Status
Not open for further replies.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Yo

You reckon it’s game over for Jacobs? Kicked 5 goals and 30 hitouts first game back in the vfl.

It's hard to know what to do. Jacobs might have another few years left in him. O'Brien might have 10 years left in him. I think what has to happen is that you drop the idea that "X is our number 1".

Sell the ability to compete for a spot to O'Brien which he probably didn't have until a fortnight ago. Yes, the club will claim that there is competition but usually it's not real.

We'll be in an interesting spot this time next year with Bellchambers and Draper.

Has anyone watched any of Patrick Wilson in the SANFL? I don’t know anything about him other than he consistently puts up silly numbers in the Crow’s ressies as an inside mid but can’t crack the senior side.

Could be a potential budget addition to the midfield group?

Big no to Jenkins. He’s hopeless. I’d rather throw a 2 year deal at Ben Reid from the pies. Pending he passes a medical and probably put a few triggers on the second year. He’d be one of the better money ball buys IMO
The Reid boys are both made of cardboard. Pass.

JayDon

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2013
Home
AFL Club
Essendon
We have a fair few young blokes. I reckon we stay the journey and keep playing them this and next year.
Then who can we target from James Hird Academy?
In 2 years we might have a system that needs just a key player or 2.
I want it all now too, but maybe we focus on getting games into young blokes and build a culture?

Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
We have a fair few young blokes. I reckon we stay the journey and keep playing them this and next year.
Then who can we target from James Hird Academy?
In 2 years we might have a system that needs just a key player or 2.
I want it all now too, but maybe we focus on getting games into young blokes and build a culture?
Agree, no more Z clarke, D myers, M baguley. Zaharakis and Bellchambers still have footy left to give but need to start handing over their spots in the team as soon as we are injury free.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
What happened to Billy Longer? Is he anywhere? I thought he drafted quite highly.

And where's Gach Nyuon?

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pick 8 in the 2011 National Draft.

Then traded to the Saints for Pick 25 (and a downgrade of pick 41 to pick 48).

1560163444937.png

That's not bad list management by the Saints who burned pick 13 on Tom Hickey the year before. Was that Chris Pelchan's plan? He likes lecturing everyone on what they ought to do and taking credit for the Hawks success.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
If Parish's form continues his price is going to creep higher when other clubs come sniffing. If we're planning on retaining him that needs to be priority #1. Can't see how we gain cap space to bring in a star unless we move on Hooker or Hurley (which I'm not advocating).

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Pick 8 in the 2011 National Draft.

Then traded to the Saints for Pick 25 (and a downgrade of pick 41 to pick 48).

View attachment 690114

That's not bad list management by the Saints who burned pick 13 on Tom Hickey the year before. Was that Chris Pelchan's plan? He likes lecturing everyone on what they ought to do and taking credit for the Hawks success.

The worst part about that Hickey trade was Grundy sliding to 18. What a monumental balls up.

So hypothetically speaking, petracca is open to leaving Melbourne so he can get more of an opportunity playing inside midfield. Do we have a go at him? Possibly offer up someone like Zaha (dees need run) + a pick?
Gonna be honest, I feel as though Petracca is extremely overrated.

Would cost a bundle, too.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
So hypothetically speaking, petracca is open to leaving Melbourne so he can get more of an opportunity playing inside midfield. Do we have a go at him? Possibly offer up someone like Zaha (dees need run) + a pick?
Zaka and a pick? Unless that pick is a top 10 selection, Dream on

Jun 13, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Sure, he has disappointed since being drafted. Highly rated juniors who don't live up to expectations have a tendency to be entirely written off. He's certainly not worth a top 10 pick. Atm he's a mediocre hf/mid. But he's only 23. I'm just curious about what a trac who's groomed with a full PS to play full time midfield might look like. You're probably all right, we'd have to overpay. But he's an interesting discussion.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Sure, he has disappointed since being drafted. Highly rated juniors who don't live up to expectations have a tendency to be entirely written off. He's certainly not worth a top 10 pick. Atm he's a mediocre hf/mid. But he's only 23. I'm just curious about what a trac who's groomed with a full PS to play full time midfield might look like. You're probably all right, we'd have to overpay. But he's an interesting discussion.

Has he said he is open to being traded or was that part of your hypothetical?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back