Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you stop hoarding small forwards we will stop hoarding inside mids. Deal?

Colyer can’t kick, doesn’t impact the scoreboard and can’t pick up ground balls despite him being shoulder level with the turf when it’s cut a little bit longer.

Is Brayshaw available?

Nathan Freeman anyone? Explosive Top Ten Pick.

gdSxCnYVdWPkzFzVYZWNpm4X8cumYLjmrhWXbBdfF4bBMU4FhJ5Gtj3VqjrQFz1RIrv145BeT0na5N8Q1Tst7phmetMPXtbmkwirnQ=w354-h200-nc

Only thing explosive about Nate is his hamstrings.
Causes him no end of trouble at the airport security check every time

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Colyer can’t kick, doesn’t impact the scoreboard and can’t pick up ground balls despite him being shoulder level with the turf when it’s cut a little bit longer.

Is Brayshaw available?

Coyler is a top 5 kick in our team what are you talking about , and his crumbing skills are elite .... but if we have too we can take a dees inside mid just to play fair

A3F49C2E-E1DE-481C-AD39-3B51848A2418.png

A "free lance journalist" on Twitter whom according to some posters on Blitz, is mates with Luke Ball.

Most of his tweets start with "My understanding is", in this case he flat out said for fans to get excited and that Martin has nominated Essendon.

How true is it, who knows. Time will tell I guess.

Its my understanding that a freelance journalist is just a writer who cant get a job or who has just been sacked.

Coyler is a top 5 kick in our team what are you talking about , and his crumbing skills are elite .... but if we have too we can take a dees inside mid just to play fair

View attachment 563317

his crumbing is top notch, infact I've seen him crumb the same ball 5 times while trying to pick it up

You have a gun small forward coming into your club through the academy next year so you don’t need any of ours :p

Toby Bedford?

Is Brayshaw available?

658.jpg

That’s more like it
View attachment 563319

He’s crumbing the into a false sense of security

Hes ahead of his time - if you fumble juggle the ball, you cant be tackled because you are not in possession. I reckon he may be the first to fumble the ball 85 meters toward goal, breaking through the zone.

smartmanpointsathead.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Setterfield yes.

A cheeky go at Libba woudn't hurt as he wouldn't cost the earth in terms of a pick or $$$ and coming off a knee also.

Setterfield give pick 8 and get 23 in return.

Libba would cost more than just salary and picks etc

Good player but I think he likes the party life more. Doesn’t give the impression he is 100% committed to being a professional AFL footy player.

I wonder if Hartley could be part of a deal for Martin.

Massive improvements in his game this year would see him lock down a spot in defence for the next 100 - 150 games.

Could be particularly important if May is out the door.

Obviously Hartley alone would not be enough but pick 8 is not really an option for us.

While it's an issue that extends well beyond this trade, GC needs a change of strategy.

They need mature professionals who want to be up there. I can't see things getting better with player retention until there is something up there to be a part of.

It makes the cutting of Barlow perplexing.

For GC it's got to be something like Sydney of the early 00s. Don't worry so much about grand designs on a premiership just put a competitive group together for a start.

They could have another 4 picks inside the top 20 but what does it matter if they get pummeled all year and Victorian club's are already in the ears of recruits?

Draft pick (not this years first, most likely next years first) plus package of selected players such as Hartley, Ambrose, Baguley, Colyer maybe a talented but fringe AFL player that will give 10+ years at Suns if developed properly.

For return of Martin and latter draft picks.

I’m happy to pay slight overs for Martin ala pies gave 2 first rounders for Treloar.

Suns need a blend of future talent plus those experienced players that can set the foundations of professional standards ala GWS with chad Cornes, That thug ruckman, Luke power etc.

If we traded out Ambrose I’d definitely look at trying to acquire Townsend from tigers on the cheap, hard nosed forward that we could use.

Last edited:
Pick 8 for Martin & WCE 2018 1st
WCE 1st & EFC 2019 1st for Shiel.

Might be some haggling with GWS around later round pick swaps.

Just a stab at things. Not undoable. Especially after last years effort.

Ummm what are WCE getting out of this? Or was this answered? Did WCE give suns this years first in last years trade period.

Martin will not come cheaply. But he has spent 30% of his career injured. What is he worth? A fair deal will result in a win/win.

Reckon Gold Coast Suns will insist on either our first round pick OR 2 players that have potential to play an immediate and long term role at the Suns OR 1 player and pick 27.

A lot of our backs are borderline top 22.

Players that can/could play good AFL football include Gleeson, Ambrose, Redman, Zerk-Thatcher, Ridley and Hartley.

With the return of Daniher, suddenly McKernan, Stewart and Browns positions are borderline, as are Begley and Laverde if Martin is in the team. Both have shown glimpses of becoming stars but are yet to do it consistently. Baguley has to be borderline as well but is over 30.

Throw in Colyer who has played great football previously and this season struggled to play at his best, but could definitely get back there. And Jake Long is also thereabouts but yet to break through.

Mutch and Clarke played well in the VFL finals, but are yet to break into the AFL consistently. They could be anything.

Out of all of the guys listed, I reckon Hartley (originally from NSW) and Long (NT) may forge a long AFL career with the Suns and play some good football, despite struggling to make it at Essendon.

Colyer (WA) may also consider the move if there is a chance that he will have to play VFL if he stays at Essendon. Baguley may be able to offer 1-2 good seasons.

Last edited:
Ummm what are WCE getting out of this? Or was this answered? Did WCE give suns this years first in last years trade period.

The Eagles traded away their first rounder this year for additional picks last year that they used to select 3 good WA kids. It could well have netted them Tim Kelly too had Geelong not dived in early

Watch last years finals series again?? He’ll never be an A grader, neither was Barnard, bloody handy players though.

He was very good then but in such a limited role and failed to recapture that form. I don’t think he’s shown enough in the other seven years to think that wasn’t an aberration of time and place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back