Not open for further replies.

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Day is a F/A. Even as a restricted F/A if the offer was matched there’d be no way Hurley would be involved.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Dont see the point of Sam Day. To sign him would be some notable coin, say 470k-550k which is a fair bit for a guy that doesnt fit our lineup that well.

Presuming everyone is fit, I think Smack plays with Joe and Stringer. Having Day, Stringer, Joe and Smack is way too tall, especially when you account for Laverde/Langford and possibly Francis or Hooker swithing up there in game.
Otherwise, Day is one expensive backup.

I would throw maybe 390k-440k at Brodie for 2 years but if not then use that money to secure Draper and re-sign a bunch of the guys out of contract this year like Parish and Laverde.

Moneyball options for me or we hit the draft and save whatever cap space we have left (we have brought in 4 guys on decent coin in 2 years).

Mikevk123

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Dont see the point of Sam Day. To sign him would be some notable coin, say 470k-550k which is a fair bit for a guy that doesnt fit our lineup that well.

Presuming everyone is fit, I think Smack plays with Joe and Stringer. Having Day, Stringer, Joe and Smack is way too tall, especially when you account for Laverde/Langford and possibly Francis or Hooker swithing up there in game.

I would throw maybe 390k-440k at Brodie for 2 years but if not then use that money to secure Draper and re-sign a bunch of the guys out of contract this year like Parish and Laverde.

Moneyball options for me or we hit the draft and save whatever cap space we have left (we have brought in 4 guys on decent coin in 2 years).
Why would we invest in Day when we have Mckernan 28 years of age and Brown 28 years of age. A young Key Forward maybe.

Mikevk123

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
We currently have picks 27,33,45,61,63 and 81. I don’t want us to trade out those second round selections unless we can upgrade them. If Orazio and Draper do decide to leave we must try get the best deal possible.

Port Adelaide receive: Orazio Fantasia and Pick 33
Essendon receive: Pick 12 and Peter Ladhams.

St Kilda receive: Sam Draper
Essendon receive: 2020 second round pick.

Leaves us with 12,27,45,61,63,81. And St Kilda’s 2020 Second Round Selection.

On trade pick 27 to Collingwood for Brayden Sier and sign up sauce through free agency.

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
We currently have picks 27,33,45,61,63 and 81. I don’t want us to trade out those second round selections unless we can upgrade them. If Orazio and Draper do decide to leave we must try get the best deal possible.

Port Adelaide receive: Orazio Fantasia and Pick 33
Essendon receive: Pick 12 and Peter Ladhams.

St Kilda receive: Sam Draper
Essendon receive: 2020 second round pick.

Leaves us with 12,27,45,61,63,81. And St Kilda’s 2020 Second Round Selection.

On trade pick 27 to Collingwood for Brayden Sier and sign up sauce through free agency.
27 is an over spend on an inside mid that cannot kick. We have Clarke no need to burn a very decent pick on Sier, when I reckon we could get Will Brodie for a pick in the 50-60 range

Mikevk123

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
27 is an over spend on an inside mid that cannot kick. We have Clarke no need to burn a very decent pick on Sier, when I reckon we could get Will Brodie for a pick in the 50-60 range
Uh yes i forgot about Brodie. It’s likely he’s going to Carlton or north.

May 27, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
I think our list is good enough and our cap is full enough that we should be spending the least amount possible by drafting the best we can.

I would be ok with trading in a ready to go backup key forward for a 4th rounder+, and still wouldnt mind Sier if cheap enough which he won't be. The Wylie Buzza suggestion is interesting, i dont know too much about him.
Gawddam I hope Raz doesn't leave

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Brodie would certainly cost less than Sier, however he is no chance to go for pick 50-60
The Hawks got a 4th and Scrimshaw for a future 3rd. Brodie is clearly on the way out. I reckon that will be his price come the end of the year.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Another interesting name is Max Lynch from the Pies.

Super fit and athletic big man. Really only a ruckman (kept out by Grundy) that has plenty of tricks. Pies supporters rate him however may want to leave to pursue being a #1 somewhere else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
The Hawks got a 4th and Scrimshaw for a future 3rd. Brodie is clearly on the way out. I reckon that will be his price come the end of the year.
Scrimshaw had played about 3 games, showed little to nothing on field and was out of contract.

Brodie has averaged 22 disposals and 5 tackles in his 6 games this year (17 overall) and his contract runs until the end of 2020 (bargaining power for GCS).

In no world are they comparable value at the trade table. Pick 25-40 would get it done though.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Scrimshaw had played about 3 games, showed little to nothing on field and was out of contract.

Brodie has averaged 22 disposals and 5 tackles in his 6 games this year (17 overall) and his contract runs until the end of 2020 (bargaining power for GCS).

In no world are they comparable value at the trade table. Pick 25-40 would get it done though.

Dew obviously doesnt place any emphasis on his numbers.

naraku

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
A.C. Milan
Wylie Buzza

Would only cost a 3rd round pick and can fill in as a KPF or a Ruck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Buzza has some congenative eye condition that doesn't allow him to see the ball properly. Hence why the cat's don't play him even though they need someone to step up and help Hawkins. Not sure if Geelong thought it was treatable or if he will get better but at this stage Buzza is best left alone.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon

Problem is 'presuming'. We haven't seen a consistent run from either Stewart or Daniher for too long and we don't know when we will. Day is a cheap and decent quality option who will dtraighten us up, allow small and medium forwards to do their thing and Hooker to go back. We could even keep Hurley, unlike that other poster's wacko suggestion.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics

Scrimshaw was also a lazy, sook ass hawk fan boi who only wanted to play for them.

not sure anyone else had a chance of landing him, or, if they did, would ever get any service out of him.

Future 2nd for Brodie would be a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back