Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
B4L pretending he isn't loaded and has Shiel delivering groceries :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Just so I can be clear, are we mocking the simple expression of the idea of recruiting the best KPF in the league as a free agent?

Who wouldnt be expendable if it were to be the case that he was interested (remember of course that Dodoro on the other side of the table at a coffee shop in Essendon during spring seems to be a force of nature)?

Last edited:
Just so I can be clear, are we mocking the simple expression of the idea of recruiting the best KPF in the league as a free agent?

Who wouldnt be expendable if it were to be the case that he was interested (remember of course that Dodoro on the other side of the table at a coffee shop in Essendon duriduring spring seems to be a force of nature)?
I'm not. I'm all for it. I've even outlined how we can 'fit' him in the salary cap.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus

Who wouldnt be expendable if it were to be the case that he was interested (remember of course that Dodoro on the other side of the table at a coffee shop in Essendon duriduring spring seems to be a force of nature)?

No one. In fact I would put up Hurley's name first.

I think it's more that if you mentioned the best player out of each team the comment from said poster is usually, get them to Essendon.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

I would trade Daniher to Sydney if it meant we can fit Cameron in the cap.

edit- The pick we get for Daniher (top 10) we take to the draft and get a big mid.

Last edited:
Zach Package has nailed it - Find it amusing that with no first rounder for three consecutive drafts, some are interested in trading away a second rounder - The list is fairly healthy with no significant weaknesses - Next two years is about retaining players and hitting the draft.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Suggesting Zaharakis is still worth a second rounder is delusional pearlier worthy.
Daniher + Zaharakis it is. Seriously though, I'm sh****** my self about Daniher. I feel like we should seriously be looking at a KPF for one year. Josh Jenkins maybe...

We'll also need a ruckman. I was on the big mid bandwagon but Dyl Clarke's game last week meant so much.

Conflicted though, because I also feel like we should be looking to trade our way into the first round, and at the moment it feels like that involves one of Langford, Laverde or Gleeson.

So for me, we should be focused on;
KPF or ruckman
First round pick

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Big no to Jenkins. He’s hopeless. I’d rather throw a 2 year deal at Ben Reid from the pies. Pending he passes a medical and probably put a few triggers on the second year. He’d be one of the better money ball buys IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back