Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
It’s shouldn’t be that crazy but it is. Clubs don’t move on their top 10 talents willingly.
some do
GCS kicked Bennell and Dixon out. First probably did themselves a favour, but Dixon was a gun and their best forward.
Hawks kicked out arguably their brightest prospect in Burton too.

I suppose the argument is neither team did very well out of doing so.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Still doesnt disprove my point.
To compare Brodie now and Scrimshaw last year in trade value is nonsense.

If Brodie was playing consistently and maintaining those numbers they would be asking for pick 15-24

What can the numbers mean if he's played 17 games on 3 years.

It's just like it was with Langford.

His numbers are okay and sometimes good but it hardly told the full story.

There has to be a pretty serious problem with Brodie if he has struggled to get games in the side which is the clear bottom place in terms of its midfield talent.

You dont pay more than a 3rd/4th round pick for that.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon

There has to be a pretty serious problem with Brodie if he has struggled to get games in the side which is the clear bottom place in terms of its midfield talent.

Apparently it's that he doesn't like to do what he's told. Neither did Jake. I'd back our culture to get the best out of him. He surely looks enviously in Saady's direction.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
some do
GCS kicked Bennell and Dixon out. First probably did themselves a favour, but Dixon was a gun and their best forward.

Richmond did. We have to balance risk and reward, and I think with the quality of our list and our backline depth we can cover it. We're 9th. What do we have to lose?

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Richmond did. We have to balance risk and reward, and I think with the quality of our list and our backline depth we can cover it. We're 9th. What do we have to lose?
A lot would depend on what you'd get and who from?
A high pick and we run the risk of a bust. im not keen to trade a player out who doesn't want to go for a gamble

If collingwood put Grundy on the table, i'd bite.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
A lot would depend on what you'd get and who from?
A high pick and we run the risk of a bust. im not keen to trade a player out who doesn't want to go for a gamble

If collingwood put Grundy on the table, i'd bite.
My point is that while we're battling away in mediocrity we are a bust. I agree that we should be seeking the right player to fill our needs. It's sad for me that I think Hurls is the key to that. We all thought we were top material before the season, but these injuries to Daniher, TBell and Draper have found us out and we need to make some enquiries.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
some do

Deledio to GWS says otherwise.

Sure but I thought there was pretty obvious context to those that didn’t need stating. Deledio is the closest to relevant but had just come off two severely interrupted seasons.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Capitalised on by the club.

Sure but still goes to the point without extenuating circumstances (relevant off field problems, injuries, players requesting the trade) clubs don’t volunteer this calibre of player up.

Oct 12, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Southampton

It's gotta be a problem with balance. Swallow, Miles, Bowes, Miller, McPherson and Fiorini is a very slow midfield group before you add Brodie to the mix.

Fin ice Smuggler

Cancelled
Nov 13, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Im with Judd and think we should target 1 of the Crouch brothers, preferably the younger un-injured Matt Crouch because we don't need another player with OP. I'd also look at their young ruckman.

As stated before if gold coast 'were' given a priority top 3 draft pick they had to trade out, i would look at trading Hurley in a package deal (suns would need to offer a veteran player decent $ with life after footy opportunity to attract anyone). Someone rebutted stupidly before we should trade Zaka for top 10 pick, pretty naive immature response me thinks. Kids cant teach kids how to play footy, it's why the GWS experiment worked and the Suns experiment failed, Suns need experience. Look how well the lions have done since acquiring Luke Hodge? Hurley is no Hodge, but he is a senior dual All Australian and if you packaged him up im sure it would give Suns something to think about.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
I'd much prefer to get higher end talent like Matt Crouch in or a player such as Will Brodie from Suns.

CEY - IMO is an injury away from retirement.

I think we all would be we have no currency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back