Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
It would mean that a guy like Walsh, SPS and even a Setterfield are now the 3rd/ 4th/ 5th midfielders and not the 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th midfielder.
I'm not convinced it would mean that at all.

Any word on where?

I like Hartley. Very underrated.
No but really, he's been the best defender in the best defence in the VFL this year. If he doesn't have a 2 year deal under his nose somewhere there's something wrong

Can’t remember the last time we traded a away quality player under 25 but I think this year this may be at least one exception, our cap will be at the brim. If Darce’s form continues the offers are going to come and there may be one we just can’t afford to match. If that happens I’d hope Dodo makes sure we’re handsomely compensated.

Wanganeen.

Can’t remember the last time we traded a away quality player under 25 but I think this year this may be at least one exception, our cap will be at the brim. If Darce’s form continues the offers are going to come and there may be one we just can’t afford to match. If that happens I’d hope Dodo makes sure we’re handsomely compensated.
Carlisle.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Surely it's not that simple to you. He's playing 2s because he is far too slow. How can he be leading?

And when he is playing seniors, is he leading by example? I ******* hope not.
This the same club that removed Hooker from the leadership group?
I'm not convinced it would mean that at all.

I think ya'll missing my point. He would drive standards, lead the kids and is the big bodied player that could help out Cripps. Wouldn't cost them the world either. Win - win imho.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
I think ya'll missing my point. He would drive standards, lead the kids and is the big bodied player that could help out Cripps. Wouldn't cost them the world either. Win - win imho.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to trade him, but the hard sell is as hard as you've made it look in this thread. You're just changing words around to try and give him any semblance of worth.

If he could do any of that with any semblance of success we wouldn't be willing to see him go.

Is he though? Considering he wasn't selected in the side when Hooker missed the first 3 weeks, I don't think he plays AFL again for us.
I guess it depends on how long we think Hooker has in him, he will be 31 in October. BZT (no games), Francis (maybe), Hurley (who they like on mids), Ambrose (undersized?) are the other options. I think Hartley would be great kicking out of defence, and also taking the opposition KPF. Although, as you said he had a chance to play earlier and didn't.
Hartley is gone
If you're saying this, Hartley is really in trouble.

Last edited:
If someone makes an approach about Hartley and offers him AFL footy I hope we do right by him and work something out.

Even if it’s for an 8-10 pick upgrade or something else minor, he deserves it and unfortunately his chances of making a real go of it with us are shrinking pretty quickly.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
If someone makes an approach about Hartley and offers him AFL footy I hope we do right by him and work something out.

Even if it’s for an 8-10 pick upgrade or something else minor, he deserves it and unfortunately his chances of making a real go of it with us are shrinking pretty quickly.
Without being within the clubs inner circle, i imagine Harts and Ambrose are competing for the same spot, and Paddy has beaten him pretty soundly in that competition.

By the time Hooker is ready to stand aside i imagine that BZT will have surpassed Harts as well.

Would happily, as you said, let him go for some small upgrade or token pick if he is given an opporunity elsewhere.

*Cough* Bulldogs *cough*

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Players to get rid of

Contracted players

Baguley - Retire
Myers - Cut
Brown - Cut
Hartley - Cut

Contracted players

Zaka - Trade for a 2nd rounder if available. If not keep him.

Hooker - Love him to pieces but it is the right time to offer him up if he wants to get to a premiership contender. I would ask him if he wants a chance at a title and to name a team he wants to get too. Lots of the top teams would offer up a good price for him to bolster their back line for 2-3 years. I would make it completely his choice however.

Cutting Brown when Daniher, Stewart and Smack all have injury issues seems like an incredibly silly thing to do. Especially when he'd be on peanuts

Fin ice Smuggler

Cancelled
Nov 13, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah sure would suit us down to a tea with kicking and lack of two way running being a weakness hence he can’t get a game with the
Wanganeen.

Correct me if im wrong but he wasn't traded. He walked and we received draft compensation which resulted in either Daniel McAlister or Heffernan? cant remember which one.

Yeah sure would suit us down to a tea with kicking and lack of two way running being a weakness hence he can’t get a game with the

Correct me if im wrong but he wasn't traded. He walked and we received draft compensation which resulted in either Daniel McAlister or Heffernan? cant remember which one.

Yes. We still lost him

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
I want Nick Shipley from the Giants, Cant get in the middle there and is probably behind Bonar and Hately as well from the 2s. 27 and 7 tackles a week. Big boy as well.

Edit: Tom Green to come is as well.
Seen him a couple weeks ago, I reckon he makes it. Western Sydney boy and GWS’s first kid out of the academy from the west so I reckon it would be hard to get him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back