Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Going off this weeks team the only players who would be in our best 22 would be Weller, Fiorini, Miller, Witts and Swallow. After that it really drops off, they’re a very bad football team.

Going purely on performance to date this year you could add Sexton over Laverde and MacPherson over Tippa or Fanta.

Could actually be really good and refreshing for everyone if they merged with North and moved to Tassie and removed all and any reference to North Melbourne, the Kangaroos and colours etc for the rest of time.

The AFL will keep pouring money into GC, until they make it.
North I don’t know...

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
All this fold/relocate talk is bizarre.

North melbourne had a chance to relocate to GC when it was in crippling debt, abysmal crowd numbers and little to no financial backing outside the AFL - and they STILL said no.

They damn well arent going to do it now that they are as strong/viable financially as they have been since the turn of the century.

Honestly i think our supporters bringing it up is more of our (apparently) non-existing rivallry

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Could actually be really good and refreshing for everyone if they merged with North and moved to Tassie and removed all and any reference to North Melbourne, the Kangaroos and colours etc for the rest of time.
I'm joking around. I wouldn't wish the closure or merging of any club on anyone. I don't really know how unhealthy North's bottomline is either.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
All this fold/relocate talk is bizarre.

North melbourne had a chance to relocate to GC when it was in crippling debt, abysmal crowd numbers and little to no financial backing outside the AFL - and they STILL said no.

They damn well arent going to do it now that they are as strong/viable financially as they have been since the turn of the century.

Honestly i think our supporters bringing it up is more of our (apparently) non-existing rivallry
I think people enjoy how disproportionately aggro they get.

naraku

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
A.C. Milan
Martin has been there for 6 years now, so he's not exactly leaving early. King has had one foot out the door since the day his name was called out - by all reports he was hoping he would last until Pick 7 as it meant the Dogs would have taken him (since we were mad keen on him) as that was his only chance of staying in Victoria with his brother (who was always going to the Saints at Pick 4). I think they've turned a corner with their younger players lately, as they seem to have far less retention issues among the young guys. It now seems to be the older ones leaving who've been around a while and seen no success (Lynch, May, Martin)

Time will tell of course. But you can have all the kids you want but without experience player's staying, it's going to be a vicious cycle. In a few years the Kings, Lukousious' etc will all be up and out if they don't get more success so.
Dew has some good work, you can see that but it isn't going to be enough I don't think.
We'll see.

They could merge with North and move. They could be the Tassie Sunshinners

2f3d9681156e1843e6b220574a345b68.jpg

Where has the talk of Parish leaving come from?
He's going to go up to Brisbane so he can play with his best mate who isn't even in the best 22.

If that's the case I would be against getting him to Essendon.
Who, Mathieson? When it all boils down, a 23 year old isn't going to make a decision worth hundreds of thousands of dollars for the opportunity to play with a mate, particularly when that mate isn't guaranteed to be playing AFL football after his current contract runs out. This is one of the more bizarre player movement theories going around at the moment.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Who, Mathieson? When it all boils down, a 23 year old isn't going to make a decision worth hundreds of thousands of dollars for the opportunity to play with a mate, particularly when that mate isn't guaranteed to be playing AFL football after his current contract runs out. This is one of the more bizarre player movement theories going around at the moment.

Yep was talking about Mathieson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back