is enough. Dodoro did exceptional last year but you don’t stop looking to add talent especially when your team doesn’t even make finals?

But don’t put words in my mouth so to speak to say I believe 1 player takes us to the holy grail?? I implied adding no one, treading water I said, would not help us challenge next year especially as other sides such as North are adding quality into their stocks.

I believe in our list but I don’t believe in excuses and I don’t want to hear the same story that I’ve been reading since 2000, we have good enough KPP, don’t have enough A grade midfield depth, we had key injury to such and such but that’s ok he’ll be back next year like he is a machine that needs a switch turned on to be back at his best, that no one else will get injured or have a bad patch of form.

But No, that won’t happen next year, we won 10 of last 14, and ALL the other sides will not improve at all so therefore with our natural progression of development we’ll go past 10 other sides like time is standing still. Recent history is in our favour after all?

Ok bye

Stewie Dew had no influence did he?
Lol. Dew was taken at a pick in the 40s after sitting for a year, and pulled literally 15mins of good football out of his butt for the whole year.

If you honestly think doing that is the way to improve our team, then this argument isnt worth my time - and it certainly has no relevance to trying to poach a high profile player from another team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back